rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Ambrose Curtis off?
BdeB (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 22:07
There seems to be a few social media posts from the players with the hashtag ambysleavingmeal. Looks like he might be off home. Shame when these things donít work out

Re: Ambrose Curtis off?
Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 22:15
Just been very odd. Clearly hasn't settled, but you'd gave thought playing would help and yet he's not even been in the A team

wombles222 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 22:17
If true it is a shame it did not work out, he was a long shot...and personally one I hoped would of worked (remember Gizzy!) However I wish him all the success!!!

jonnydeane (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 23:51
Someone with a bit more insider knowledge must know something about what has happened with Curtis.

Imagine Dai had him on the bulking up programme this season but as said he has not even had a good crack in the Anglo welsh or the A League so just not sure.
Possibly not at all up to it but then makes me wonder why it happened it the first place or he has just been very unsettled.
Possibly more cap freed up and another winger needed then

washy (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 07:45
maybe would have had better success in the past few seasons with our style of play actually using the wingers. Wade hardly had a touch of the ball in the few games he played at the start of the season, it even made him look a poor player.

Marconi (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 07:55
Not had a great strike rate with Kiwi wingers - Reminds me a bit of when we signed Matt Priscott (2003/4ish?), thought he was going to be great and then disappeared without much of an impact.

greenwood (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 08:22
Ambrose Curtis Off ?

I didn't know He'd arrived....

Petergwilson (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 08:39
He was the Q&A in the clubhouse last week. Nothing was mentioned.

DuncanS (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 08:48
Maybe heís off to Saracens instead of Elliot? OK, perhaps not....

bg (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 09:12
Quote:
DuncanS
Maybe heís off to Saracens instead of Elliot? OK, perhaps not....

A very peculiar signing, and if true, exit. As far as I'm aware he played in one premiership cup game and that was it.. not even an A league game and yet he appeared in plenty of the Broadstreet training video clips.

Why not try the 'other' Wasps forum?
[onceawasp.com]

Eezamarlowman (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 20:12
I was wondering what was going on with Curtis the other day, wasnít listed as being injured. Strange situation.

Matt Mullan also off. Been a good player for us over the years. Hope he recovers from his injury

Sliminator (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 20:19
Could be that he may have stayed as a squad player but the opportunity of first team game time in France was preferable for him?

chunky24 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 20:30
Sad to see Matt go, one of the best defensive props, but with Harris and Mac signing again, ZZ coming good and Tom West in the senior academy along with I would think a sizeable salary pretty inevitable. Could also tie in with a reduction or end of his payment due to prolonged injury.

CurtisJHunter (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 21:26
Completely agree. Matt has been great to us but we have 3 great props now and Tom West coming through. Will free up some sizeable money in the salary cap

Quote:
chunky24
Sad to see Matt go, one of the best defensive props, but with Harris and Mac signing again, ZZ coming good and Tom West in the senior academy along with I would think a sizeable salary pretty inevitable. Could also tie in with a reduction or end of his payment due to prolonged injury.

BdeB (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 21:32
The timing of Milan is odd. I could see why we would let him go at the end of the season as his last contract would have been signed as an England squad player and we are well covered at LH but why cut ties now?

steve from cov (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 21:35
MM has been a good servant to the club and is a nice guy to boot.

17 England caps suggests he was good prop too.

Good luck Matt.

neils (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 21:38
If he last played in February then possible this is a sign that the injury insurance money is finishing. Just a thought.

Marconi (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 21:40
Wonder if MMs next move is known and he's heading there early to continue his rehab? Had heard a while back that he was likely to head back to Wuss - apparently never moved to Cov and was living with family in Wuss.

Westy68 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 21:46
Just odd MM left with immediate effect

Worcswasp (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 22:04
Firstly nowt wrong living in Wuss &#128512;. Secondly, Wade, Curtis and Mullan = decent wages freed up now. Anyone of quality available over next 4 weeks to get signed up before Premier recommences? You just never know.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net