rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bye bye
Pingu the Brave (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 11:23
I used to enjoy coming on this site, why?

- knowledgeable rugby conversation
- constructive views on what’s good/bad with the rugby being played
- passionate supporters with an informed view about rugby
- supporters who love the club and the players and what the club stands for

His site has become everything i dislike, opinionated, rude, disrespectful, dishonest, antagonistic, aggressive and arrogant.

Forums provide a place where people can exchange views, ask questions and gather information. Unfortunately keyboard warriors and those who only want to cause argument and have a go are taking over and those whose views I enjoyed reading and exchanging have gone leaving the air space to poison and vitriol. I too am off. The nonsense being expressed in here is just that, nonsense.

I have supported my beloved wasps over many many years through thick and thin. My kids have been mascots, we have travelled the length and breadth of the country supporting the men in black and gold and will continue to do so but without this forum.

See ya

PtB
http://home.pacific.net.hk/~shung/favorites/pingu.gif

Re: Bye bye
Artzillwasp (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 11:40
Bye bye.

cb@wasps (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 11:56
Quote:
Bye bye

Pretty much sums up why Pingu is going (Sm136)

For what its worth I can sympathise with what he is saying, the site has become a place for abuse of other posters and Wasps players and coaching staff.

backdoc (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 12:14
Argumentum Ad Hominem
In discussion has become the problem
No wit and no guile
They just spew out bile
So leave and in parting say Sodom.

bg (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 12:56
Quote:
backdoc
Argumentum Ad Hominem
No wit and no guile
They just spew out bile

Did you know you were a poet
But just didn't know it?

Old Geezer (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 12:59
This forum like others reflects a cross section of social media. I doubt he will escape that by going elsewhere.

Bzzzz (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 13:37
I liberated myself recently leaving facebook and most other social media platforms. It has really helped my mental health more than I ever imagined it would.

The problem is that we all at some time or another vent our spleen in such a way that it comes across as abusive, arrogant and all those things Pingu does not like.

I am sure I am guilty and it is a reason why I do not use social media. On a forum like this where opinions are king there is bound to be some argy bargy. Mostly I find it amusing especially when drink has obviously been taken but some sensitive souls could easily find some comments unacceptable.

Familiarity also helps or maybe does not help... whilst we are largely anonymous on this site we may sort of feel like we know one another, to a certain extent, having a common interest in Wasps, then it becomes easier to insult folk since we are all mates....

I have deleted more posts, before I sent them, than posts I did actually send on here to try to remain pleasant and I know I have not always succeeded. Perhaps if we all try to post more thoughtfully and mindful of others sensitivities we would not get Bye Bye post such as this.?

Andy1210 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 13:44
Quote:
Bzzzz
I liberated myself recently leaving facebook and most other social media platforms. It has really helped my mental health more than I ever imagined it would.
The problem is that we all at some time or another vent our spleen in such a way that it comes across as abusive, arrogant and all those things Pingu does not like.

I am sure I am guilty and it is a reason why I do not use social media. On a forum like this where opinions are king there is bound to be some argy bargy. Mostly I find it amusing especially when drink has obviously been taken but some sensitive souls could easily find some comments unacceptable.

Familiarity also helps or maybe does not help... whilst we are largely anonymous on this site we may sort of feel like we know one another, to a certain extent, having a common interest in Wasps, then it becomes easier to insult folk since we are all mates....

I have deleted more posts, before I sent them, than posts I did actually send on here to try to remain pleasant and I know I have not always succeeded. Perhaps if we all try to post more thoughtfully and mindful of others sensitivities we would not get Bye Bye post such as this.?

That's a really good post Bzzz. I think it's worth remembering that are getting a real kicking this season on and off the pitch so there's going to be a lot of angst and frustration on here.

RossM (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 13:57
Bzzzz: I can assure you I am not a sensitive soul but I find that there are more and more posts on here that I find unacceptable. Sometimes I react and other times I don't - mostly the latter.

11 February, 2019 15:43
Love seeing a good flounce me.

John Tee (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 16:19
I find it funny, people can curse and swear at posts but then complain that there appears to be division on the site. And carry on cursing and swearing at posts...
And carry on complaining about that slant or opinion...lol lol

Personally, I never get upset here...
If people have a different point of view, nobody should mind that...and a debate occurs.
Sometimes, some constructive views come from visitors from other clubs, even Saracen lol

Having said that, I've not had issues with their recent posters, always welcome, Imv so I think they bring up good points for the most part.

Worcswasp (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:14
This site this season has just followed the teams fortunes. Difficult with some long standing followers, like players, leaving. We will grow stronger. COYW

Shugs (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:49
I think most will be disappointed that someone feels the need to leave the forum because of what they read - I know I certainly am. Disagreement is inevitable but let's endeavour to be nice about it!

backdoc (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:59
Some people are beyond parody

Tricolour (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 19:29
Quote:
bg
Quote:
backdoc
Argumentum Ad Hominem
No wit and no guile
They just spew out bile

Did you know you were a poet
But just didn't know it?

It's a gift
If you get his drift?

ballsout (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 10:17
Narcissitic posters announcing their plans to stop posting, how pathetic.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 12:40
Mind reading posters criticising others. How pathetic.

bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 12:58
How depressing that a number of users have felt they need to prove why Pingu feels the need to leave.

Only to be expected though I guess

welsh wasp (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 13:12
Agree with bald paul.

There are two or three posts on this thread where the posters could have considered the worth of making their comments.

WaspieMatt (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 13:24
Quote:
bald.paul.101
How depressing that a number of users have felt they need to prove why Pingu feels the need to leave.
Only to be expected though I guess

+1. But frankly it comes as no surprise on this site now.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net