rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

OT(ish) - ex of this parish
11 February, 2019 12:29
2012 Olympian turned NFL hopeful arrested in prostitution sting

Geez, that's bad turn of events. He's been pursing an NFL career for best part of 5 years and hasn't progressed at all. I think dropping down to this new league was his attempt at getting a foot in the door, not sure this will help matters much (though US sports have had worst off field incidents).

Shame he never stuck to one sport. He tried rugby for bit before heading off to shot put and then discus. He goes to America for some winter training and decides "why not try out for NFL combine?" and this is where he's at.

I'm sure his wife is loving this.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

Re: OT(ish) - ex of this parish
bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 13:07
Love this quote:

"He joined the Arizona Cardinals two years later, but was cut after parking his car in the space of head coach Bruce Arians."

RossM (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 13:13
Went to the same school as Elliot.

11 February, 2019 13:19
Quote:
RossM
Went to the same school as Elliot.

Quite a few of our players went to Whitgift right? Such a waste of a decent rugby talent imo.

He's the same age as as Christian, imagine him playing in our back 3.

Hope it works out for him, but I doubt he'll ever have any sort of proper NFL career.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

Matt82 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 20:42
Makes you think if he's been trying for so long to break into the NFL and got nowhere what's going to happen to Wadey. I really feel Wadey has made a massive career error thinking he can break into the NFL.

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:17
On the flip side, the viability of this new, spring league (which is effectively Championship level) could be ideal for Wade as it will give him the option to play and prove to himself that way. Okoye has been around about 5 teams I think and never had an opportunity, partly because there never is an opportunity in the NFL to gamble.

bigfecker (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 14:16
Having watched him play as a winger at school and Not Nots, a bit of a donkey rugby wise. Big unit and quite quick once he's got 15m, but not top level. Would be OK at Championship level.

27 and pretty much washed up in the NFL, should have stuck to athletics and studying.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net