rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Movement on the deadlock??
Heathen (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 07:52
Picked this up on Twitter :

SISU’s statement and Westminster meeting this week then... What odds are there on us being none the wiser and all parties saying what they’ve said for the last 10 months?

Anyone know if there is any substance to it?

Re: Movement on the deadlock??
neils (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 08:08
Yes was released last week that all parties are to meet at Westminster at the request of MPs. There is unlikely to be any change in stance just a stating of positions and putting pressure. Also SISU announced via CCFC that they would be issuing a statement "early next week" on Friday. No inkling of what they intend to say - probably just more pressure. Sorry can't link as out walking dog in strong wind.

Skippy (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 14:23
I'm sure the involvement of MPs will resolve the deadlock!eye rolling smiley

DuncanS (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 14:35
As the battle to remove SISU has reached Westminster, do we call it Sexit?

neils (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 14:39
There have been several Westminster meetings about it and nowt has happened. Meeting this week (Thursday) in Westmister will make no changes as I think their minds are on other things!

Ken I L Worth (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 15:09
Coxit, Waxit, Rixit.....

bg (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 15:19
Quote:
neils
There have been several Westminster meetings about it and nowt has happened. Meeting this week (Thursday) in Westmister will make no changes as I think their minds are on other things!

Do we know who's invited to the meeting and what the objective is. I can't see the point Wasps or CCC attending as the meeting will have no legal standing and there have been plenty of these type of meetings. CCC and Wasps have said what needs to happen and any other type of meeting, discussion is pointless. If CCFC supporters want to vent their angst to some MP that can't do anything then fine

Marlovian (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 15:43

bg (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 16:28
Quote:

Is this the 1st of April? SISU don't want much do they?

neils (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 16:32
Time to wave bye bye. Totally bonkers.

washy (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 16:46
fantastic statement if you want your tenants to throw you out now. Obviously their latest bid to distress someone else's business in order to improve theirs, it didn't exactly work in their favour on previous attempts and does not look to this time round either.

Petergwilson (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 17:27
Well that explains all the legal actions. They are living in cloud cuckoo land.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 17:47
I was with it till they said what they want.
There can be no negotiation with such an insidious bunch of calumny-peddling, truth twisting, slippery *****.

La Guepe (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 18:56
The website Psychology Today defines Narcissistic Personality Disorder as follows:

"The hallmarks of Narcssistic Personality Disorder (NPD) are grandiosity, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration. People with this condition are frequently described as arrogant, self-centered, manipulative, and demanding. They may also concentrate on grandiose fantasies (e.g. their own success, beauty, brilliance) and may be convinced that they deserve special treatment."

It is obvious from SISU's letter that they suffer from a severe case of NPD.

Speedy-New (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 19:03
"a medium term interim arrangement with Wasps on commercially acceptable terms to stay
at the Ricoh Arena until CCFC’s own stadium is complete."

That statement above says nothing. Very PR speak with little else.

Medium term - 3, 5, 10 years?
Commercially acceptable - the biggest open-ended two words ever

bg (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 19:17
Quote:
Speedy-New
Commercially acceptable - the biggest open-ended two words ever[/quote

Commericially acceptable to whom. They seem to want to expect to rent for a pepperrcorn rate (a CCFC supporter who occasionally posts here has said the same thing).

Why would Wasps want to incur costs allowing someone else to use their asset?

Sudburyandbeyond (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 19:54
Wow, how much did their legal team get paid for that?. A sad day no one wants to see a team go out of business or lose its home. However, SISU certainly don't look for empathy and seem to live on a different planet from the rest of us.

The Fumigator (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 23:40
Quote:

Nothing new here and in all the years of posture about building a new stadium, not once have they identified a site, put in a bid for land or given evidence of obstruction to their plans. It also beggars belief that they would seriously consider going through the costly process of acquiring land and building a stadium from scratch when they would have a shot at buying commercial rights from Wasps for matchday revenue.

However, I hope it makes one thing perfectly clear-they are the ones driving the legals and the subordinate CCFC does not have the ability to stop them.

bg (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 08:01
Quote:
The Fumigator
Quote:

Nothing new here and in all the years of posture about building a new stadium, not once have they identified a site, put in a bid for land or given evidence of obstruction to their plans. It also beggars belief that they would seriously consider going through the costly process of acquiring land and building a stadium from scratch when they would have a shot at buying commercial rights from Wasps for matchday revenue.

However, I hope it makes one thing perfectly clear-they are the ones driving the legals and the subordinate CCFC does not have the ability to stop them.

Do you know who is attending on behalf of CCFC or more importantly if anyone is representing the supporters. I presume Fisher is going but I think he's in the pocket of SISU.

Is anyone going from the Sky Blues supporters trust/group?

I wonder who is representing SISU. I'd bet a "Cips" (fiver) that Seppala won't be attending and that it will be some lackey or their legal team.

Why not try the 'other' Wasps forum?
[onceawasp.com]

Ken I L Worth (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 08:11
I hope the expression
Quote:
SISU
a stadium development supported by the Council in Coventry with enabling development on reasonable terms
doesn't involve any public money....as a council tax payer if any of the money goes towards the upkeep of a private hedge fund there should be questions asked...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net