Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Morning all!
Discussion started by wombles222 , 14 April, 2019 06:57
Morning all!
wombles222 14 April, 2019 06:57
Good morning Waspies near and far from a quiet but pleasantly sunny Guildford! Just about to head out to the paper shop and local coffee house, then Church, Hound walk and getting the roast on the go, before settling down to watch our lads take on league leaders Chiefs.

Sandy park has never been an easy place to go to get a result, and today is no different. Chiefs are a class apart this term and have the ability to dismantle any team when they hit their straps, yet also win convincingly when they are not at their best. They have power, patience, can play in the tight and yet equally threaten in the loose and wider channels. They all play to a plan and trust one another. At Welford road they put on a half a century against a injury plagued Tigers side, whilst we lost to a Tigers Team obliterated by injuries at the very same location.

One positive is last week we showed glimpses of potential, and it was great to get a monkey off our backs, however we have a long long way to go to get back towards the top 6, let alone top 4 in the league, and with our run in I think that journey will have to begin next year in possibly the Russian wilderness rather than the familiar surroundings of Dublin or Paris. This of course will have financial implications for the club, however Let us hope that the FCA investigation and ongoing issues with CCFC and their owners will be consigned to the history books and not of concern so we can once more focus on getting the rugby club achieving and becoming more successful.

But to today, I will of course have my Wasps shirt and and cheering the lads on, I am hoping for a miracle as we as supporters are all of that ilk. But realistically a BP would be a phenomenal achievement for our side. If the boys give their best and all then that is all we can ask and I will support them to the hilt no matter the result! However For me, Chiefs by 24-30.

Come on you Wasps! (Sm128)

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp.

Re: Morning all!
Buzzboy 14 April, 2019 07:27
Morning Wombles and all. Realistic and eloquent assessment there, with which I wholeheartedly agree.
Iíll be literally running for the hills from the Chiefs today, as Iím driving my octogenarian dad to North Wales for a weeks holiday. Itís 7.25 am and he is up, dressed and mixing his porridge now so it wonít be long before Iím summoned from my bed to join him. Heís already brought me tea in bed! Hopefully the early start will mean we can get to there in good time to pick up on the Wi-Fi and have a look on BT Sport on my phone! I will salute the Ricoh as we pass in the car and hope all this financial mess can be sorted out satisfactorily. Enjoy the day wherever you maybe and itís Northwestward ho for us soon from a sunny Bletchley.

Shugs 14 April, 2019 07:44
Morning all. Realistically I'm just hoping for a point of any sort out of this and looking for an injury free day. Defending short range line out drives is not our forte and today we meet the masters of it (relentlessly dull though it is). I hope when we get the ball in hand we keep it in hand and have a crack at them.

CurtisJHunter 14 April, 2019 08:42
Morning all!

Just hope the players go all out for it today and have a real go at Chiefs. They are a class outfit who deserve respect but we have nothing to fear now with the premiership table and hope the players go out and enjoy themselfs.

Our forwards should be able to match them and we just need to take the opportunities we get. A couple of points here really puts us right back in the competition for top 6 and maybe even for that 4th spot.

Only a 5 minute journey as I live in Exeter. Grey this morning and slightly windy out.

Safe journey all and enjoy the game.

Curtis

kentwasp1 14 April, 2019 08:54
Morning Chris and fellow waspies

Feeling good about this. Bristol has maybe inspired me. Off to sort out a friends wood and huge bonfire then listen to Kent taking the last 6 wickets at Edgbaston, then loiter until KO
Feel we can gel today - we have great players and one day they have to.
Envious Curtis you are going - never been to SP and looks a cracking rugby venue and great fans
Offering a Gaelic prayer to the Wasps travelling family today
COYW

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face;

the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,

may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Matt82 14 April, 2019 09:12
Safe travels to those going. I fear our defensive frailties will be our undoing today and Chiefs will stick 5/6 tries on us. If we can get an early start you never know. A win today and charge for top 4 is back on with those around us (Bath and Quins) still to play. However the way Daly and Le Roux are jumping out of tackles I don't hold up much hope.

ElliesBoss 14 April, 2019 09:30
Morning Wombles and fellow Waspies. I was browsing at some on-line betting site yesterday. Don't know which one as I accidentally clicked something and ended up there! If you bet on a points difference win you could go all the way up to 55 points if you bet on Exeter. However if you bet on Wasps to win you could only go up to a maximum of 30 points I think it was. Bit of an insult but let's hope our lads can do something special today. COYW

Belfast Wasp 14 April, 2019 09:31
Morning all

Safe journey's to anyone travelling. if we get Pride and Passion today oh and a point or 2 would be pretty damn good.

COYWsmileys with beer

westwaleswasp 14 April, 2019 09:33
Morning all. Not going today, although the jouney is not too bad from here. I have a bit of a dislike of Chief's style, and have no wish to see more.
At full strength in the Beale/Cips/Daly/Wade era we could just about rely on us to score four tries and get a b pt against anyone.
Our current line up has managed four tries rather less frequently, so it is hard to see one today.

algiewasp 14 April, 2019 09:55
Morning everyone, Iíve made the annual weekend trip to Devon for this one. Did the Seaton Parkrun yesterday followed by a pub crawl into Lyme Regis. Iíll be off to the match a bit later with friends( & Chiefs fans) and just hoping we can put up a decent show, never seen us win at Sandy Park and not expecting to see anything different today if Iím honest. Really just want to see the team play near to its potential, get the ball moving and keep it in our hands, any point out of today and Iíll be happy. Anyone else making the trip?

WONKYWASP1 14 April, 2019 10:45
Completely agree with all you say WWW. I shall take up my accustomed position behind the settee, along with a box of Tunnocks and a box of tissues. I'm not really looking forward to this match but hope I'll have to eat more Humble Pie afterwards! Shame about Smiler. Would have felt really secure if he'd come to Wasps but not so sanguine now. Safe journeys to you all wherever you may be. And . . . . C O Y W . . . . hot smiley

Worcswasp 14 April, 2019 11:12
Morning Wombles and all Waspies. When the game is on we will be waving our Wasp flag out of car window on the M5 heading south to our holiday home in Cornwall for 2 weeks. Im with you Kent, just fancy an upset today

Heathen 14 April, 2019 11:56
Morning all.

Some trepidation about this one. Never having won at Sandy Park, even with what could be deemed a better squad that we currently have, it would be an an achievment to come away with a LBP. Just remembering what happened at Welford Road last Friday.

Aelfrith1 14 April, 2019 12:40
Morning all Waspies from central Bucks. Exeter is a tad too far for me so I thought of going to watch cricket at Wormsley but it's too darned cold to sit in the most beautiful ground in England.

Instead I shall get my potatoes planted and then get indoors to watch to game on BT. As my wife said over breakast we shall be lucky to get even one point. Do we deserve luck? Of course we do. We are WASPS!

kentwasp1 14 April, 2019 13:47
Just to make the Worcs victory better, just watched the BT highlights. A visibly raging Diamond was interviewed afterwards and you could hear the gasp in the room when he called his players ďpathetic ď . Contrast to gracious Dai in our many defeats . Thanks for being you Dai

Matt82 14 April, 2019 14:44
Quote:
kentwasp1
Just to make the Worcs victory better, just watched the BT highlights. A visibly raging Diamond was interviewed afterwards and you could hear the gasp in the room when he called his players ďpathetic ď . Contrast to gracious Dai in our many defeats . Thanks for being you Dai

Agree Kent. For all his faults Dai is a man of honour who wouldn't publically berate players as pathetic. Interesting in TRP there's an article about him having a word with Hughes and poking him in the eye. I hope he's had a word with Daly and beaten him with a stick then.

kentwasp1 14 April, 2019 17:03
Quote:
Worcswasp
Morning Wombles and all Waspies. When the game is on we will be waving our Wasp flag out of car window on the M5 heading south to our holiday home in Cornwall for 2 weeks. Im with you Kent, just fancy an upset today

Worcs we need to post like this each game now!

wombles222 14 April, 2019 17:07
Doff my hat to you Worc and KW!! I am very glad to admit I called this one very wrong!!! Will be bouncing all night and next week now!!!! (Sm128)

WONKYWASP1 14 April, 2019 17:19
Double helping of Humble Pie already sitting in a HUGE bowl in front of me! OH JOY!!! I'm going to make extra and put it in the freezer!! Humungus THANK YOU to the team . (Sm53)

Heathen 14 April, 2019 17:28
Ditto. Fantastic performance by the squad. Probably the best of the season.

Belief and commitment by the truckload.

Bring on Sarries!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net