rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Top 4?
Happywasp (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 21:46
This morning a premiership semi final for Wasps seemed impossible, however if we can get a point from the Saracencs game, an away win at the Rec and a last day victory against Quins we could make it. When you consider our season so far a Champions Cup place would be a success but perhaps there is still hope of glory.

Re: The Top 4?
wombles222 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 22:01
Top 6 for me...top 4 would be dream land, but in less than 24 hours to now consider qualifying for the HC next year would be nirvana and great for the club! I would be so pleased for the guys and for us as a club if we get top 6!

Petros (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 22:04
7th might be enough for the HC since an ECC win for Sale or Quins would qualify them automatically

Matt82 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 22:08
Next game v Sarries is crucial. Get something from that and we've got it in our own hands with the last two opponents. Have to back up today's massive performance with another. Will be interesting to see the team Sarries put out after their semi next week.

bargepole (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 22:17
Quote:
Happywasp
... however if we can get a point from the Saracencs game ...

A point??? That would be a big disappointment.

We should be targeting 4 points minimum, and preferably 5.

Wasps supporter and ex-player since 1964

DGPWasp (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 22:21
Quote:
Petros
7th might be enough for the HC since an ECC win for Sale or Quins would qualify them automatically

They're away at La Rochelle and Clermont in their respective semis so that's quite a tall order.

Happywasp (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 22:21
Quote:
bargepole
Quote:
Happywasp

Agreed, I was thinking of the bare minimum to get us over the line.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 22:24
If ever a game was to generate confidence and momentum this was it. It was not the fact we won, but the manner in which we did it! It was brutal and physical, and the last defensive set was immense! Now we have 2 weeks to set up a game against one of the leagues favourites Sarries at our manor!...Lets fill the stadium and nomatter the result show that we Waspies are back!!!! (Sm128)

DGPWasp (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 22:29
As for top 4...
Quins away at Exeter next up and Exeter will have a point to prove after today I'm sure.
And Sale and Bath play each other so they can't both win.

We could find ourselves in a straight shoot out for the final playoff spot when we meet Quins at the Ricoh at the end of the season.

sarricen (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 22:31
Congrats, awesome win!

Itís bizarre how sport goes! Two weeks ago you were being looked at as serious relegation candidates and now youíre on the cusp of top 4! Exeter will be really nervous in the semi if you end up 4th

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2019 22:32 by sarricen.

WaspieFrank (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 22:57
Quote:
wombles222
Top 6 for me...top 4 would be dream land, but in less than 24 hours to now consider qualifying for the HC next year would be nirvana and great for the club! I would be so pleased for the guys and for us as a club if we get top 6!
At 1500hrs 5 points at Sandy was DreamLand, what a performance, after last week we are just building, the team spirt was immense today, three more games and keep improving dreams can come true (I will close too much beer tonight)

Speedy-New (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 06:41
Quote:
bargepole
Quote:
Happywasp

I think the best chance we have would be Sarries winning next weekend, however play like yestersay and we can beat anyone.

Heathen (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 08:05
If Sarries win next week, then we stand a much better chance the following week. Having said that, the mindset in the camp is light years from where it was a feww weeks ago. Belief that we can win coupled with gritty determination on the park.

Has Lol been giving shrink sessions with the lads?!!!!

greenwood (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 08:14
Top 6 and Europe next season.

Worcswasp (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 08:24
Winning breeds confidence, squad getting back to fitness (apart from YY, Jack and Robbo). Go back to WLR interview before Worcs game. You can tell he is back up for it. Hughes back to his old self and wants to go out on a high. We WILL win our last 3 games. Chiefs will beat Quinns, Sale will beat Bath and Falcons will beat Saints. So in a couple of weekends (after Europe) the picture may have changed again. Top 4 for me..COYW

Snewbs (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 08:28
To clarify, 7th place would be enough to qualify if all of this happen:
Saracens win the HC
La Rochelle and Sale finish top 6 of their leagues. (Same for Quins and Clermont, but seeing as theyíre near the top of their leagues letís assume thatíll happen.)

I think weíre better off winning all of the games left, including the semi and final and calling this the strangest season thereís ever been.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 13:22
Not sure we need a top 4. Let us be honest, a fully focused Chiefs or Sarries will be beating whoever they play. During this year we have been unlucky, following wins with tough fixtures against full strength teams with points to proove. Yesterday we played a team already qualified, and we carried our momentum from last week. An away semi for us would not yield the same result.
We only have to look at Sarries away trip to Bris to see the way games go this time of year.
I would love top 4, but would bite your hand off for 5/6 just as much.

Shugs (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 17:32
How refreshing it is to be having a top 4 or top 6 debate. Personally I think we'll win our two home games now and possibly take a point from Bath. That should be enough for top six. Not sure about top 4.

Phillywasp (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 18:46
I still donít see us beating Sarries. All to play for though. Isnít it amazing what a good win can do for your mood? Iíve been the happier than the Cheshire Cat all day today

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 20:03
Quote:
Worcswasp
Winning breeds confidence, squad getting back to fitness (apart from YY, Jack and Robbo). Go back to WLR interview before Worcs game. You can tell he is back up for it. Hughes back to his old self and wants to go out on a high. We WILL win our last 3 games. Chiefs will beat Quinns, Sale will beat Bath and Falcons will beat Saints. So in a couple of weekends (after Europe) the picture may have changed again. Top 4 for me..COYW

Worcs and I were sure of the Exeter upset, so to keep the momentum and luck joining him - top 4 for me, no one we fear
The good old days are upon us ladies and gents

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net