rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Watson
westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 13:31
Just wanted to suggest that he has been one more reason why we have looked more threatening of late.
A well earned contract it seems.

Re: Watson
Heathen (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 13:40
Agreed. Now that he is 100% fit and focused, he is one of the best around. Very quick.

horusthewasp (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 13:54
Couldnít agree more. Heís clearly growing in confidence with more consistent individual brilliance on show. The last couple of games have shown that when we play as a cohesive team, individuals are really able to show what they are capable of.

tamewasp (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 14:03
Quote:
horusthewasp
Couldnít agree more. Heís clearly growing in confidence with more consistent individual brilliance on show. The last couple of games have shown that when we play as a cohesive team, individuals are really able to show what they are capable of.

I'm very pleased for Watson, he had some very big boots to fill & he's only gone and done it, I think he'll be a big player for us next year.

CB Wasp (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 14:52
Yes I fall into the category of fans who would not have given him a game a few weeks ago, but let's credit Dai for seeing his potential and sticking with him. Am now actively looking forward to seeing what Marcus can do in the next 3 games.

Worcswasp (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 15:23
Completely agree. He has hit the gym, playing with smile on his face and exciting with ball in hand. Please stay fit.

Jack9909 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 17:08
I wonder if Gaby's top notch performance yesterday has done him enough to earn a new contract?

Snewbs (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 17:12
When Watson came to the Ricoh the season he signed for us wearing a Falcons shirt, he was electric. We hadnít seen it on black and gold before the recent purple patch. Always had potential, currently looks fantastic

Shugs (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 17:25
Yes, Watson's really turned it round. I think he drew huge confidence from his try at Leicester. Gives DY an interesting dilemma. Does he need to strengthen the wings now having Bassett and Watson with Minozzi and Sirker as other possibles?

RossM (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 17:41
5 tries, 5 games. What's not to like?

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 17:43
I read somewhere that he had been very unwell but canít member the details. Lesson for all us keyboard warriors not to criticise before we know the full reasons why someone is not performing. Guilty as charged myself.

neils (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 17:55
Quote:
Shugs
Yes, Watson's really turned it round. I think he drew huge confidence from his try at Leicester. Gives DY an interesting dilemma. Does he need to strengthen the wings now having Bassett and Watson with Minozzi and Sirker as other possibles?

I suspect a decision to replace Wade was taken a while ago with somebody signed. Watson until recently hasn't shown too much so a decision would have been taken.

Raggs (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 17:57
Tendonitis in his Achilles. Still suffering a little but mostlyrecovered now if i recall correctly.

MarleyWasp (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 19:37
I've had tendonitis in my Achilles. It's been so painful that I even told my GP if amputation was an option I'd seriously consider it.

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 19:59
He's a star , Apart from his attack at SP he made some beasting hits. Pretty boy come good like Basset .

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 01:43
Potentially better than Basset, who has been honest, hard working, great finsiher and a strong carrier but lacks Watsons' ability to score from tight spaces and electric pace.

IF Watson can continue or can contribute if selected sporadically, well that is another matter. I hope he can continue.

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2019 18:14
Quote:
Raggs
Tendonitis in his Achilles. Still suffering a little but mostlyrecovered now if i recall correctly.

Where have you been? Ricoh and Chilham too. On a world tour?

Raggs (IP Logged)
17 April, 2019 18:21
Quote:
kentwasp1
Quote:
Raggs

Where have you been? Ricoh and Chilham too. On a world tour?

Mostly on the other forum smiling smiley. Browse this one here and there.

Matt82 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2019 18:30
Bassett is a conundrum at the moment. Defences seem to have worked him out. He lacks that step of a Watson/Wade to then get away from defenders. He's not a massive unit either where he can run over a defender like a Cokanasiga. I think Josh has probably been one who has suffered due to the lack of guys who can create gaps for him to exploit.

AKWasp (IP Logged)
17 April, 2019 18:37
Quote:
Matt82
Bassett is a conundrum at the moment. Defences seem to have worked him out. He lacks that step of a Watson/Wade to then get away from defenders. He's not a massive unit either where he can run over a defender like a Cokanasiga. I think Josh has probably been one who has suffered due to the lack of guys who can create gaps for him to exploit.

Heís still got that raw pace and dynamism that gets him away from people. He got put away on an outside arc last game and got a lot of ground.

I agree that without the space we donít get to see it as much, but he is always happy to run in hard and tie up defenders. Very rarely see him get isolated and turned over

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net