Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Cup Final
Discussion started by backdoc , 11 May, 2019 17:47
Cup Final
backdoc 11 May, 2019 17:47
Faster distribution, better running lines, more mobile back-row. Leinster ahead currently.
I think Sarries are missing Wrigglesworth a wee bit [surprised to say] in terms of decision making.

Re: Cup Final
John Tee 11 May, 2019 17:56
Better game than I expected.

Quite watchable.

backdoc 11 May, 2019 17:59
Impressive fightback from Sarries. Tremendous grit in this team.

backdoc 11 May, 2019 18:27
Try not given for Sarries - ball against the post? Penalty against Leinster.Bin for Fardy

Bracken&Macken 11 May, 2019 18:34
If you watch this and then watch the final in 04 against Toulouse it's not exactly a mystery as to why rugby is struggling to gain new supporters.

It's better than expected but still pretty dire.

backdoc 11 May, 2019 18:38
Billy has done it. That is likely to be it.

I think the intensity makes up for the lack of open play.

Bracken&Macken 11 May, 2019 18:44
Quote:
backdoc
Billy has done it. That is likely to be it.
I think the intensity makes up for the lack of open play.

The intensity is impressive but, rightly or wrongly, i doubt the casual fan taking a fleeting look at the premier club event in European rugby would agree with you.

backdoc 11 May, 2019 18:56
Rugby is not a casual observer game. That game is football.

WaspieMatt 11 May, 2019 18:58
Congrats to Sarries. Thoroughly deserved and showing incredible defensive intensity at the end. We could learn a thing or two from that.

DrHankPym(superhero) 11 May, 2019 18:59
Well done Sarries, their defence was immense today.

Does that mean 7th place in Prem will mean Champions Cup rugby next season?

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

ElliesBoss 11 May, 2019 19:02
I thought it was entertaining. Fairly basic push and shove with speculative passes but we enjoyed it.

fats 11 May, 2019 19:07
Leinster scrum half lost them the game with his insane kick at the end of the first half. Didnít need to keep ball in play and handed initiative over to the EE who capitalised.

DrHankPym(superhero) 11 May, 2019 19:16
Wow impressive stat just now on C4. Apparently Sarries haven't conceded any points in Champions Cup when they've been down to 14 men.

I think all clubs would aspire to that sort of defensive resilience.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

Snewbs 11 May, 2019 19:20
Quote:
DrHankPym(superhero)
Well done Sarries, their defence was immense today.
Does that mean 7th place in Prem will mean Champions Cup rugby next season?

As discussed in another thread, 7th place will go to an English team if both Sale and La Rochelle finish in the top 6 of their leagues. If one of them does not, then they qualify above the 7th place English club.

Well done Saracens. Good to see English players winning big games. Hopefully those players kick on into the RWC.

Bedlam 11 May, 2019 19:49
Snewbs , I am sure you are right, but why do Sale and La Rochelle have priority?

Barnetsarrie12 11 May, 2019 19:56
Quote:
Bedlam
Snewbs , I am sure you are right, but why do Sale and La Rochelle have priority?

They got to the semi final of the challenge cup and they take priority in the qualification list.

backdoc 11 May, 2019 20:18
Barnetsarrie, are you one of the supporters who didn't go to Newcastle? The media seem to have made an issue about the support.

I confess that I didn't go to one of the Wasps Twickenham finals [premiership not Heine]. When you are that good the next one will always come along, or so it feels.

Glad I went to the last Wasps finals!

Snewbs 11 May, 2019 20:28
Quote:
Barnetsarrie12
Quote:
Bedlam

They got to the semi final of the challenge cup and they take priority in the qualification list.

Correct. Quins and Clermont do too, but as both have already qualified it was easier just to say those two.

If I remember correctly, although itís been a few weeks since I looked, the qualification goes something like this:

(If not already qualified through domestic spot)
Winners of the HC
Winners of the CC
Highest domestically placed HC semi finalists
Highest domestically placed CC semi finalists.
Highest place club from the HC winning nation not already qualified (7th place in the prem now that Sarries have won).

So, for an English club to go through in 7th both Sale and LR would need to finish in the automatic qualification spots in the Prem and Top14.

In other words, Sale are pretty much qualified regardless of where they finish (it depends on where LR finish too). I wonder if that will change their approach to their last match?

PhilH 11 May, 2019 21:42
I was there and had a great time in Newcastle as always- great place to visit. Challenge Cup final was exciting but shame it wasnít more of a contest! Went to the game today fully intending to support Leinster as I have problems with whatever is going on with Sarries and the salary cap. That was until the I came across most disgusting/foul mouthed low life ďfansĒ who purportedly supported Leinster I have ever had the misfortune to come across in life and not just a rugby match. Only Saracens going ahead shut them up and they left early - disgraceful individuals.

Well done Sarries, you were awesome and fully deserved the win.

westwaleswasp 11 May, 2019 21:47
Still not supporting Leinster, not now, not ever.
Yep, happy to support Sarries, estate agents or otherwise.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net