Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Travel Advice
Discussion started by Cookie , 13 May, 2019 15:24
Travel Advice
Cookie 13 May, 2019 15:24
Afternoon all

Quins fan in peace.

Any travel tips for Saturday? Currently looking at coming in via Nuneaton from Euston. Option back means the 1828 from Coventry Arena to Coventry, but I understand it can be rather chaotic trying to get on a train?

Any advice very much welcomed.

Re: Travel Advice
Heathen 13 May, 2019 15:46
Going to Nuneaton is nowhere near as bad as trying to get to Coventry post match by train. Should not be a problem.

bg 13 May, 2019 15:59
Quote:
Cookie
Afternoon all
Quins fan in peace.

Any travel tips for Saturday? Currently looking at coming in via Nuneaton from Euston. Option back means the 1828 from Coventry Arena to Coventry, but I understand it can be rather chaotic trying to get on a train?

Any advice very much welcomed.

If you're leaving Euston then you'll be arriving at Coventry Station (south of the Ricoh where as Nuneaton is north of the Ricoh). If so, get off at Coventry station and get the £2 shuttle bus that Wasps run to the Ricoh. Otherwise I believe you'd have to change trains at Coventry to get to Nuneaton (as its a different line) and those trains don't run very often.

BTW Heathen, Trev is doing the motorbike ride to the Ricoh so I'm driving if you need a lift from Leam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/05/2019 16:00 by bg.

Cookie 13 May, 2019 16:06
Thanks for the quick feedback, guys. Arriving isn't an issue, really. I'm happy with that bit. It's whether we'd be able to get on the 1828 to Coventry to get the connection home. Or is it easy enough to get a cab? The train home from Coventry is 1851.

bg 13 May, 2019 16:17
Quote:
Cookie
Thanks for the quick feedback, guys. Arriving isn't an issue, really. I'm happy with that bit. It's whether we'd be able to get on the 1828 to Coventry to get the connection home. Or is it easy enough to get a cab? The train home from Coventry is 1851.

Is the 1828 from Nuneaton or the Ricoh itself. The trains don't normally stop at the Ricoh station on match days.

A taxi from the Ricoh to Cov station (or vice versa) is about £15 and 20 mins depending on traffic, but Wasps lay on 2 or 3 coaches doing the same trip for £2 each on a constant shuttle service for about 2 hrs before and after the game.

As long as you leave straight after the game you should be able to get your 1851 connection with time to spare

Cookie 13 May, 2019 16:59
Quote:
bg
Quote:
Cookie

Is the 1828 from Nuneaton or the Ricoh itself. The trains don't normally stop at the Ricoh station on match days.

A taxi from the Ricoh to Cov station (or vice versa) is about £15 and 20 mins depending on traffic, but Wasps lay on 2 or 3 coaches doing the same trip for £2 each on a constant shuttle service for about 2 hrs before and after the game.

As long as you leave straight after the game you should be able to get your 1851 connection with time to spare

1828 Coventry Arena to Coventry. Trainline.com suggesting it will be running?

Peter Brown 13 May, 2019 17:20
Trains do run on matchdays. Itís the Nuneaton to Coventry shuttle (trundler).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net