Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Vodafone new sponsor
Discussion started by BdeB , 14 May, 2019 08:05
Vodafone new sponsor
BdeB 14 May, 2019 08:05
We will have a new logo on the front of our shirts for next season.

Re: Vodafone new sponsor
Heathen 14 May, 2019 08:09
Thought that was happening when they started to firesale the stock.

washy 14 May, 2019 08:13
but stadium still called the Ricoh, surprised vodafone didn't go for that instead?

neils 14 May, 2019 08:22
Interested in the whole site footfall plus association with a winning team - Wasps Netball.

FishingWasp 14 May, 2019 08:30
Quote:
washy
but stadium still called the Ricoh, surprised vodafone didn't go for that instead?
Maybe awaiting finalisation of SISU halting proceedings and CCFC's existence and playing arrangements for next season? Could be a long wait for SISU to accept conclusion!

wombles222 14 May, 2019 08:58
A good sponsor to have on board. Like any business they will be looking for maximum exposure of their brand, and if we put it across the rugby and netball teams, plus the stadium it would be quite a financial boon! I have always stated that my preference is for the football club to remain at our stadium as it is right and proper for them and their fans, plus this is the opportunity to get a SISU to desist with litigation, whilst we negotiate a good financial deal. Their ongoing presence will also give more exposure (albeit very limited in regards to tv time compared to ourselves and Wasps netball) for Vodafone, thus would make the whole deal more attractive.

Good news all round, especially for the club!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2019 10:41 by wombles222.

ElliesBoss 14 May, 2019 09:13
Apparently Vodafone want to develop the Ricoh into s 5g entertainment venue. Exciting times ahead?

westwaleswasp 14 May, 2019 10:51
Brilliant news.

Petergwilson 14 May, 2019 11:02
Yes but will my O2 phone be able to connect. (Sm100)

Aylesbury Wasp 14 May, 2019 11:21
Quote:
FishingWasp
Quote:
washy
Maybe awaiting finalisation of SISU halting proceedings and CCFC's existence and playing arrangements for next season? Could be a long wait for SISU to accept conclusion!

A two year sponsorship doesnít immediately suggest a long term deal for stadium naming rights but hereís hoping.

wombles222 14 May, 2019 11:33
Possibly the start of a longer term arrangement? I wonder if this will also strengthen the chances of further sponsorship from other parties? Can Anyone with knowledge in this field provide an answer to this?

ElliesBoss 14 May, 2019 11:53
Being silly now but how about instant holographic replays for the ref. Do away with the TMO&#128513;. OK ten years down the line perhaps.

AKWasp 14 May, 2019 12:27
Quote:
Aylesbury Wasp
Quote:
FishingWasp
Quote:
washy

A two year sponsorship doesnít immediately suggest a long term deal for stadium naming rights but hereís hoping.

2 Years until CCFC have confirmed location and look stable and then a bumper long term deal including shirt sponsor and stadium naming rights similar to Emirates and Arsenal?

wombles222 14 May, 2019 12:43
I do not think CCFC are the reason it is not longer AK, I believe it would certainly help as it is more exposure for Vodafone, but given TV exposure would be very limited with The football club I cannot see it being a be and end all situation, more an added benefit if we tie the football club into a long term deal, which of course would be added revenue into the clubs coffers.

Wasps222 14 May, 2019 12:53
Quote:
wombles222
I do not think CCFC are the reason it is not longer AK, I believe it would certainly help as it is more exposure for Vodafone, but given TV exposure would be very limited with The football club I cannot see it being a be and end all situation, more an added benefit if we tie the football club into a long term deal, which of course would be added revenue into the clubs coffers.

Vodafone are actually spending less on sponsorship if you look at their history. Man Utd then mclaren etc. When they talk about 5g entertainment I think what you will find is that will put 5g in the stadium so their customers can use it. This is what they have done in the past for festivals and formula 1. I used to be a project manager for a 3rd party supplier and we used to set up 4g for events etc. Still itís good news for us thou.

Skippy 14 May, 2019 12:59
The 5G logic makes a lot of sense given the Coventry is in phase 1 of the 5G roll-out programme.

There's something ironic about announcing a deal like this on the same day you announce that a profit of over £3bn last year has turned into a loss greater than £7bn this year (way more than JLR have lost), and that you're cutting the dividend for the first time ever (down around two-fifths on last year). I can just imagine the investor conference, "sorry about the 5h1t result, now who's on for a p155up at the rugger next year."

Wasps222 14 May, 2019 16:31
Quote:
wombles222

Umm if ccfc got in to the championship that a completely different ball game. Itís the sixth most watched league in the world. It would be interesting to see what the viewing figures are now. I remember some one said that we are about the same but ccfc being in the 3rd tier of football and us being in the top tier.

Marlow Nick 14 May, 2019 17:04
Just as long as 5G refers to their mobile phone network not installing a plastic pitch !

Skippy 14 May, 2019 17:33
So I take it that you're hoping that there's no 5G coverage on the pitch

ukms 15 May, 2019 15:37
Fantastic news that Vodafone have the confidence to be associated with Wasps and the facilities at the Ricoh. smiling smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net