Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Sisu not giving up legals
Discussion started by washy , 14 May, 2019 17:14
Sisu not giving up legals
washy 14 May, 2019 17:14
according to todays fb posts it looks like they are going to continue with Euro court, good luck to them on that front.

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2019 17:16 by washy.

Re: Sisu not giving up legals
Petergwilson 14 May, 2019 17:37
Looks like it is Bye Bye CCFC then.

neils 14 May, 2019 17:56
If true start stripping all references to them.

covkid53 14 May, 2019 18:08
Quote:
Petergwilson
Looks like it is Bye Bye CCFC then.

They cannot appeal to the EU court, it is not an appellant court system.

SiSu would need a completely new case or it will be thrown out.

In any case, bye CCFC. Probably be out of the EFL too.

washy 14 May, 2019 18:19
Only Gilbert throwing this around at the minute, no confirmation from any official sources so could just be another fake news "everybody look at me for 2 minutes" type trick? lets wait and see how this pans out.

MarleyWasp 14 May, 2019 18:19
According to this page on the European Commission website they can register a complaint if they believe that the UK Courts haven't adhered to EU law. It'll take up to 12 months for a decision on whether they have a case to be made, possibly longer if the complaint is considered complicated. The EC can take action against the British government if they find in favour of Sisu. If they don't, Sisu can go to the European Ombudsman.

PhilH 14 May, 2019 18:22
Quote:
MarleyWasp
According to this page on the European Commission website they can register a complaint if they believe that the UK Courts haven't adhered to EU law. It'll take up to 12 months for a decision on whether they have a case to be made, possibly longer if the complaint is considered complicated. The EC can take action against the British government if they find in favour of Sisu. If they don't, Sisu can go to the European Ombudsman.

Does that require us to be part of the EU or at least part when the process starts?

MarleyWasp 14 May, 2019 18:36
I would guess it's when the decision in question was made that's the key. As we were still in the EU at the time of that decision being made then I see no reason why they can't go down this route even if we end up leaving in a month's time.

bg 14 May, 2019 19:27
Quote:
MarleyWasp
if we end up leaving in a month's time.

Who is "we"? Are you speaking for all of us?

MarleyWasp 14 May, 2019 20:13
We, the country. Regardless of personal views.

CovKid40 15 May, 2019 08:24
Would any EU commission ruling be enforceable if it comes after the UK leaves the EU (if we do that is) if CCC and Wasps just decided not to accept the ruling how would a legal body enforce it if it has no jurisdiction in that country? Am i just being stupid or naive or even both

WONKYWASP1 15 May, 2019 08:26
What on earth is going to happen to poor CCFC??

RossM 15 May, 2019 08:30
Quote:
WONKYWASP1
What on earth is going to happen to poor CCFC??

Well, they appear to be far up the proverbial creek and Sisu have taken all their paddles away.
I think May 29th is the final date that they have to tell the EFL what is happening next season. Season tickets selling like hot cakes.

bg 15 May, 2019 08:37
I'm pretty sure the the EU commission only rules on "state" issues.. i.e. govt handouts to multinationals which effects fair competition of trade within the EU.

Even so... when it appears that something blatant has occured they have very little power to do anything. Who doesn't believe that the German and French govts don't "help" out their major industries

I recall either a German or French shipbuilder tried to raise an issue with how the UK govt procurred the construction of the new aircraft carriers.

Nothing ever came of that so I can't see the EU commission wanting to get involved in a sale of a stadium between a small local govt authority and a rugby club.

If SISU are going down this route then you'd have to question Joy Seppala's sanity

Trev's Big Tackle 15 May, 2019 09:44
Sisu claiming it isn't "Legal Action" so shouldn't stop the lease at the Ricoh. Hopefully Wasps haven't signed that yet and can just change the definition of Legal Action to include the euro commission (if it's needed) or just pull out of negotiations altogether.

[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

1978Wasp 15 May, 2019 09:47
My understanding is that it is not possible for litigants themselves to appeal against the decisions of national courts to the ECJ, but rather national courts refer questions of EU law to the ECJ.

I would love to see the cost/benefit analysis that SISU have done to justify the expense of the continued litigation. Seppala's win loss record is as good as T May's.

The only real loser though is CCFC and supporters.

Wasps222 15 May, 2019 10:01
Looking at the article it was raised in Feb. Is this the paper just Recycling old need Iím hoping to get a bite. From I understood that wasps and sisu have signed an nda if talks had Brookes down we should have heard about it. No news from either party is encouraging that a deal is still being worked on. I know that there are a few things to work on. I have heard that wasps want a long term deal and sisu doesnít. They have been rumours about the maintenance of the pitch and revenue streams and agreements on who plays on Saturday etc. Also what happens if ccfc get promoted or Relegated

bg 15 May, 2019 10:11
Quote:
Wasps222
Looking at the article it was raised in Feb. Is this the paper just Recycling old need Iím hoping to get a bite. From I understood that wasps and sisu have signed an nda if talks had Brookes down we should have heard about it. No news from either party is encouraging that a deal is still being worked on. I know that there are a few things to work on. I have heard that wasps want a long term deal and sisu doesnít. They have been rumours about the maintenance of the pitch and revenue streams and agreements on who plays on Saturday etc. Also what happens if ccfc get promoted or Relegated

Were Wasps aware of this taking place in Feb? If this process started in Feb, SISU must have assumed they weren't going to get anywhere in UK courts

neils 15 May, 2019 11:53
Now being reported on main BBC Sports site.

HoboAl 15 May, 2019 14:27
Quote:
bg

If SISU are going down this route then you'd have to question Joy Seppala's sanity

We have, on many, many occassions.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net