rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
CCFC to play at St Andrews next season
Heathen (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 12:20
Stadium to ourselves by the look of it.

[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

Re: CCFC to play at St Andrews next season
Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 12:53
Cheerio and good luck.

I hope Birmingham know what they're letting themselves in for!

Matt82 (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 13:05
Great...can't wait for the black and gold seats

neils (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 13:10
Quote:
Matt82

No chance of that. However a few extra blue ones to remove the footy references.

07 June, 2019 13:13
Where would they like their statue posted?! (Sm161)

RogerE (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 13:15
Quote:
Matt82

The seats are generally in an ok condition.

It'll be cheaper for Wasps to leave the majority light blue, and just swap those that make up the CCFC slogans.

There are other things that need improving before wondering about the aesthetics of the seat colours

Roger

WaspieKev (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 13:16
Come on guys, we suffered a similar fate when at Adams Park. What a sad day for CCFC and it's supporters and I just hope they aren't blaming Wasps for all of this. Unfortunately the press report makes no reference to the fact that if their awful owners SISU had ceased their ridiculous legal action this wouldn't have happened. I wish CCFC all the best and hope that they are able to return to the Ricoh in the near future.

RogerE (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 13:17
Quote:
Trev's Big Tackle

I hope we take care of that, the wall and the remembrance garden so as to make them welcome back when they get a new, decent, owner.

Roger

07 June, 2019 13:22
Quote:
RogerE
Quote:
Trev's Big Tackle

I hope we take care of that, the wall and the remembrance garden so as to make them welcome back when they get a new, decent, owner.

I agree 110%. I was just being mischievous!

bigfecker (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 13:25
Good riddance to SISU, really sad for the CCFC supporters, I do hope they vote with their feet and don't go to BCFC ground.

Aylesbury Wasp (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 14:03
Quote:
WaspieKev
Come on guys, we suffered a similar fate when at Adams Park. What a sad day for CCFC and it's supporters and I just hope they aren't blaming Wasps for all of this. Unfortunately the press report makes no reference to the fact that if their awful owners SISU had ceased their ridiculous legal action this wouldn't have happened. I wish CCFC all the best and hope that they are able to return to the Ricoh in the near future.

+1

Petros (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 14:17
Lots of bile directed at Wasps on the SkyBlue Forum

Al from Cov (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 14:24
Quote:
Petros

There always is, usually led by the admin who stirs it up, talks in a very similar way to Lesser Read from the Observer.
I feel for the real city fans, they don't deserve this and just want to support their club. Sadly SISU only want to do business in a negative way, I hope it is all sorted soon and the footy club can return with new owners who conduct themselves in a proper way!

Heathen (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 14:46

07 June, 2019 14:48
Quote:
Petros

https://i.imgur.com/j92tZrJ.jpg

Hangover (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 14:54
Less cash into our coffers is my main worry !

neils (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 15:06
Not much though according to NE last year.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 15:06
I feel for the fans of CCFC, no one wants to see their club go to the wall. It is sad that we could not keep them as tennants on a mutually beneficial agreement. I know problems abounded for CCFC prior to SISU. However it is hard to look past their actions as the main driver for the current situation. It is a simple matter of cause and effect. SISU knew long before they went to the EC our pre-requisite of no legal action (and that obviously would of included legal action through the EC route as well). They consciously walked the club into that. It is clear from that action alone SISU want money and have no qualms if CCFC exist or not.

I hope the door always remains open for a return as tennants of the Ricoh to the city they belong, or they get a stadium built. whichever secures their long term future. A sad day!

washy (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 15:16
Bad news for both clubs but totally understandable. Nobody past, present or future will enjoy dealing with sisu so no choice but to stand firm.
I feel for real city fans, with no on field football taking place right now this will really hit home hard at this time. Will be interesting to see if Robbins hangs around now as he surely wanted to keep the momentum going next season in their true home, really cant see there being much enthusiasm regarding going to st Andrews every fortnight. Cant see a pitch standing up to sharing 2 football clubs usage too?
Hopefully sisu disappear and ccfc come back soon

neils (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 15:28
I also wonder if pressure was put on Birmingham to allow an agreement. Surely nobody would willingly deal with SISU.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net