Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Vodafone
Discussion started by wombles222 , 04 August, 2019 21:21
Vodafone
wombles222 04 August, 2019 21:21
As i am sure many others may well do, I have an interest in Cov (always have as i was a goalkeeper and Ogrizovich was one of my favourite keepers along with Shilton, Lukic, Seaman and Grobbelaar who was my all time favourite!). I have recently noted with interest that there are some on their board that believe that our main shirt sponsor Vodafone were also interested in being the next named sponsor of our rugby stadium after Ricoh, however it fell through due to CCFC not being there. Now to a certain point i can understand as having exposure of the brand would be more with a league football team in residence. However equally I am not sure that CCFC being present is the dealbreaker some over there believe it to be. It is no slight, but Cov get far less exposure than we do at present as many of our games will be on BT sport and equally on the weekly highlight packages on ITV and other media, so IF vodafone are truely interested I think that Cov being present would be a bonus rather than a dealbreaker, and certainly would not make the difference between it being the Vodafone Arena or ongoing Ricoh arena. Thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 21:22 by wombles222.

Re: Vodafone
Shugs 05 August, 2019 20:08
Interesting. I must admit I'd forgotten about the stadium sponsor issue. It would be welcome revenue. On a lighter note, presumably if Vodafone get it Wasps will change the cash on the day turnstiles to "pay as you go" and we'll invest in a 3G pitch.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net