Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Pre season
Discussion started by CovBen89 , 07 August, 2019 19:40
Pre season
CovBen89 07 August, 2019 19:40
Has anyone heard anything about pre season games

Re: Pre season
neils 07 August, 2019 20:08
No preseason games. Premiership 7s followed by four rounds of Premiership Cup before league starts.

Matt82 07 August, 2019 21:19
Am I right in thinking the Prem Cup games aren't included in season tickets this year?

ricohchezwasp 07 August, 2019 21:30
No you would be wrong

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

neils 07 August, 2019 21:43
Yep wrong. You maybe got confused because Wasps have been pushing a combined ticket for these matches.

Matt82 08 August, 2019 07:43
Excellent! I cannot wait until this season begins.

wombles222 08 August, 2019 10:50
REALLY looking forward to this season, feels like a new start where we can draw a line under last year, where what can go wrong did go wrong from the moment we started our preseason games. I think now Sopoanga and Shields have game time under their belts, and are more familiar with NH rugby they will start making strides forwards, where as last year it was deep end without waterwings stuff for them. Add in new coaches, a different perspective, academy graduates starting to become more regular once more and we can start moving forwards!
As an aside, I am absolutely looking forward to this weekend and some NH rugby once more! makes work so much more bearable when the upcoming weekend has the sport we love in it!

Petergwilson 08 August, 2019 13:59
Looking forward to the rugby which I will record because but the Great British Beer Festival is on.

I drink therefore I am.

Heathen 10 August, 2019 08:49
Personally, the absence of pre season games where you can have a squad of 30 players for the match and have rolling subs, is a negative. These type of matches prepare players better for the competitive games that follow. DoRs can ensure that players have as much or as little game time as they need.

With the Prem Cup, you can only have a squad of 23 and at least 7 players will have to go the full 80 minutes. It it more difficult to ease the full squad into match situations. Also the A team games don't start until much later, so potentially some squad members may not get a run out until November.

Dai has said that he want to go into all competitions with the intention of winning, which means that the strongest 23 are likely to feature on a very regular basis.

Shugs 10 August, 2019 09:19
Looking forward to any sort of action making a welcome return. I think we're in much better shape than last year. It could be argued that the talent available is less but I think this will be more than compensated for in terms of attitude.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net