rugbyunion
Latest News:

Huff hearing
MadMonk (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 09:10
Anyone know when it will be? thought I overheard Wednesday muttered in hotel bar yesterday.

Re: Huff hearing
paulm1953 (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 09:14
Based on yesterday's performance he is a reformed character and I hope the judge lets him off with a sound ticking off.

Come on you Irish

Paul

Portcullis Irish (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 09:19
Fingers crossed you're a decent tipster Paul - showed exactly what we need have been missing!

MarkS (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 16:05
For anyone who wants rid of Chris, have a look at the difference between yesterday and the matches when he was absent. We went forward at pace for a change! In fact look at the scrum at the end when he was not on the pitch for an instant difference. What a player, I really hope he stays with us cos without him we are just not as good.

Also a mention for Losi, it takes at least 2 and usually 3 players to stop him after he has made 20 yards. Whenever someone tells me so and so is a great winger, I think of Losi and none of them come up to his standard. Truly world class and a tonic for us all to have on the pitch (including the other players).

I left with a smile yesterday even though gutted by the result.

CoAntrimExile (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 16:21
What MarkS said! (Sm152)

Heaf (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 19:01
ditto

Jamo (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 19:22
Quote:
MarkS
For anyone who wants rid of Chris, have a look at the difference between yesterday and the matches when he was absent. We went forward at pace for a change! In fact look at the scrum at the end when he was not on the pitch for an instant difference. What a player, I really hope he stays with us cos without him we are just not as good.
Also a mention for Losi, it takes at least 2 and usually 3 players to stop him after he has made 20 yards. Whenever someone tells me so and so is a great winger, I think of Losi and none of them come up to his standard. Truly world class and a tonic for us all to have on the pitch (including the other players).

I left with a smile yesterday even though gutted by the result.

Agree with that.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 19:39
Totally agree Mark - probably our most important player. I really hope he is not off at the end of the season as we will struggle to replace him. Foolish if Toby lets him go.

MarkS (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 19:39
We agree Jamo, there is hope for us yet!

SamB_LI (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 19:45
Arguably the best ball carrier we've had in recent years. Great hands too. First game I saw him play for us was at Twickenham, he picked a ball up off his toes and crashed through 2 Wasps defenders and over for a try.

timmeh! (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 23:56
If the ERC decide to run a hearing now he's fit, after he was suspended by the club, I would expect the Club to have a legal team capable of fighting that off!

Actually, the numpty with no legal training that solicitors send to deal with bodies in the cells overnight should be able to cope!

Fetch it on ERC...

timmeh!

Too fat to live, too lazy to die!

we love Digger (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 17:32
Presumably they are waiting for him to be fit before the hearing so he can't have a ban which would make no difference, say because you are injured, or because you play for Tiggers and serve most of your ban for punching Chris Ashton (fair enough some mitigation there according to some.....) after the premiership season comes to an end. Oh, hang on....

Griff (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 16:18
Hearing tomorrow according the Reading Post (see Adam Thompstone thread).

Jamo (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 16:21
Quote:
MarkS
We agree Jamo, there is hope for us yet!

(Sm60)

Heaf (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 20:32
Is there any precedent for delaying hearings when players are injured or otherwise?

MarkS (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 08:44
Good luck today Chris and whatever happens come back to us, LI need you a lot more than Montpellier(or anyone else)

Sam_R43 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 11:08
Pretty sure there isn't any precedent for citings being lengthened because of injury. However, Tuilagi punching Ashton at the end of last season does shed some light on the judges powers.

Quote:
Tuilagi hearing
Since the end of the season is near we sought evidence about the Player’s plans for playing during the next 5 weeks. We were informed that he is due to play for the England U20 7’s team over the next weekend, the Aviva Premiership final on 28 May (or England v Barbarians on 29 May if not selected for Leicester) and for England Saxons in the Churchill Cup on 4, 11 and 18 June. We are therefore satisfied that the suspension may be served without any break as he will miss five meaningful matches. For so young a player this is significant, particularly as this would have provided him with the opportunity to stake a claim for the England RWC11 squad – an opportunity which he might now miss.

So while he didn't get his sentence suspended, it would appear that the judge can suspend a sentence if he doesn't feel it would have significant impact. However, unless the RFU had a indepedent doctor checking when Chris was fit every week or so how would they know if he was fit or not. The club internally suspended him for 6 weeks(?) while he was injured (so we assume), so hopefully that will be taken into account and he'll be free to play, assuming the club have a decent legal team. So he'll probably get a hefty ban! (Sm159)

exilejoe1 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 11:45
How many weeks left in the season? 8?

hmmm

I reckon they'll give him a 14 week ban and take account of the 6 the club gave him...

means he'll be available for selection in the playoffs though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net