rugbyunion
Latest News:

Tigers Team for Sunday
lisburn old boy (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:16
Leicester Tigers welcome back six of their senior internationals for Sunday's Aviva Premiership Round 18 trip to face London Irish.England quartet Dan Cole, Geoff Parling, Manu Tuilagi and Ben Youngs are named in Leicester's starting line-up, with Tom Croft and Martin Castrogiovanni among the replacements on their return from Six Nations duty.
Toby Flood, used as a replacement in the LV= Cup Final win over Northampton Saints last Sunday, takes over at fly-half, and there is a return to the squad for centre Anthony Allen after recovering from a knee injury.

Tigers director of rugby Richard Cockerill said: "We had a good win in the Cup last weekend but now our focus is purely on the Aviva Premiership and the push for a place in the top four.

"The whole squad has been boosted by the run in the Cup and we have been in decent form, but the Premiership table is so tight that we cannot afford to lose any of that momentum."

Leicester Tigers (v London Irish, Madejski Stadium, Sunday 3pm)
15 Geordan Murphy (c)
14 Horacio Agulla
13 Manu Tuilagi
12 Billy Twelvetrees
11 Alesana Tuilagi
10 Toby Flood
9 Ben Youngs
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 George Chuter
3 Dan Cole
4 George Skivington
5 Geoff Parling
6 Steve Mafi
7 Julian Salvi
8 Thomas Waldrom

Replacements
16 Tom Youngs
17 Martin Castrogiovanni
18 Logovi'i Mulipola
19 Tom Croft
20 Craig Newby
21 James Grindal
22 Anthony Allen
23 Scott Hamilton

Re: Tigers Team for Sunday
stnick88 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:22
Strong.

ShropshireHugh (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:40
How come they're never 'in transition'!

SirBurger (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:43
Going to get a pasting...(Sm135)

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:43
They are, this is the transition game for them between there side that plays in the intnational period and the one that plays afterwards.

Hants_Claret (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:51
Oh my! Take cover!

Mind you last time I predicted a thumping, we registered a sound win!

SidneyLI (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:54
Lets just hope thier EPS players take a while to bed back in otherwise we are in for a long afternoon

Do you think they will lend us George Ford if they arent using him?!?

Jamo (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:00
Oh dear, bring your tin hats!!!!!

jonny concrete (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:01
Bloody hell boys.......... we got a fantastic draw up in Welford Rd, We are gonna win at the Mad Stad !!!! It's a Paddy's Day game, big crowd............COYI

adammg (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:30
That's a STRONG team! Am really pumped for this match! #COYI

Jolly Green Giant (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:33
Hell Fire ... How ... I mean how the hell do they ever get under the wage cap ...

This ain't gunna be pretty

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:34
I'm with Johnny concrete on this, we can beat this pesky Tiggers.

Come On You Iiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

23 March, 2012 14:11
and Toby's going to get his Summer rugby conditions !(shorts and shades) Tigers wont know what to do when they can't Mud Surf from 5m out ! :-)

SamB_LI (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:18
Skivington to give away a last minute penalty for 'hands in the ruck' converted by AJ, a last minute replacement on the bench for Dodge. Jarvis to then be offered a lucrative 5 year deal as the franchise fly half...too much? Results to fall our way and we make the play offs, defeating Sarries and then thumping Quins at HQ in a 10 try whitewash...still too much?

I'd settle for a hard earned win!

23 March, 2012 14:26
and could we get Shings to paint his face blue and shout "Freedom" everytime he runs at Tuilagi.......too much?

Heath (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 16:59
oh hell.....anyone for a Fanfare encore?
(Sm159)

waltham (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:14
Quote:
jonny concrete
and could we get Shings to paint his face blue and shout "Freedom" everytime he runs at Tuilagi.......too much?

(Sm152) (Sm160) (Sm22)

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:28
But Tuilagi won't have the slightest idea what going on!

PV (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:36
Thats a very impressive 13 forwards

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:39
I saw a relpay of the Tiggs/Sinners LV game. That Logo guy's one hell of a big ball carrier. Not great in the scrum but awesome in the loose.

Jamo (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:42
Quote:
PV
Thats a very impressive 13 forwards

Agree, and remember how good they are at just keeping possession when they're in front!

Johnswlondon (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 19:16
We will get a pasting up front as normal but if it's a warm sunny day lets play some rugby and at least go down fighting

Stopsy (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 21:03
Logo more than held his own in my opinion against Tongahuia who has troubled quite a few in his time. Not bad for a youngster.

GSB111 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 21:18
Wow - that's a really strong team. Hoping for a great game in the sun, but I can't help feeling that we'll lose the forward battle and a loosing BP will be a realistic outcome.

TonyMay (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 23:02
Don't worry about Logoviii - he's learning how to scrum the Tigers way. South Sea Islanders don't usually do scrummaging back home - they just want to smash each other in the loose. The way you play international football against them is to beat them at the set piece.

It seems the intensity of the culture was a bit of a shock when he first arrived but he's buckled down now. Practice scrum sessions with Ayerza, Chuter, Castro, Cockers, Cole, Stanokovich, White, should learn him.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 10:30
He has also slimmed down considerably to a sylph like 19st7lbs

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 13:18
If we want to beat Leicester we have to win the scrums and don't give away dumb penalties. I think we can win.

Come on you Irish

Paul

LLL (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 20:23
Looks like I picked the wrong week to cut down the drinking.

Tiggs (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 22:05
According to many of the Tigers fans, this is a transition year, we always struggle in the RWC year, and then come stronger in the following 3 years.
As everyone else, Tigers need another 8+ players in the squad for RWC years, and with the salary cap. that means that those players are of a lesser quality.
After the RWC year Tigers release several players no longer needed, and so strengthen the squad with fewer but better quality players.
Enjoy this season, but watch out next !!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 22:28
That's where we went wrong then

Went into world cup year with a smaller squad than the year before.

Mind you we are allegedly not spending anywhere near the salary cap are Tigers? (Sm151)

Rich W (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 09:56
Tigers are spent pretty close to the salary cap - and given long term injuries (Crane, Newby, etc) have been able to gain dispensation to cover those above the cap.

Let's talk about what should be a good game rather than take cheap shots about each other's clubs eh?

Nothing I cared, in the lamb white days, that time would take me
Up to the swallow thronged loft by the shadow of my hand,
In the moon that is always rising,
Nor that riding to sleep
I should hear him fly with the high fields
And wake to the farm forever fled from the childless land.
Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

Master Warrior (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 10:09
If your guys could dent a few Tigers for us that would be appreciated? Oh and also could you not upset them too much either! ;-)

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:08
Quote:
Let's talk about what should be a good game rather than take cheap shots about each other's clubs eh?

If i'd posted on the Tigers board then a cheap shot, over here is just (Sm161) unless of cause you choose to take it another way.

However you do emphasise the difference between the clubs in that we can't afford long term injury cover and are not spending to the cap anyway!

Any how not looking forward to the game, Paddies day is my least favourite game of the year and this year made worse by the fact that we get a side who are difficult to beat and I will have to put up with the response of my Tigers supporting friends assuming the result goes your way!

Rich W (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:45
I was under the impression that your club spent to the cap - even though you couldn't afford it. My error.

Sorry the (Sm161) seemed rather pointless to me.

Anyway - here's to a great game today. Hope it's a good show.

Nothing I cared, in the lamb white days, that time would take me
Up to the swallow thronged loft by the shadow of my hand,
In the moon that is always rising,
Nor that riding to sleep
I should hear him fly with the high fields
And wake to the farm forever fled from the childless land.
Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net