Re: Man of the Match nominations
TonyMay (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 18:11
Geordan Murphy.

Only Irishman on the pitch.

GSB111 (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 18:14
Don't know how many times I've said this, this season, but it's Tom for me. Peerless kicking display (last two under huge pressure) and a great solo try. Bye bye Delon!

dandaman (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 18:15
Allinson. He was electric at times. A great break from the line-out resulting in a try and generaly getting the upper hand over Youngs. He even charged down a conversion!

Most of all though its the way he handled that f***** Youngs. There Youngs was dropping his knee in Gibsons face and trying (and failing) to punch him. Two London Irish players see this. Kennedy (who ignores it and gets in the defensive line) and Allinson who charges at Youngs, dump tackles him and smackes him in the face. That action above all gets my respect as for me it showes he genualy cares about London Irish and his team mates.

Now yes he did screw up a few passes and kick a ball
straight out but i belive we have a serious talent in Allinson.

Edited to give a honourable mention for Tom who today showed he's far more mature than he should be for his age.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/03/2012 18:20 by dandaman.

harristocratt (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 18:16
Has to be Tom a good try to add to his usual high standard of goal kicking.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 18:16
Tommy of course.

Hopefully a few apologies to him from some folks on here who claimed he can't run...(Sm22)

b.q.f.m (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 18:58
Tom, excellent kicking, great try and BACK FLIPS what more could you want?! http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/dobbin_bucket/backflip.gifhttp://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/dobbin_bucket/backflip.gifhttp://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/dobbin_bucket/backflip.gif

Darren was very good too.

adammg (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 18:59
Tom, with a very honourable mention for Tagi and the second row!

millsy_rugby_man (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 19:36
Gibson was outstanding but Tom played the full 80 and had a great game

Sm1ler (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 19:52
Allinson was excellent and kept us in the game.

GMC_LI (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 20:35
Evans, Gibson and Kennedy - immense contributions from all 3

jonny concrete (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 21:00
Darren Allinson for me. Outstanding game. If nothing more than sticking up for his mate when he saw that he was having the knee dropped on him! (wanted to run on and help him, but that ain't allowed!) Lots of good performances. Nick K was immense, Gibson is such a good player. Shings was exposed a bit for me, he is just too slow in general and kicks when he should'nt Thought it was a proper team performance and a really good game.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 21:19
Has to be Homer. Allinson also had a good game though.

SamB_LI (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 21:39
Allinson or Dec, who worked his *rse off today. Would have to side with Allinson, as it was noticeable how cr@p the service became when Hodgson took over.

Homer made a very good break for his try, similar to the Quins one, but never broke the game line apart from that. Wonderful goal kicking though. Thought Bowden was iffy at 10, so would put Jarvo at 10 and Delon at 15.

Austin1 (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 21:59
Tagi - always makes more yards than he should. Of course Tom has to be mentioned along with Dec for his usual passion.

HowthExile (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 22:03
The two T's for me....Tom and Tagi.

Laighean ag éirí leat an diabhal

Matt_K (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 22:20
Tom for me as well. Superbly worked try, fearless kicking under pressure. Once again he shows maturity beyond his years(Sm128)

Freshford Boy (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 07:27
Tom for me - great all round performance including a try, great kicking AND a back flip!

Darren Allinson honourable mention.

Jamo (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 09:16
Quote:
HowthExile
The two T's for me....Tom and Tagi.

And me!!

waltham (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 09:21
Yup - Tom

peezee (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 10:28
Jamie or Tom

patty1944 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 10:32
Allinson had a good game.

peezee (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 10:40
Quote:
TonyMay
Geordan Murphy.
Only Irishman on the pitch.

Bob Casey?

Portcullis Irish (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 13:07
Tom for MoM - but Darren Allinson gets my vote for players player for his reaction to the snidy stuff from Youngs - Good on you Darren

Good games from NJK Bryn & Gibson.
Nice cameo from Trev

26 March, 2012 13:34
I really enjoyed Trev and Lahiff when they came on. Good game from Allinson, but a couple of mistakes. I'd give it to Tom too.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 13:43
Jamie Gibson - we have missed him in the last 6 weeks.

Come on you Irish

Paul

ManTheVan (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 15:15
Has to be Tom. But thought Jamie played his heart out, Tagi was solid and oh so close to some breakthroughs. When Trev and Max gave on thought they were brill. Trev:- within 5 minutes on he made at least 6 big hits! Draw a line under this season, see what talent we've got, build on that pre season and aim higher next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/igorbeathty/MeSouthParkStyle-1.jpg

SirBurger (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 15:35
Gray also made a good impact.

Greenham Phil (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 15:50
Team award for me.

That was the most gutsy performance we've seen for a while. Frustrating to lose by such a large margin at the end, but that was always the risk of throwing the ball around so much.

Caimh (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 16:04
For the record - Tom would've been the ESPN MOTM if we'd have won and deservedly so.

I was very impressed to see Trev when he came on, I think he could turn out to be an exceptional signing. Similarly, can't wait to see more of Alex Grey. Bryan Evans also had his best game for us. Kendo was 100% committed as always - the criticism for getting back in the defensive line rather than fighting spouted above is just ridiculous. Matt Garvey had a good game especially when being out of position.

Darren was the better 9 on the field. I was also delighted to see Shingler being given more of the responsibility on the field with kicks etc - he's clearly got the potential to be a great player and we need to keep building his confidence after the tough year he's had.

An odd feature of this season is that we've not seen enough of Bryan, Shaggy, Hape, Ansbro and Trev - mainly due to injury. I'm very optimistic about the future and I reckon we've got a shot at getting the HC place, tricky though it'll be.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 21:38
Quote:
Caimh
I'm very optimistic about the future and I reckon we've got a shot at getting the HC place, tricky though it'll be.

Definitely - we are only 4 behind Sale and we have the better squad in my opinion. We can certainly do it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net