rugbyunion
Latest News:

TOULON V QUINS
mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 20:04
TOULON 25 - 3 QUINS

STEFFON ARMITAGE playing his heart out and SKY think he is putting his hand up for the Lions tour . so over to you MR.LANCASTER......ENGLAND need a 7 - maybe a rule change

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

Re: TOULON V QUINS
CooperMan (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 20:24
Stefon just got a try too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coops

06 April, 2012 20:25
TOULON 37 - 3 QUINS

www.mypremium.tv

MWM

CooperMan (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 20:26
Toulon Irish next year!

Coops

AndyMulhearn (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 20:26
Steffon's having a cr@p game isn't he :-/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2012 20:27 by AndyMulhearn.

CooperMan (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 20:34
Quote:
AndyMulhearn

Quote:
From the Quins site
Re: Toulon Quins live new
Posted by: Paul (IP Logged)
Date: 06 April, 2012 21:28

Take a breath people, Toulon have been immense! Stefon especially. He's been standing over every tackle challenging! It's hard to play your game when your struggling to keep hold of the ball

Credit where due I think!

Boy do we ever miss him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coops

06 April, 2012 20:36
MOTM TOO IN TOULON----------

well played MR S. ARMITAGE.........

ARE you watching Mr Booth!

MWM

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 20:39
I was watching on a FRench stream, and caught the remark about Steffon "Ouf! Il est fort, ce joueur!" Quality. Irish's biggest loss in recent seasons next to Mapusua, IMHO.

See that girl
Watch her scream
Kicking the dancing queen

AndyMulhearn (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 20:41
Quote:
CooperMan
Quote:
AndyMulhearn

Quote:
From the Quins site
Re: Toulon Quins live new
Posted by: Paul (IP Logged)
Date: 06 April, 2012 21:28

Take a breath people, Toulon have been immense! Stefon especially. He's been standing over every tackle challenging! It's hard to play your game when your struggling to keep hold of the ball

Credit where due I think!

Boy do we ever miss him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That we do. I don't know if Dewi Morris was getting a bit carried away but Lancaster must be looking at him and wishing he was playing in the AP.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 21:05
If he was to ever return to England would it be with us?

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 21:24
Depends how much he likes pork pies and orange cheese. In fact, for that kind of player, we might be talking the cheese with blue bits as a dealmaker.

See that girl
Watch her scream
Kicking the dancing queen

cob (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 21:27
Thank God I don't have to hope Quins do well for us to get a back door ticket to Heineken any more.

Great performance from Steffon, good memories of our visit there and what an enjoyable commentary on Sky for a change. hairdressers tattoo parlours included.

Bainim fiáin Rover-cén fáth a stopadh anois?

mawhis (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 22:46
I'll be seriously annoyed if he doesn't go to South Africa. 7 is a position in which England have struggled against top flight sides, and Steffon is far and away the top performer in that position. If Lancaster doesn't select him it raises questions about his judgement, and if the RFU doesn't let Lancaster select him it raises questions about their priorities.

cob (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 23:07
Would be interesting if called for the next Lions tour and not in a national squad_

Who knows might eventually declare for France-now that would be interesting a France squad member and Lions cap

bisach (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 23:16

cob (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 23:23
(Sm113)how many years to qualify these days?

AndyMulhearn (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 23:56
Quote:
cob
(Sm113)how many years to qualify these days?

He has England caps which, as I understand it, means he can't pay for any other country.

AndyMulhearn (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 23:59
Quote:
mawhis
I'll be seriously annoyed if he doesn't go to South Africa. 7 is a position in which England have struggled against top flight sides, and Steffon is far and away the top performer in that position. If Lancaster doesn't select him it raises questions about his judgement, and if the RFU doesn't let Lancaster select him it raises questions about their priorities.

If the RFU has a strict tule about overseas players, Lancaster may have his hands tied when it comes to selection and considering Steffon. I hope not because he looked really good but it may not happen while he's in Toulon.

cob (IP Logged)
07 April, 2012 00:15
[quote AndyMulhearn][quote cob](Sm113)how many years to qualify these days?[/quote]

He has England caps which, as I understand it, means he can't pay for any other country.[/quote

EU laws _ Dual naionality and Freedom of Labour_ RFU view like too many confined by what they would like which is control of others lifes rather than welcoming people even if not quite their type (rant over)

John A (IP Logged)
07 April, 2012 07:51
There is no way Steffon would want to miss the end of the Top 14 Season.

Playoffs w/e 25-7 May
Semis w/e 1-3 Jun
Final 9 Jun ........ and Boks/England 1st Test

Toulon has a great chance of making the Semis and will be aiming for more. Steffon's hardly going to be allowed to turn up late for the SA tour.

He's hoping he'll be allowed back in to the England set-up at some stage, but probably not quite yet. Stuart Lancaster will be equally happy to avoid the issue for now. Events in SA might well show the way ahead.

AndyMulhearn (IP Logged)
07 April, 2012 09:11
[quote cob][quote AndyMulhearn][quote cob](Sm113)how many years to qualify these days?[/quote]

He has England caps which, as I understand it, means he can't pay for any other country.[/quote

EU laws _ Dual naionality and Freedom of Labour_ RFU view like too many confined by what they would like which is control of others lifes rather than welcoming people even if not quite their type (rant over)[/quote]

Not a particularly good rant though. How would you like the current Italian side packed with one or two cap New Zealanders, Australians or South Africans who were tried and didn't make the grade? What do you think that would do for the development of the Italian game at grass roots if no one ever got a chance to play international Rugby because the national side was stuffed with overseas rejects?

cob (IP Logged)
07 April, 2012 11:58
I do not agree with it but, its a reality of the game. Would like it to be banned myself.

AndyMulhearn (IP Logged)
07 April, 2012 15:47
Quote:
cob
I do not agree with it but, its a reality of the game. Would like it to be banned myself.
Unfortunately without a quote, I have no idea what you're referring to?

cob (IP Logged)
07 April, 2012 16:09
damn it forgot-was distracted by the Edinburgh gnme

wattshisname (IP Logged)
07 April, 2012 21:44
Surreal!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net