rugbyunion
Latest News:

Match Day Banners / Flags
Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
01 September, 2016 13:02
Whats the procesdure for match day flags / banners.

I have a friend who works for a banner printing company who said he could create huge banners with any slogans on for a relatively cheap price. Anything from 3m x 5m up to 30m x 75m

I was thinking green with the statement "#STRONGERTOGETHER"

or

"ON LOAN TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP"

As only one stand would be open, if we could effectively decorate the other three stands with huge banners like these, it would create a real buzz, especially a statement like "on loan to the championship" - would show the players we are behind them 100%

Re: Match Day Banners / Flags
GHA (IP Logged)
01 September, 2016 13:10
'FOR ONE SEASON ONLY'

#FOSO

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
01 September, 2016 13:53
I would imagine the club have that in hand, hopefully with paid advertising especially as the East Usually features if the TV cameras turn up!!

#Stronger together looks fine to me the other options I suspect would be seen as disrespectful to the other sides and may serve to fire up opposition as much as our guys!

I hope and think they will be true but lets not rub teams faces in it unnecessarily.

HMRH (IP Logged)
01 September, 2016 14:06
I like the idea of the big banners and still like the idea of free flags for all

Stevie J (IP Logged)
01 September, 2016 14:11
Ajax - the LISC discussed this with the marketing team last season, however the relegation has seen a lot of the team move on.

Can you PM me? Ta.

"Well done, is better than well said."
Benjamin Franklin, 1706 - 1790

waltham (IP Logged)
01 September, 2016 14:47
I've always thought a mega-large LISC owned flag/banner would be good - but not designed only for one season... A bot like those that the French teams use and even take tyo away matches - remember Tolouse' flag??

Jolly Green Giant (IP Logged)
01 September, 2016 17:18
Quote:
Ajax Treesdown
Whats the procesdure for match day flags / banners.
I have a friend who works for a banner printing company who said he could create huge banners with any slogans on for a relatively cheap price. Anything from 3m x 5m up to 30m x 75m

I was thinking green with the statement "#STRONGERTOGETHER"

or

"ON LOAN TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP"

As only one stand would be open, if we could effectively decorate the other three stands with huge banners like these, it would create a real buzz, especially a statement like "on loan to the championship" - would show the players we are behind them 100%

Pray tell .. Just how much would your Friend Charge for a banner - say 10m x 15m portrait ???

Derby Irish Fan (IP Logged)
01 September, 2016 17:32
Love the idea and could there be an appeal to the supporters to fund it?

GHA (IP Logged)
02 September, 2016 09:51
Quote:
Jon_r43
I would imagine the club have that in hand, hopefully with paid advertising especially as the East Usually features if the TV cameras turn up!!
#Stronger together looks fine to me the other options I suspect would be seen as disrespectful to the other sides and may serve to fire up opposition as much as our guys!

I hope and think they will be true but lets not rub teams faces in it unnecessarily.

#strongertogether is rubbish IMO, thought the marketing team might've realised that after last year

Disrespectful? Do you think in they were in a similar situation the All Blacks would hang flags saying 'May the best team win?'

What about 'This is your Cup Final' or 'You've only come for the Irish'

02 September, 2016 11:15
The East will rise again.

HowthExile (IP Logged)
02 September, 2016 11:29
Quote:
Props are not stupid
The East will rise again.

Is there an East Stand at Brentford (Sm159)

Laighean ag éirí leat an diabhal

Stevie J (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 11:39
Just bringing this back to top as it was always something that interested me and wondered if the LISC could run say a design comp followed by crowdfunding.

Is there interest in this? Do fellow supporters think its worthy? If so LISC would broach it to the club ahead of next season.

Nick4219 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 14:13
I'm sure there is already a large banner/flag in existence as I remember helping to unfurl one during some of our more successful games in the East stand a few years ago? I'm sure Mulled Wine Marie organised it/ had it?

Agree that we don't need pointless slogans to fire the team up or those that may come across as disrespectful, especially if we don't win the playoffs!

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 15:07
I could see some specials:

THE CRAIC - NOT AS FUNNY AS IT USED TO BE

I DISAGREE WITH WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY BUT DEFEND TO THE DEATH YOUR RIGHT TO SAY IT (AS LONG AS IT'S NOT ON THE CRAIC)

And for the St Pat's Party:

WHO ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE? WHAT DO THEY WANT? WHY ARE THEY NOT WATCHING THE RUGBY?

Have one of these to show I am not being (completely) serious (Sm14)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 15:22
hi - yes i made a flag 40 feet x 40 feet - and someone stole it.............maybe they could just post it back??(Sm139)(Sm18)

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

HMRH (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 15:26
The amount of flags handed out, I assume, for both Munster and Clermont fans really made a difference. Not sure whether Club couldnplace flags out on seats pre ko or whether we can just encourage people to buy flags?

Thought it looked good

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 17:42
The club give out flags to the kids pre match in the Digger pound. Im sure this could be extended to adults as well, certainly for the play offs.

25 April, 2017 21:00
Quote:
Ozzy3213
The club give out flags to the kids pre match in the Digger pound. Im sure this could be extended to adults as well, certainly for the play offs.

Yes, however they are small "digger club" flags.

MattM (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 08:05
They gave out decent sized flags with the club crest at the St Pats game, I'm sure there will be more of those stored away somewhere!

I still have a couple at home so will be bringing those for the wife and I to wave like mad folk!

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2017/18 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 11:03
They were only Digger Club ones at the last game. They have been club flags the whole rest of the season.

HMRH (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 12:17
Thousands of flags would make it look great and intimidating for visiting fans even in these days of smaller crowds and less stands open

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 13:44
Quote:
HMRH
Thousands of flags would make it look great and intimidating for visiting fans even in these days of smaller crowds and less stands open

And we would wish to do that why?

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

26 April, 2017 16:13
Quote:
Foggy-Balla
Quote:
HMRH

And we would wish to do that why?

Come on it's rugby and we support our team not everyone else's! Yes we need to show respect, but we want to win and prove ourselves as a top team with top fans in a top ground. We need to cheer on the boys!

Griff (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 16:45
Quite so LITID but that doesn't mean intimidating the opposition supporters! We can be as welcoming as possible, stuff their team and then be magnanimous victors.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 16:58
What Griff said.

HMRH (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 16:59
Not the supporters the oppo team!!!! Surely the thread makes it clear that Munster and clermont put on a great spectacle and alll I'm suggesting is we have thousands of flags to show Doncaster what they're up against?

Where on earth did you get the idea it was about supporters?

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 17:15
Quote:
HMRH
Not the supporters the oppo team!!!! Surely the thread makes it clear that Munster and clermont put on a great spectacle and alll I'm suggesting is we have thousands of flags to show Doncaster what they're up against?

Because you said it.....

Quote:
HMRH

HMRH (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 17:45
Oh

HMRH (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 17:47
Not what I meant - apologies . Looking to make Madjeski as LI as possible and a strong home ground so other teams are impressed and intimidated by it nor the supporters in any way

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 21:15
A trendy guy called Timothy is courting?

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

HMRH (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 07:24
?

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 08:24
Quote:
HMRH
Not what I meant - apologies . Looking to make Madjeski as LI as possible and a strong home ground so other teams are impressed and intimidated by it nor the supporters in any way

Don't worry, I have a great big flag I wave at every possible opportunity, although being moved to Upper West this season not sure how visible it is...

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 08:38
In Tim I Dated

HMRH (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 09:08
Oh right thanks

Stevie J (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 10:58
Just an FYI as part of LISC I have reached out to the club to see what they have and what they might be able to do for the Semi and if we get past that the Final.

Royalsfan (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 18:43
Be aware that big flags will need to be cleared by the stadium authorities rather than LI. They need to be made of fire retardant material and have a safety certificate. Be careful that anyone doing them cheap may not be using acceptable material.
The little sticks on flags aren't subject to this rule I don't think.
Hopefully LI would speak to RFC about any flags but it would be a shame to spend money only to find you weren't allowed to bring a flag into the ground.

Great results this weekend by the way, RFC and LI both heading in the right directions in their playoffs ! Here's hoping for a double promotion celebration....

Finno (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 19:31
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Quote:
HMRH

Because you said it.....

Quote:
HMRH

Geez, sometimes I dispair with this board!!! It was obvious what HMRH meant, he was talking about creating an atmosphere like Leinster and Munster did recently in the Aviva with the home team waving thousands of small flags!!! But some here seem to be hell bent on taking everything literally to pontificate! Lighten up lads!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net