rugbyunion
Latest News:

Gordon Reid
Earlyirishfan96 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 21:28
Recently been looking at the Irish Twitter page and always look at the followers as it is always a good indicator to who has signed for next season. I noticed recently that Gordon Reid, the Scotland international loosehead, has followed. Maybe looking too much in to but if he has signed could be a good addition, sure up loosehead for a few seasons and at 31 is reaching his prime.
Some clips of him in action:
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]

Re: Gordon Reid
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 21:54
Out of contract in the summer by the look of it.

That's as good as an announcement for me. Good work

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 22:21
According to Wikipedia, he's 29 until March

olw131 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 22:26
Good lord. I've never seen the guy play but if this turns out to be true, credit to everyone behind the scenes for what would be a cracking signing considering last season's nightmare and our current Championship status.

EDIT: Looks like he starts most games for a Glasgow and over 100 caps for them so one of their more experienced players.. if true this is fantastic and would show that as a club we still do have some 'pulling power'!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2017 22:32 by olw131.

JamesC (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 22:30
Well done on the Sigint front -you would have fitted in well at BP

HMRH (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 06:55
Or he could just be following on Twitter

SirBurger (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 07:16
How do you tell if someone has recently started following someone else? I didn't think you could do this on twitter. Anyway, not convinced by this evidence but we shall see!

TheRealBigEasy (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 07:23
I follow on twitter.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 07:49
Would be a good signing as court is reaching the end of his career, him along with a tighthead and that's the props sorted

AnotherPhil (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 10:03
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy
I follow on twitter.

What's your availability for next season TRBE?

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 11:04
If true a canny signing and with rumour of du Plessis our front row stock for next season would be healthy:

Danny H-A
Smallbone
Court (if still in contract)
Franks
Palframan
Erlington
Hoskins

Reid
Du plessis

Looks like management have identified in the wetter moths we generally suffer against bigger packs and are doing something to address that i.e. big lumps and a 10/15 that can put us in the right areas of the pitch.

HMRH (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 11:37
How long is Ben Franks contracted for?

Strom (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 11:55
For those of you who have SKY, you could see him in action against Munster on Saturday.
I regularly watch the free-to-view Celtic matches, and have seen him too in a Scotland shirt.

A potentially great signing albeit he's going to be on international duty, unlike Court and Franks. He's 30 years old in a couple of months.

I believe Ben Franks is on a 3-year contract.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Irish Poll

What do you think of this poll?

See results > Submit >>