rugbyunion
Latest News:

LI at the Madstad
RodB (IP Logged)
09 February, 2017 16:02
According to latest LISC news email, we're definitely still there next season.

Brentford - Bob told us that Hounslow Council will decide the planning application to allow rugby at the new Brentford Community Stadium this Thursday 9th February. However there are still formal proceedings to go through after this, so the club may hold off on any formal announcement. The stadium will not be complete anyway until 2019. One thing was made clear and that we will definitely be playing at the Madejski Stadium next season (2017-18) and Membership renewals will make this clear.

Re: LI at the Madstad
10 February, 2017 07:37
Ok. I've heard we'll be at Griffin Park until the new ground is built...
Think one last Premiership season at the MadStad will be a great send off :-)

MattM (IP Logged)
10 February, 2017 08:14
Yes, saw that in the LISC newsletter. It might tip me over the edge into getting season tickets (get in now rather than waiting until we move)!

almostatyke (IP Logged)
10 February, 2017 18:43
Quote:
London Irish 'til I die

Great from a Carnegie point of view that you are so complacent about promotion. Or should I quote Trump: "see you in the Play-offs"?

(Sm100)(Sm100)(Sm100)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2017 18:57 by almostatyke.

Caimh (IP Logged)
10 February, 2017 19:44
Quote:
almostatyke
Quote:
London Irish 'til I die

Great from a Carnegie point of view that you are so complacent about promotion. Or should I quote Trump: "see you in the Play-offs"?

(Sm100)(Sm100)(Sm100)

You're absolutely right - assuming the original poster is a player or member of the management team.

almostatyke (IP Logged)
10 February, 2017 21:28
Good point. Is he?

(Sm128)

Hope for a good match at Headingley against you guys on 5th March!

It will be good to see Tommy Bell back at Headingley - I think he single-handedly kept us up the season after we were relegated and our "benefactor" took the parachute payment and Premiership shares money back as repayment for "loans", i.e. to give to Leeds Rhinos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2017 21:32 by almostatyke.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
10 February, 2017 22:03
Quote:
almostatyke
Good point. Is he?
(Sm128)

Hope for a good match at Headingley against you guys on 5th March!

It will be good to see Tommy Bell back at Headingley - I think he single-handedly kept us up the season after we were relegated and our "benefactor" took the parachute payment and Premiership shares money back as repayment for "loans", i.e. to give to Leeds Rhinos.

Not sure you'll see him! He's picked up an Injury and is out for 4-6 weeks

almostatyke (IP Logged)
10 February, 2017 22:09
Didn't realise that, hope he gets fit again soon. Top player, if he is absent from the match it will be disappointing.
We were hoping to crock him for the play-offs...........

Only joking.

(Sm100)

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2017 10:32
A clear statement from the club regarding when they will stop using the Madstad for home games would be greatly appreciated.

Paul_D (IP Logged)
11 February, 2017 12:33
Quote:
paulm1953
A clear statement from the club regarding when they will stop using the Madstad for home games would be greatly appreciated.

Considering that they haven't even started building the stadium at Lionel Road yet I think you're being a tad optimistic!

CharlieG (IP Logged)
11 February, 2017 18:59
Quote:
Paul_D
Quote:
paulm1953

Considering that they haven't even started building the stadium at Lionel Road yet I think you're being a tad optimistic!

Given that the new stadium is not expected to be finished until 2019, I do think they could have been more specific than just stating they will stay for next season.

This suggests to me that they are planning to move for the 2018-2019 season, but haven't got this sorted, so won't say anything. If the plan had been to stay in Reading until the new stadium is ready, then they would have said so.

waltham (IP Logged)
11 February, 2017 20:29
Madstad one more season imo

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2017 22:42
I cant see any logic to moving to Griffin Park?

Unless there was to be some kind of break clause that can be activated at a particular time?

12 February, 2017 14:08
If we move to Griffin park I guess we have time to build up a bigger fan base in that area before moving to the 20,000 seat ground.

RodB (IP Logged)
12 February, 2017 14:59
Or just a chance to lose more of the Madstad crowd, by going to a shed.

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2017 19:42
Met an Irish guy today who used to be a ST holder before the move to reading

Said he came for a few years but ended up coming in his own, is now a season ticket holder at Quins.....

Is planning to come back once we move

sweetas (IP Logged)
12 February, 2017 20:21
ST holder since we moved to Reading, yet to meet anyone prepared to travel to Brentford,hoping the club have done their research.

HMRH (IP Logged)
12 February, 2017 20:51
We'll go and see how it is

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2017 20:57
Sweetas....

i will but then i live in Hounslow and travel to Reading! (Sm151)

jekyll (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 20:24
We live south of Winchester and we are going to travel.

IrishLondon (IP Logged)
24 February, 2017 22:55
Brentford over Reading for me and in fact it would be a longer journey as I live near Birmingham. I know others disagree but West London is our home

paddym (IP Logged)
24 February, 2017 23:38
Quote:
sweetas
ST holder since we moved to Reading, yet to meet anyone prepared to travel to Brentford,hoping the club have done their research.

Like they did when they moved to Reading??!!

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
24 February, 2017 23:41
Quote:
paddym
Quote:
sweetas

Like they did when they moved to Reading??!!

Similar to those Wasps fans who refused to move from Adams Park to The Ricoh - please remind me what's Wasps average attendance is since they moved?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net