rugbyunion
Latest News:

Allinson signs for Bath
HMRH (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 15:03
Returns to end of season and signed 2 year deal with them going forward.

Re: Allinson signs for Bath
Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 15:19
Not too fussed with this. We have better 9s then Allinson.

I'd rather be a Paddy than a Quin!!

Currently sponsoring Greig Tonks for season 16/17.

MattM (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 15:24
Seems a good deal for all parties, we have plenty of cover at 9 so clear some salary. Bath get a player they're comfortable with and Allinson gets a 2 year deal for a bit of stability.

ardoyneirish (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 15:29
Not near starting for us at the moment so no chance next year if we get promoted...

Happy to save some cash for other players and he can go sit on bench at Bath

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 15:41
To be honest a great player when he first came and push Dodge. Never really reached those heights again after injuries. Best of Luck to him as said seems a good bit of business for everyone involved.

Would expect to see a couple more leave/retire i.e. Naz, Ojo, possibly Jebb and court too.

20 February, 2017 15:47
Quote:
Jamiepep1
Would expect to see a couple more leave/retire i.e. Naz, Ojo, possibly Jebb and court too.

Doubt Ojo will leave. Would've told us by now if it's his final season.

Allison to Bath is good for us - although doesn't look good when yet another player leaves us for London Irish west...

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 16:14
It was a waste of cash for us, good to get him off the books. Certain players look great when surrounded by good players, when most of them left he didn't look quite as good. Good luck to him, he did his time here, enjoy the west country, I can't help but think he'll be a squad player unless they have an injury crisis

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 17:54
Was surprised we pulled him back to sit on the bench for one game when Brand could have done that.

He now can't go back to bath until the end of the season.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 20:00
Quote:
Jon_r43
Was surprised we pulled him back to sit on the bench for one game when Brand could have done that.
He now can't go back to bath until the end of the season.

Surely he is back for more than one game? I would have thought that he was back for the run in? Better to have him with Steele and McKibbin than Brand in the play offs? One injury to either of them and Darren is straight in. Think it is good to have him back for the games that matter with his experience.

harristocratt (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 20:44
Good luck to him he can console himself with the fact that not every player can be good enough for Championship London Irish. Sometimes you just have to take a step back to Premirship Bath.

tomthepom (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 20:57
Quote from LI offie:

“I’m fully committed to helping Irish gain promotion back to the Premiership, which is my sole focus at present,” he added.

sweetas (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 22:26
Times today,Ben Meehan has signed for LI. 2yr deal for Darren at LI West, sounds good all round.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
21 February, 2017 10:48
Darren always put in a good shift for us, and he should have had much more game-time in the days of the appalling Tomarse.

Good luck fella...!

Finno (IP Logged)
21 February, 2017 12:24
I've always thought he was a much better player than many on this forum gave him credit for.

Good luck Darren!!

waltham (IP Logged)
22 February, 2017 07:57
Quote:
Finno
I've always thought he was a much better player than many on this forum gave him credit for.
Good luck Darren!!

(Sm152)

Johnswlondon (IP Logged)
23 February, 2017 12:14
Happy with that - not quick enough and no zip in his passing

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Irish Poll

What do you think of this poll?

See results > Submit >>