rugbyunion
Latest News:

MOTM v Scottish?
Shawshank (IP Logged)
25 February, 2017 17:58
Has to be one of the forwards, Mike Coman and Paicey put in a great shift but I'll got with the match-day Ben Franks.

Backs were pretty poor to be honest, and there's still very little sign of any coherant backs play at all.

And as said before, Greg Tonks is not a 15...

Re: MOTM v Scottish?
waltham (IP Logged)
25 February, 2017 18:10
Agree it's a forward. Cowan for me. Thought Tonks was pretty good at 15

tonyh50 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2017 18:18
Lots of the forwards deserve a mention but it's De Chaves for me - excellent in the lineout, solid scrummaging, his work in the loose, a couple of good carries and solid tackling that stopped Scottish getting over the gain line on several occasions.
Overall a pretty good performance only negative for me was the slowness of Allison from both the set piece and in the loose play, when McKibbin came on we looked a far sharper team.

Strom (IP Logged)
25 February, 2017 18:25
I'll go with SdeChaves as well.

Tonksy, whilst he made a few mistakes, remained focused throughout, and his kicking from the tee was pretty good.

I thought the Scottish #8 was am impressive ball carrier.

Caimh (IP Logged)
25 February, 2017 20:02
I thought it was definitely Franks, his work rate around the park is amazing.

I also thought Josh McNally made a hell of an impression when he came on. I've been really impressed by him.

M51 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2017 20:32
I thought Ben Franks was solid throughout, and gets my vote. However I would have to agree with earlier posts that the backs lacked any cohesion, I expect it was hard work with a greasy ball. Not sure what the answer is for the backs. Dodger was doing a lot of shouting from the sideline but very little changed throughout the 80 minutes. Back to the training ground and try to cut down the error rate. Good to see the mental resolve and grinding out the win COYI.

Finno (IP Logged)
25 February, 2017 20:49
Franks by a country mile for me, his best performance in an Irish shirt IMO!

But...Paicey, Blair, Coman, and McNally when he came on, were also excellent today!

As for the backs...,.Mmmmmmmm, well, the less said!

However, a win is a win....But I'm not being inspired at the moment...To be honest it was another scratchy win!

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
25 February, 2017 20:54
Very worrying considering its close to our first choice backs line up, only bell and mckibbin would strengthen that side Imo. The forwards can't get us out of jail all the time!

Having said that we now have a clear run of games which I'm sure will help as the lads were rusty today. Big few games coming up now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2017 20:56 by Hugo.LI.

HMRH (IP Logged)
26 February, 2017 09:26
McNally looked good coming on and Kolomatangi will bring some real power running as he gets into it. Franks for me.

Xprop (IP Logged)
26 February, 2017 14:32
Franks for me. Smashed their huge #8 and was straight back up and into the next tackle while the 8 was still wondering what hit him. Kolomatangi will bring go forward, but currently does not look quite fit engough.

BTW I was impressed in the warm-up with his american football one handed passes of 50 metres or so. His kicking from hand looked pretty good too!

exile99 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2017 19:37
Not MoM, but I thought Darren played one of his best games in ages and deserves a mention. I'm a long way from being his biggest fan, but his work rate was up there with the best and was tackling all over the park, saving us from embarrassment on several occasions.

Brian_N (IP Logged)
27 February, 2017 15:17
Ben Franks. 2 tries, solid (as ever) in the scrum and all around the park making tackles (to which the Scottish no8.will attest!)

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
27 February, 2017 18:37
Will be interesting to see what changes kendo makes. Think mcnally has earned a start and potentially big Joe is back as no England game this weekend

jekyll (IP Logged)
27 February, 2017 20:29
Franks for me outstanding in his workrate.
Our backs had a problem with poorand slow service but they do not seem to be a cohesive unit, could this be a reflection that our coaches are basically forwards with Dodge more of an honourary one. We need a proper backs coach like Mike Catt, Alex King, etc

Griff (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 14:38
Sorry folks I'm out and about today so can't get a poll up (ooer) until tomorrow.

stnick88 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 15:55
Can I nominate Tonks for worst player of the match?

bisach (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 16:04
Quote:
stnick88
Can I nominate Tonks for worst player of the match?

I suppose, after you've spoken to the management, who probably know a thing or two, and will have spoken to all players during their review post match, you could have a face-to-face discussion with him and express your opinion.

Is that not the done thing though with most people.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 16:18
People need to get off Tonks back. Came in for us last year at a very difficult time and for the most of it did a good job. May not be the best option at 15 but does his absolute best so just support him

stnick88 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 16:26
so you two haven't criticised players before on here?

I'm sure Tonks is big enough to accept he had a poor game. You could see the frustration in him every time he knocked on or messed up a pass.

bisach (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 17:24
I can't honestly remember if I have criticised a player on here. I have though, spoken to them face to face about several topics, including what I thought about their recent performances.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 22:05
Quote:
stnick88
so you two haven't criticised players before on here?
I'm sure Tonks is big enough to accept he had a poor game. You could see the frustration in him every time he knocked on or messed up a pass.

I see in the distance, just out of view, in the haze, like, like a trick of the eyes, yes! I see, a keyboard warrior! Behold bringer of hard truths that serve no purpose, praise thee oh warrior of the MB, we await thee of thy unconstructive thoughts! You are not alone.

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

Finno (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 22:27
Quote:
Hugo.LI
People need to get off Tonks back. Came in for us last year at a very difficult time and for the most of it did a good job. May not be the best option at 15 but does his absolute best so just support him

Agreed. He had a bit of a mare last weekend, but he is an excellent squad player for us!

stnick88 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2017 11:21
I'm just giving my honest opinion Bohemian. I'm a fan and I go to games week in week out and have been for years, I am allowed to speak my mind, whether it is positive or negative. I thought he had a shocker, would I tell him that, yes.

Franks, McInally, Lewington and Koamantangi impressed me. Tonks, Lloyd and Allinson I thought had poor games. Is that OK?

Steelman (IP Logged)
03 March, 2017 11:52
Quote:
stnick88
I'm just giving my honest opinion Bohemian. I'm a fan and I go to games week in week out and have been for years, I am allowed to speak my mind, whether it is positive or negative. I thought he had a shocker, would I tell him that, yes.
Franks, McInally, Lewington and Koamantangi impressed me. Tonks, Lloyd and Allinson I thought had poor games. Is that OK?

Keep those strong opinions coming buddy,it needs a bit more of the same to liven things up on here .lf you,ve been to the game, and have not been impressed by someone's passing,catching,kicking,tackling,or shoving,then why bottle it up.Tolerance to younger players,but the rest,let ,em ave it

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2017 12:09
Interesting how we all see things differently. Whilst I agree Tonks did not have a great game, I actually thought Allinson had one of his better games, and I'm not a big fan of his as a player if the truth be told.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Irish Poll

What do you think of this poll?

See results > Submit >>