rugbyunion
Latest News:

Guranteed second
Griff (IP Logged)
27 February, 2017 10:56
After this week's fixtures we've gone from being guaranteed a play-off spot to being guaranteed top-two. A five-point win at Leeds (with no LBP) would see us all but guarantee the regular-season win (Yorkshire would have to out-score us by more than 200 points in 4 games).

Keep it going you Irish!

Re: Guranteed second
Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
27 February, 2017 11:00
Surely not Griff. I've read on here that we're poor in attack and we've not improved as the season has gone on. All the other teams have better backs than us and we'd get our backsides handed to us in the Premiership.

You're not telling me that we're in the Championship so what would happen in the Premiership is at this stage irrelevant and actually we've won every game, outscored every team and conceded the fewest points and tries, and actually we can only play what's in front of us and have done that to such an extent we are guaranteed a top two finish and it's still only February.

Blimey!

HMRH (IP Logged)
27 February, 2017 12:10
Big game Sunday and we'll have a few players back in next few weeks too - Tommy Bell and Theo.

Play offs a lottery but we're good enough to win them even if we're not always firing on all cylinders

MattM (IP Logged)
27 February, 2017 12:14
Quote:
HMRH
Big game Sunday and we'll have a few players back in next few weeks too - Tommy Bell and Theo.
Play offs a lottery but we're good enough to win them even if we're not always firing on all cylinders

My thoughts exactly... the fact that we can win games without a full strength squad has given the players a real belief which will get us through the games this season and, barring a spate of injuries, win us playoff games too!

harristocratt (IP Logged)
27 February, 2017 13:44
We have the strongest first 15 and squad by a country mile and will finish top of the league by a distance.

I am not sure that the play offs are as much of a lottery as Bristol made them appear and I am confident that promotion will be achieved comfortably.

Should that not be the case I am quite prepared to eat the whole humble pie but if it does happen nobody can say I didn't tell you so.

27 February, 2017 14:04
Yorkshire keep signing players for the back end of the season. It seems to me they are going to give a good go at the play offs. The tiniest bit of complacency could see us in serious trouble.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
27 February, 2017 14:10
H-crat - remember that Wuss a few seasons ago very nearly lost to Bedford, and Newcastle were not especially convincing winners when they had to go through it.

All it would take is a stinking wet night, an early (Sm20) and Tommy Bell having an off-day with his kicking...

Steelman (IP Logged)
27 February, 2017 14:22
And I clearly remember jpdoyle having a shocker in the previous Brisl/Wuss play off.Its out there and can happen to any team, uh ....apart from us

Henry Ford (IP Logged)
27 February, 2017 15:29
Quote:
Shawshank
H-crat - remember that Wuss a few seasons ago very nearly lost to Bedford, and Newcastle were not especially convincing winners when they had to go through it.
All it would take is a stinking wet night, an early (Sm20) and Tommy Bell having an off-day with his kicking...

So unlike you to be so pessimistic.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
27 February, 2017 18:11
Quote:
Henry Ford
Quote:
Shawshank

So unlike you to be so pessimistic.

Yes but what if YC employ the no ruck, uncontested line out maul and uncontested scrums tactics? It's rugby Jim but not as we know it!

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

bigbitty (IP Logged)
27 February, 2017 19:44
Due to both games being two leg affairs it gives us just that extra bit of leeway to absorb a poor leg...if you know what I mean!

We should, if given the chance, elect to play the first leg away.

Steelman (IP Logged)
28 February, 2017 04:58
(Sm134)(Sm134)
Quote:
bigbitty
Due to both games being two leg affairs it gives us just that extra bit of leeway to absorb a poor leg...if you know what I mean!
We should, if given the chance, elect to play the first leg away.

Or with their legs tied together,or play both legs at once

Johnswlondon (IP Logged)
28 February, 2017 16:25
It will be time soon to rest our best players for the play offs - cant afford for marshall, Mckibbin, Bell, Franks, de Chaves etc to get injured
Interesting few weeks as I guess some of the other players are being told whether they will be kept on if we get promotion or stay in that division as the rumours around incoming players gather momentum

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
28 February, 2017 16:40
Would you not want the first team to be playing regularly together John? Particularly as our backs haven't been very cohesive recently

bisach (IP Logged)
28 February, 2017 16:46
This season, after a week or so without a game, we've shown rustiness when returning. That is as a squad as a whole, not due only to squad rotation. From now, until the end of the season, there are no breaks and I think the management will still rotate players but, with their backups on the bench, the squad shouldn't show the rustiness which has resulted in problems.

Come on Irish, see the season out in style.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
28 February, 2017 17:52
Yep, there's B&I fixtures as well so the lads will get a break next week anyway

Alphacat (IP Logged)
28 February, 2017 19:18
Just put all of the rusty backs in the B&I qtr final and give the forwards the break instead!

Finno (IP Logged)
28 February, 2017 23:27
Quote:
Alphacat
Just put all of the rusty backs in the B&I qtr final and give the forwards the break instead!

Good call!!(Sm151)

HMRH (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 10:48
Looking ahead at remaining games I can see top 4 staying as is but will wait for Sunday before firming that up!!

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 15:10
Quote:
HMRH
Looking ahead at remaining games I can see top 4 staying as is but will wait for Sunday before firming that up!!

yep cant see anything other than Irish and Yorks 1 & 2 with Doncaster Trailfinders & Pirates fighting for the right to play them in the playoffs

HMRH (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 16:06
Doncaster and Ealing have enough wins in them to stay 3 and 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net