03 March, 2017 15:20

Re: Play Offs Scrapped!
HMRH (IP Logged)
03 March, 2017 16:33
Season too late!

Bazzo (IP Logged)
03 March, 2017 17:10
More crucial than ever to get promoted this year ! If Bristol come down this year with the money behind them.... they will go straight back up.

If this rule was in place this year we would be celebrating promotion in a few weeks. Instead we have to go through the torture of the last ever play off finals. Makes me mad actually.

tomthepom (IP Logged)
03 March, 2017 19:47
Quote:
Bazzo
If this rule was in place this year we would be celebrating promotion in a few weeks.

or even in 2 days (barring 1 point)

Heaf (IP Logged)
03 March, 2017 20:49
Typical - should have been this season ...

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
03 March, 2017 20:52
Found this mentioned on the Yorkshire board. Interesting comment.

"It is a 3 year agreement. What will happen at the end of the 19/20 season, is that when 2 teams will be promoted, nobody will be relegated, and we get our 14 team Premiership?"

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 19:48
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Found this mentioned on the Yorkshire board. Interesting comment.
"It is a 3 year agreement. What will happen at the end of the 19/20 season, is that when 2 teams will be promoted, nobody will be relegated, and we get our 14 team Premiership?"

The 14 team Premiership is a myth that circulates on these message boards, and has done so for so long that some now accept it as true, or even somehow inevitable. When the 14 team Premiership does finally happen I will ride my unicorn over to the end of the rainbow to collect my crock of gold.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 22:20
Monkey1 is a myth that circulates these message boards and will so as long as some accept it as true

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

CharlieG (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 10:43
Here a link to the statement on the RFU website: [www.englandrugby.com] . It states that it's a 3-year thing, but makes no reference to what happens after 3 years.

Regarding the 14-team premiership, didn't the league have 14 teams until about 2000. At which point it was reduced to 12 because 14 was seen as too many, causing problems for player welfare?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net