rugbyunion
Latest News:

Play-offs will not be easy
Dermot66 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 16:27
Great away wins today for both Ealing and Doncaster. A tough semi-final awaits whichever team we end up meeting.

Re: Play-offs will not be easy
Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 16:50
Yup if cornish or jersey sneak in as well will be a tough game

HMRH (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 16:58
Donnie away going to be a tough one in league.
, YC too. Rotherham should be ok and i think we will have too much for Jersey up front

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 17:33
No real surprises. Roth are just@#$%&and Scottish aren't much better. We just had an off day against them.

Horticbm (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 09:16
seems we have a lot of off-days, or performances are not exactly setting the rugby world on fire, even if we make the Premiership we will be favourites to return back to the Championship

HMRH (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 10:23
Moan moan moan so what let's at least get there! We know we need more players and we also know they won't be announced until later. Let's do it step by step , qualify. Win semi win final go up.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 17:20
Did anyone think that they would be?

JamboBris (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 20:29
I for one certainly hope you win them!

Rich. (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 14:33
I do as well but I have a sneaky Donny are timing their season nicely + as we know, the team with nothing to lose can often play at their best whereas the team with all to lose can sometimes freeze a bit. At least the 20 warm up will soon be over!

Hoopsy (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 14:50
Bris fan here ...it's scary stuff. Good luck though as the best side should always go up. Glad they have scrapped the PO s. I hated the torture !

HMRH (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 15:19
Having to play YC, Jersey and Donnie away in last 5 games is a good check of where we are. Despite Pat Sanderson and the YC message board we won a tough game in Leeds and although under pressure held out, injuries and weather and justbifs and buts. Donnie away will be a great measure

Shawshank (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 16:59
HMRH - to quote Jane Austen, it is a truth universally acknowledged that Pat Sanderson is a nob-head...(Sm1)

HMRH (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 19:10
Ha ha ha

Heaf (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 00:05
Indeed - I can't believe how they can't see that a system that can end up with a team topping the table by a huge margin having won all their league games and end up not being promoted is just stupid ...

Henry Ford (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 09:22
Quote:
Heaf
Indeed - I can't believe how they can't see that a system that can end up with a team topping the table by a huge margin having won all their league games and end up not being promoted is just stupid ...

They can...... that's why they are changing it. A year too late for us though.

Heaf (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 11:33
I was talking about the idiot Sanderson who was moaning about the change ... he thought it was great that a team could, as he put it, 'hijack the championship' from the top team at the last minute

Bristol_Fan (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 15:16
pat sanderson is one of the biggest idiots i've ever seen

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 15:28
It offers absolutely no value for a team to hijack the league at the last minute as they will have severely limited time and resources to prepare for the premiership and could potentially end up going the same way as Welsh did.

Also another note is everyone is assuming we will play YC in the Playoff final. They could very easily not make it there being as they have a long list of injuries and have lost 3 games on the bounce. Who's to say they will beat whoever they face in the semi.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 15:33
We also shouldn't assume that we will beat whoever we face in the semi. Ealing and Doncaster going very well.

HMRH (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 19:15
Irish v Doncaster final with Irish to go up having beaten Ealing in semi final

shaunp (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 21:40
Bris fan here in peace, Just want to wish you luck in the "Pray offs"
You are going to win the league so should go up.(where have i heard that before) as you know the premiership is a tough place, its was not having time to recruit players that would compete at the top level. when we were in your position we could not guarantee premiership rugby next season especiallyas we had cocked it up before. Good Luck with the rest of the season. WE WILL BE WATCHING !!(Sm42)

waltham (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 23:20
Quote:
shaunp
Bris fan here in peace, Just want to wish you luck in the "Pray offs"
You are going to win the league so should go up.(where have i heard that before) as you know the premiership is a tough place, its was not having time to recruit players that would compete at the top level. when we were in your position we could not guarantee premiership rugby next season especiallyas we had cocked it up before. Good Luck with the rest of the season. WE WILL BE WATCHING !!(Sm42)

the horror is to end up yo-yoing up and down. At the end of the day it'll be a mix of squad skills and money. Can we (if we win the playoffs) structure a truly competitive squad to be mid table in the Prem?...

(Sm159)

Crazy Harry (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 23:14
Hello,

Can anyone please tell what dates are the play-offs set for ? I apologise if this is listed on another post.

Regards

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 23:16
Semis 29th April, 6th may, finals 17th & 24th may

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2017 08:16 by Irish 'Stoker.

Crazy Harry (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 23:25
Thank you Irish Stoker.

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 12:29
Quote:
Heaf
I was talking about the idiot Sanderson who was moaning about the change ... he thought it was great that a team could, as he put it, 'hijack the championship' from the top team at the last minute

That might be because that's exactly what his beloved Worcester did in the 2012/13 season. In general terms (Exeter being a noteable exception) teams that benefit from the play-offs are very much in their favour - odd that. (Sm147)

Royalsfan (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 18:55
Quote:
Irish 'Stoker
Semis 29th April, 6th may, finals 17th & 24th may

Aren't those 'weekend of' and 'week commencing' type dates rather than confirmed specific dates. Until it is known who is playing and where then dates can't be confirmed. For example Reading have a home game on the 29th so that is not an option for a home leg.

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 21:14
I believe that the higher placed team get to choose which order the legs are played in so i am guessing we will be away first then home for the second leg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net