rugbyunion
Latest News:

Injuries
orsoncart (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 16:59
Hope that Tonks and Franks were taken off as a precaution, but JW looked serious to me.

Marshall was holding his right hand very gingerly as well.

We have had a pretty good run with injuries. Hope the wheel isn't going to turn now

Re: Injuries
Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 17:09
Marshalls hand is okay I think as he played on the whole game and think it was only a knock, likewise saw Tonks walking around after the game and Franks was an HIA. Williams however looked worrying....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2017 20:13 by Hugo.LI.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 17:13
Marshall said at the end of the game that the hand was fine. Franks I imagine was more of a precaution, as was Tonks. Johnny's looked very bad.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 17:19
Thought we wanted to play our best team to win the b and i?

Brutal tough game, rest all the players with knocks and wait for the playoffs. All that counts. We are still unbeaten, but these other teams like YC, Donny, Ealing all fancy a crack at us in the playoffs. Let's bring them on. Thought we showed real fight today.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 17:27
Yes will be a nice rest for the first team next week doubt we'll see any first team players, likewise with Yorkshire as they are struggling with injuries, hoping for a team of

Elrington
Gleave
Hoskins
Sexton
Llyod
Gilsenan
Koloamatangi
Nayalo

Allinson
Tonks (if he's okay)
Loader? (not many options)
M.Williams
Hearn
Fowlie if he's fit
Atkins

Porecki
Hobbs-Awoyemi
Chawatama
Mcnally
Trayfoot
Brand ( available?)
Neal

Quite hard thinking of a side where we can rest our first team players particularly in the backs, would we be allowed Parton and cokanasiga?

HMRH (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 17:31
Let's go get a new centre

Finno (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 19:43
Williams looked bad, looked a lot like what happened to O'Connell in that World Cup game against France, where he tore his hamstring off the bone..... Hopefully not!!!!

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 20:36
I think Theo, Joe and Rory will be with England next week. We might get Parton back as he's started every 6N game so far and they like to use the whole squad.

Based on injuries and Chawatama being cup tied, next week I'd go....

Atkins
Ojo
M.Williams
Hearn
Ransom
Parton
Allinson

Hobbs-Awoyemi
Porecki
Hoskins
Sexton
Lloyd
Narraway
Gilsenan
Koloamatangi

Gleave
Elrington
Palframan
Sinclair
Nayalo
Steele
Loader

Caimh (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 00:01
Palf is done for the season I'm afraid.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 02:16
I guess young Austin Hay on the bench then.

RodB (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 11:28
If Johnny Williams is out for any length of time, any thoughts on playing Theo and Marshall aa a 10/12 combo, Ford / Farrell stylee?

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 11:42
Too much of a risk for me given Theo's lack of game time & Marshal being our stand out 10.

Given that Lewi is back & Bell should be very soon, for me it would be:

10 Marshall
11 Ben
12 Ferg
13 Tiks
14 Lewi
15 Bell

RodB (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 12:44
That would be my call too, but there's opinions on here that Tiks isn't a 13, so was looking for alternatives, moving Fergus out to 13. Did we see theo at 12 last season at all, or did I imagine that?

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 12:54
No you didn't imagine it Rod, he played there in a cup game I think.

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 13:04
Hopefully Jonny isn't out too long (didn't look great though) but if he is i'd go with Mulchrone and tiks in the centres. We then have Hearn and possibly recall Neal from loan as cover.

HMRH (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 13:42
Let's go get the best centre from one of YC, Doncaster or Ealing

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 14:19
Quote:
HMRH

I did think that the best centre I've seen at 12 was Kiran Williams for the Ospreys Select, that's both home and away

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

Caimh (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 20:03
Quote:
HMRH

I presume you mean for next season?

waltham (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 20:55
Quote:
HMRH

Fantastic offer HMRH....good for you, willing to pay loads....I'm truly impressed..
(Sm128)(Sm152)(Sm152)

HMRH (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 21:19
Quote:
waltham
Quote:
HMRH

Fantastic offer HMRH....good for you, willing to pay loads....I'm truly impressed..
(Sm128)(Sm152)(Sm152)

Let's get the ball rolling then - who should we go for?

Greenboots (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 21:54
I would quite like to see Bell at 10 with Marshall 12 Fergus 13 and Ransom at full back. Much prefer tiks on the wing

BcSRob (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 12:16
While Williams was in real pain as he came off the field supported by two of the medical staff (I was sitting next to the tunnel) he could at least put his foot down whereas when O'Connell was injured he was stretchered off. It did look serious and I suspect he will be out for a few weeks. Hope I am wrong.

And from a conversation on Saturday I understand Bell is likely to be out for another 3-4 weeks. Just hope this was said as a note of caution and that he makes it back sooner.

Rob

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 12:49
Williams injury was down in front of me. I'm certainly no doctor, but given the amount of discomfort he was in, I wouldn't be surprised if that was him done for the season.

Hopefully it was less serious than it looked and that's not the case.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net