rugbyunion
Latest News:

Matt Symons on LI and relegation
John H (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 15:55
“It frustrated me massively that some of the playing group didn’t seem to understand the implications of their lack of performance, and if they weren’t putting the work in it was not just affecting them, but also other people within the organisation."

[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

Re: Matt Symons on LI and relegation
Shawshank (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 16:55
Matt certainly never gave less than 100%.

It's not too hard to work out who he is referring to...

(Sm159)

SirBurger (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 17:08
Really? I must be missing something. I know that a lot of our players were pretty rubbish last season (could name you lots of those), but I really do struggle to list many who I thought weren't trying.

Alphacat (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 17:38
Quote:
SirBurger
Really? I must be missing something. I know that a lot of our players were pretty rubbish last season (could name you lots of those), but I really do struggle to list many who I thought weren't trying.

I think SS might be referencing a certain Scottish international..

SirBurger (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 17:50
Ok, I had forgot about him! In his defence he has quite a lackadaisical style.

FrTed (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 18:12
Quite right Matt. It was obviously the captain's job to motivate these people. He must have been useless. Hang on, you were the Captain. Thanks for hanging around to fix the mess mate.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 18:20
Gutted to lose him. The new coaching set up with him as captain, would have been a great combination. He is venters type of guy, absolute workhorse

olw131 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 18:55
Quote:
FrTed
Quite right Matt. It was obviously the captain's job to motivate these people. He must have been useless. Hang on, you were the Captain. Thanks for hanging around to fix the mess mate.

The captain was a weird mixture of him and Narraway - in fact, mainly Narraway from the 2nd half of the season onwards. Pick and choose, pick and choose, etc. - Coventry was useless. Am glad we have a coaching team who somewhat know what they're doing now.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 19:00
Fr Ted - last season Skivs was club captain and then when he got injured Luke Narraway captained for most of the games. Matt may have a done a few early ones.

FrTed (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 21:11
OMG!! Call the Press Complaints Commission

Headline on the Coventry Telegraph link states "This time last year Matt Symons was captaining soon-to-be-relegated London Irish"

Atrocious journalism !

harristocratt (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 11:22
Don't the words 'some of the playing group' imply that he is claiming that the problems were down to more than our Scottish internatioal?

RodB (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 11:29
Do we really care what he's said? It's all a bit immaterial now.

DaveTVT (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 13:12
Nothing really groundbreaking here. Excellent player & one of those who you hoped wouldn't move on - but very hard to turn down a chance to play for a club like Wasps, so completely understand why he left.

echidna (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 15:05
Just another SS hobby horse (Sm120)

Pirate Queen (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 13:09
If what's been reported is accurate, I think it's poor form to criticise former colleagues in public. Unlike others, he didn't stick around to help put it right.

harristocratt (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 14:20
How many of the players who had just got us relegated were high on the wanted list of premiership clubs?

I suspct that most who stuck around did so because it was the best offer they were likely to get.

Florida (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 15:53
Quote:
Pirate Queen
If what's been reported is accurate, I think it's poor form to criticise former colleagues in public. Unlike others, he didn't stick around to help put it right.

Poor form to criticise former colleagues? Agreed. Not sticking around? Well, to be honest we don't know the situation, we might have been paying him too much and wanted him off our books. Who can say? However, I would ask this. If you joined somewhere, lets say a company rather than sporting team. Your first year there your find yourself in a scrap to survive, you embrace it and thrown everything you have at it, but find that your colleagues / management aren't quite as up to the task as you. Do you a. stay there and hope to turn things around, even though this would require management and a number of colleagues being dismissed which you can't guarantee happening and you may not actually be in a position to make a difference or b. find yourself employment elsewhere?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Irish Poll

What do you think of this poll?

See results > Submit >>