rugbyunion
Latest News:

Teams Up
Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 12:01
London Irish: 15 Ben Ransom, 14 Topsy Ojo, 13 Ciaran Hearn, 12 Ross Neal, 11 Matt Williams, 10 Jacob Atkins, 9 Darren Allinson, 1 Harry Elrington, 2 Todd Gleave, 3 Ollie Hoskins, 4 Will Lloyd, 5 Josh McNally, 6 Luke Narraway (c), 7 Conor Gilsenan, 8 Senitiki Nayalo

Replacements: 16 Dave Porecki, 17 Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi, 18 Austin Hay, 19 Jebb Sinclair, 20 Jerry Sexton, 21 Rory Brand, 22 Connor Murphy

Linky

Re: Teams Up
RodB (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 12:06
Two 9's on the bench? Hoped to see Koloamatangi in the mix; assume he's not got over his knock a couple of weeks ago. Good to see Gilsenan getting a run out.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 12:24
Nice to see Jebb back

DaveandEl (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 12:26
15 changes to last weeks starting line up, when did that last happen?.
Team looks weak in several areas but hopefully they will all 'step up to the plate'
Be interesting to see how many of last weeks Y C team have another run out.
Oh well the league is the priority so 1st team squad can be packed away in cotton wool for a week

10 March, 2017 12:32
YC Team:

15. Stevie McColl
14. Tom Arscott
13. Oli Goss (c)
12. Warren Seals
11. Taylor Prell
10. Sam Allan
9. Max Green

1. Matt Beesley
2. Mike Mayhew
3. Sione Faletau
4. Dean Schofield
5. Matt Smith
6. Lewis Wilson
7. Josh Bainbridge
8. Brandon Staples

16. Jordon Poole
17. Charlie Beech
18. James Thraves
19. Dan Sanderson
20. Guy Borrowdale
21. Harry Davey
22. Louis Brown

Three of last week's starting 15, starting this week. So also a fair amount of rotation.

DaveandEl (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 12:35
Yorkshire Carnegie make 12 changes to last weeks team.
Only Mike Mayhew (ex L I), Max Green (scrum half) and Tom Arnscott (who will flatten him this week?) survive.
Depends which team can gel best, and who has a reliable kicker!

KeithJ (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 12:40
I think Carnegie have 3 of the starting 15 from last week named in the starting 15 this week.

HMRH (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 12:40
Win or lose Pat Sanderson will think Leeds will be happy

dooj106 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 13:16
Quote:
RodB
Two 9's on the bench? Hoped to see Koloamatangi in the mix; assume he's not got over his knock a couple of weeks ago. Good to see Gilsenan getting a run out.

Since not willing to play Marshall or Bell and with Tonks injured and Theo with U.20's, guessing lack of cover is because we don't have another 10.

Am too a little disappointed not to see Koloamatangi, but agreed good to see Connor and Jebb back

TheRealBigEasy
TheRealBigEasy (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 15:23
20 quid to watch that?

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 16:09
Team is pretty much as I expected it to be, knock out rugby time so let's get behind the boys and cheer them on to the semi

Re: TheRealBigEasy
Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 16:14
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy
20 quid to watch that?

I'm not quite sure what you mean?

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 16:27
I think he means that's a fair bit of money for an A game.

10 March, 2017 16:47
We've been playing a similar team in the B&I all season (and a few even weaker than this). Can hardly be a surprise to anyone at this point. It's a development competition for us and YC.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 17:21
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy
20 quid to watch that?

I think he means it's £20 a ticket.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 17:48
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy
20 quid to watch that?

You can get an adult unreserved ticket for £14

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 17:58
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy
20 quid to watch that?

You can get an adult unreserved ticket for £14

And irrespective of that, that's the team we support, featuring players putting their bodies on the line for the club, and people are whinging about £20 when it's cheaper than pretty much anywhere else that you can sit and watch a game in this league.

I've got to be honest, that's not what I call "support".

Jonny_C (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 18:35
Ben Ransom at full back, has he played this position before for Irish.

Thought he is a winger ?

Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 18:39
Quote:
Jonny_C
Ben Ransom at full back, has he played this position before for Irish.
Thought he is a winger ?
He used to play full back for Sarries and has played there for us 2/3 times this season

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 19:03
Played there last week when Tonks went off, I'm excited to see him and Williams with a bit of space

Shawshank (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 19:14
I predict that tomorrow's attendance will the lowest in LI's professional history.

They should have made it free for ST holders, as a thank-you for standing by the club in it's hour of need.

Probably 1,500 or so.

10 March, 2017 22:44
Quote:
Shawshank
I predict that tomorrow's attendance will the lowest in LI's professional history.
They should have made it free for ST holders, as a thank-you for standing by the club in it's hour of need.

Probably 1,500 or so.

Agreed. Hopefully the Champ playoffs will be free for ST holders

mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 23:34
We all have different expectations how to spend a Saturday afternoon and its impact on our team.

I will be there"....

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

Bazzo (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 01:18
Quote:
Shawshank

Probably 1,500 or so.

You want the club, who are paying the players (assume they are all professional?) and are paying Reading football club for the ground, staff etc...... to let you in for free?

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 09:19
[quote London Irish 'til I die][quote Shawshank]I predict that tomorrow's attendance will the lowest in LI's professional history.

Probably 1,500 or so.[/quote]

Agreed. Hopefully the Champ playoffs will be free for ST holders[/

As a season ticket holder I don't mind paying for a ticket that isn't included on our ST. The club make it clear that league games and group stage of b&i are included in the ST. The club don't have an obligation to make extras "free". This is a business after all. We will b charged to attend the playoffs as this isn't included, if your not happy with this then watch the playoffs on tv, simples.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

waltham (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 09:36
Wot Dave says

Steve@nagshead (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 10:05
Wot Dave & Waltham said !

Shawshank (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 10:11
I doubt that many would expect the play-off games to be free, or indeed the semi and final of the B&I Cup if we get that far.

But with the fact that today is virtually an A game, and up against the crucial England v Scotland 6Nations game, the crowd is likely to be so small, it would have been a nice gesture to ST holders to make today free to try to tempt some more to come along...

TheRealBigEasy (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 10:25
Wot SS says

CharlieG (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 11:09
I've had an ST since 2003, and I've been to a fair number of not-included knock-out matches in that time, but I do feel that the B&I quarter final is not a great priority.

Had the match been tomorrow, it wouldn't have 'competed' with the 6Ns, so I would probably have gone. As it is I will be watching the 6N matches from the comfort of my sofa, and tuning in to LI via twitter.

I really don't see why people would expect it to be free to ST holders, as this was clearly implied in the ST 'contract'.

I do remember the HC quarter final vs Perpignan, when LI did give free car parking to car parking season ticket holders, but the seats had to be paid for. That would be a nice gesture for the play-off home semi, and more relevant than anything do to with the B&I cup.

Caimh (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 11:56
When you say 'the club' here SS - what you actually mean is the investors who are already sinking millions of pounds of their own money into the club to keep it going. We get charged for every person who is in the stadium. You'd like for them to pay for you to sit there and watch a game of rugby.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 12:14
If I was an owner of LI I would be trying desperately to build some good feeling of loyalty from the Reading4, seeing as we are ditching Reading shortly, and moving to Brentford.

The cost of free entry to ST holders today would be relatively small.

The goodwill engendered would be considerable.

DaveandEl (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 12:18
The club have confirmed that car park passes ARE valid today even though that was not part of the original deal.

Paul_D (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 18:58
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy
20 quid to watch that?

If you didn't go because you didn't want to waste your money all I can say is you missed a great game today. Best 20 quid I've spent in a long while!
Every player out there gave 110%. Atkins was well deserved motm. Great to see Jeb return and score minutes after coming on. We never looked like losing, despite Yorkshire putting in a big shift themselves. This bunch of academy lads are our future and I was immensely proud of them today.
Sorry for the positivity.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 19:36
Thought it was a great game, we played some good rugby. Dry ball suits us better, McNally is going to be a very good player for us. Home for the England game. Really enjoyed the game and nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Not in ST price and will be at the semi final to see if this young team can get to the final

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 20:16
Quote:
Paul_D
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy
20 quid to watch that?

If you didn't go because you didn't want to waste your money all I can say is you missed a great game today. Best 20 quid I've spent in a long while!
Every player out there gave 110%. Atkins was well deserved motm. Great to see Jeb return and score minutes after coming on. We never looked like losing, despite Yorkshire putting in a big shift themselves. This bunch of academy lads are our future and I was immensely proud of them today.
Sorry for the positivity.

Yep, agree 100% with Paul. The young lads did us proud today, shame on the small turnout.

11 March, 2017 20:32
Personally I would have gone half way between free and £20. Give season ticket holders a discount to reward their loyalty. All 4 members of the PANS family were in attendance today. I think the teenage daughter came just because it was costing me money. She is not usually bothered when the game is included in her season ticket that I also pay for.

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 21:57
Quote:
Ozzy3213
And irrespective of that, that's the team we support, featuring players putting their bodies on the line for the club, and people are whinging about £20 when it's cheaper than pretty much anywhere else that you can sit and watch a game in this league.

I've got to be honest, that's not what I call "support".

Ooooh! Do we have a new TRUE SUPPORTER (TM)?

As it happens brought two of the boy's friends neither of whom have been to a live Rugby match before & despite the absence of Griff helping them out with advice on the laws they've begged to come back!

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 09:49
Best game I've watched at home this season (having missed the Notts game). I and others around me thought that our backs were sharper than usual and that we actually had some continuity in attack. Neal looks in good form to step up following the injury to Johnny Williams and Atkins had a great game for a first start. Definitely worth the £20.

M51 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 13:01
Worth every penny and a great performance from the team as a whole.(Sm152)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Irish Poll

What do you think of this poll?

See results > Submit >>