rugbyunion
Latest News:

Wales v Ireland spoiler alert
HMRH (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 22:46
Cracking game really impressed by several players. Webb edged Murray but what a difference Sexton makes. Best unlikely to make Lions at this rate , Stander and Sean OB less influential. Warburton excellent and good to see Welsh backs firing

Set up for tomorrow- Come on England

Re: Wales v Ireland spoiler alert
Shawshank (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 07:59
Warburton was immense, not sure how Webb got MOTM. Halfpenny was a bit better, but still way down on any Lions form.

I thought Stander was easily the best of Irish forwards, he seemed to be doing the work of 2 as O'Brien was pretty anonymous.

Poor play from Henshaw. Barnes had no option as it was bang in front of him...

TAFKA hH (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 08:10
Great game. Really enjoyed it and was especially delighted to see George North Firing again. Yeah! for sure Best had a poor game but I would still have him as the Lions test hooker, after all, a week ago North didn't look like he'd make the plane, now he looks nailed on to start.

I personally think that Irelands hit and miss form is down to Joe Schmidt. Comprehensively out thought yesterday. And surely the brightest young coach around is Alex King..... The set plays the Welsh girls are coming up with these days are breathtaking.

British and Irish rugby looks to be in rude health coming into the NZ tour. Dare I say it? maybe the best chance ever to get one over the AB's

Nick4219 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 09:09
It was a great game to watch and probably the best game so far in the tournament.

I thought Sean O Brien and CJ Stander (apart from his bulldozing run in the first half) were fairly anonymous for much of the game, this in part is probably down to the work that Tipuric and Warburton were doing.

I don't think Best is the nailed on Lions captain as he seemed a bit lost when Wales got ahead. I personally thought North was worthy of a man of the match and answered his critics with two well taken tries and much better defence.

I think everything is still up for grabs in terms of Lions selections and here's hoping to a complete England performance today against Scotland and hopefully another Championship!

tomthepom (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 13:20
I agree Barnes made a good call…

Huge game in Dublin I imagine the hosts will be licking their lips at the prospect of p1ssing on the champions' grand-slam/record-breaking parade…

One last query about Friday - why did the Irish agree to the roof being closed?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Irish Poll

What do you think of this poll?

See results > Submit >>