rugbyunion
Latest News:

B&I semis and final
11 March, 2017 20:21
Wikipedia says that we play the semifinal at the Madstad against Jersey Reds on Sunday 2nd of April. The other semi will be Munster A or Ulster A against Ealing, who destroyed Scarlets today.

Does anyone know where the final would be?

Re: B&I semis and final
Royalsfan (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 21:23
I read somewhere that the final is played at the ground of one of the finalists, IIRC the comment was that it is decided by the organisers based on which would get the biggest crowd.....

mackemII (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 05:45
Quote:
Royalsfan
I read somewhere that the final is played at the ground of one of the finalists, IIRC the comment was that it is decided by the organisers based on which would get the biggest crowd.....

Wikipedia has detailed stats for 2015-16 competition which includes average attendances. The final was played at Headingley between Yorkshire Carnegie and London Welsh, Carnegie's average attendance prior to the final was greater than London Welsh.

Alphacat (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 06:35
That doesn't seem particularly fair

mackemII (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 07:40
Quote:
Alphacat
That doesn't seem particularly fair

Agreed, however London Welsh won and in the previous season, Worcester beat Doncaster at Doncaster. If we reach the final, guess who the home team will be?(Sm124)

corporalcarrot (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 11:32
Quote:
Props are not stupid
Wikipedia says that we play the semifinal at the Madstad against Jersey Reds on Sunday 2nd of April. The other semi will be Munster A or Ulster A against Ealing, who destroyed Scarlets today.
Does anyone know where the final would be?
The final should be at St Peter as long as Jersey beat your lads two weekends in a row.

Don't kick it pick it up and GO FORWARD

tomthepom (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 13:28
there's supposed to be an announcement tomorrow (mon) confirming the SF draw. as a general rule of thumb it's best not to place too much faith in wikipedia, and booking travel ahead of official confirmation is something to be done at one's own risk. i'm pretty certain that the 'club with highest average crowd hosts final' theory is untrue...

Neale Harvey (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 13:52
I heard last week that Ealing will travel to Ireland for their semi. I'd imagine final will be played at Irish or Jersey with the hope it's Irish v an Irish side. Jersey may have something to say about that!

HMRH (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 16:06
which would give us Ealing - the hardest of the draws I imagine

tomthepom (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 16:47
Munster 'A' qualified for semis with 26-3 win in Cork v Ulster 'A'

DaveandEl (IP Logged)
13 March, 2017 12:56
The clubs official website has a match report from Saturday's game.
It states that we are now at home to Jersey Reds, - I'm sure the club must have been informed of this by the organising committee as opposed to Wikipedia!.

BcSRob (IP Logged)
13 March, 2017 15:11
The programme from last Saturday states (on p34) we are home to the winner of the Jersey v Pirates game - and hence Jersey - on Sunday 2nd April kick off tbc.

On the same page there is a statement that our home leg of the semi-final in the Championship play-off is likely to be Saturday May 6th.

Rob

13 March, 2017 20:28
Home to Jersey confirmed. Dates: Fri 31 March - Sun 2 April

HMRH (IP Logged)
14 March, 2017 07:17
We all know it's Jersey on 2 April everyone as club site says so. I think question we really want to know is where we would play final if we qualify. I say if because in 2 weeks time Jersey could be out of the hunt for the play offs so they would probably target the B&I cup whereas we will be focussed on play offs

RodB (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 11:08
Now confirmed on the offy as Sunday 2nd with a 2:00pm kickoff .

paddym (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 21:56
Quote:
HMRH
We all know it's Jersey on 2 April everyone as club site says so. I think question we really want to know is where we would play final if we qualify. I say if because in 2 weeks time Jersey could be out of the hunt for the play offs so they would probably target the B&I cup whereas we will be focussed on play offs

Apparently if Munster and LI qualify for final it will be held in Waterford.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net