rugbyunion
Latest News:

Have we ever...
waltham (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 17:31
Scored as many tries in a single half as today?

Re: Have we ever...
Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 17:57
Some of the Amlib games where we scored 70 or 80?

DaveandEl (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 19:17
Finest first half display all season.
Shame Brendan Venter text them at half time and asked them to see how good they could defend in the second half!
Bodes well for the back end of the season as the pitches start to dry out.
Great to see Lewi back on fire, great try, always looking to get involved

Ps saw Jonny Williams arriving at the ground, he confirmed he is out for 4 months.☹️

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 19:20
That second half display will help us a lot more when it comes to the play offs as opposed to just running away with it and putting 60 points on them. Need to be challenged and tested. Gutted about Williams, not sure what out best centre combination is now?

waltham (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 21:48
Quote:
DaveandEl
Finest first half display all season.
Shame Brendan Venter text them at half time and asked them to see how good they could defend in the second half!
Bodes well for the back end of the season as the pitches start to dry out.
Great to see Lewi back on fire, great try, always looking to get involved

Ps saw Jonny Williams arriving at the ground, he confirmed he is out for 4 months.☹️
we had an argument/debate along the same line....

Mahasamatman (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 22:02
It may well help us in the playoffs but can we spare a thought for those of us that attended the game today and had a less than stellar day out? Sitting to the right of the dugout on the 22 I saw quite a few kickoff receptions and Paicey's excellent break. Oh and Topsy's second in the far corner.

Unfortunately the first six tries were scored at the other end of the pitch and because we spent most of the second half practicing our defensive patterns, allegedly, 95% of the second half play was down that end of the pitch as well. So I spent an enjoyable afternoon chatting with some friends I've not seen for a while but not a lot of it watching any Rugby, which was kind of the point of the day.

On a positive note, I did come away with a reasonable assessment of the state of the pitch and an opinion that the linesmen/referees assistants/touch judges must be big fans of the local pie shops due to the wear on the near touchline.

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 22:08
Shame for the crowd that it wasn't the other way around by as I sit at the north end glad it was this way!!

Shawshank (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 06:37
The first half showed what we can do with a positive mind-set and a determination to run the ball, rather than kick it.

Why did we in the second half revert to type by kicking away any scrap of possession that came our way?

Yes, Pirates were much better after half-time, but to only get into their 25 on one occasion, for the Topsy try, was pretty disappointing...

millhillexile (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 09:47
Valid points there SS.
Thought the difference was our back 3 both in attack and defence. Ben and Topsy had their best games of the season and Alex is back. They took their chances well, Topsy coped with the high ball every time and put in some decent tackles and Bens runs / return kicking to touch got distance.
Spare a thought for their No11 who probably had nightmares last night after that tackle from Tiks. He is a butter fingers but when his tackles connect...wow.

Jonny_C (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 18:22
What happened to the conversion lkicks?
2 from 7. Were they from difficult positions ?

M51 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 18:34
Mostly Wide out and definitely very windy...(Sm136)

Alphacat (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 23:22
Reminded me of that game vs Newcastle a few of years back where we went 40 up in the first half and didn't get anything in the second.

The game

bisach (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 16:49
Highlights are now available.

Alex Lewington's try which made it 29 - 0 is a thing of beauty.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 16:58
Thought all of our try's were very well worked, great to see

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:37
Quote:
bisach
Highlights are now available.
Alex Lewington's try which made it 29 - 0 is a thing of beauty.

I agree, maybe one for try of the season/competition.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Florida (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 21:00
First and second tries for me, the hands, oh lord the hands were awesome. I couldn't tell you what the rest were like as i was unable to see from grinning too much.

Clontarf (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 16:14
Wasn't at the game. Have just seen the highlights on LITV. The first half was amazing. Hopefully some folk will be tempted to come back for our play off semi and, hopefully, final.
I'm sure the team must feed off having a proper crowd in the ground.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Irish Poll

What do you think of this poll?

See results > Submit >>