rugbyunion
Latest News:

Brendan Venter confirmed as new South Africa defence coach
John H (IP Logged)
02 April, 2017 18:18
[www.skysports.com]

Does it mean he will have no further input to LI?

Re: Brendan Venter confirmed as new South Africa defence coach
Steelman (IP Logged)
02 April, 2017 18:28
Yes, maybe a card at Christmas,but probably not a soppy one...

02 April, 2017 20:39
Let's be honest he hasn't done much. At the beginning of the season I thought we'd play the Venter way in every game but I've only seen that in about 5 or less games...

Shawshank (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 01:51
But he and Catty did bring a dramatic improvement to Italy's play...(Sm105)

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 21:40
Venter just tweeted 'i love my time at London Irish and will definitely stay involved as long as nick and the boys want me'

HMRH (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 06:47
There must come a time when Dr. V cannot coach 2 internationals sides in defence given that he knows the approach and plans of both?

Hope he makes a pre play off visit to LI

05 April, 2017 09:49
He's got three part time jobs now (possibly four if he still has his doctor surgery), each of those possibly pay significantly more than my full time job. He is the George Osborne of the rugby world.

Henry Ford (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 11:03
Quote:
London Irish 'til I die
Let's be honest he hasn't done much. At the beginning of the season I thought we'd play the Venter way in every game but I've only seen that in about 5 or less games...

Yeah, it's amazing that he has helped the boys to the top of the Championship and so many teams in world rugby want him. He hasn't done much....

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 12:23
I think the Dr gave us a platform, the new coaching staff a game plan to start the season, giving them time to learn and develope their own strategy, we also gained confidence from having him on board.

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 13:01
He is no longer with Italy, just us and the Boks.

Henry Ford (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 13:15
The man bleeds Green !

CharlieG (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 13:33
Quote:
Ozzy3213
He is no longer with Italy, just us and the Boks.

According to [www.planetrugby.com] his job with the Boks isn't permanent, and he is still with Italy, but isn't doing the summer tour.

05 April, 2017 19:20
Quote:
Henry Ford
Quote:
London Irish 'til I die

Yeah, it's amazing that he has helped the boys to the top of the Championship and so many teams in world rugby want him. He hasn't done much....

Sorry- what I meant with my post is that his short term impact has been quite minimal and I haven't really noticed it. I'm sure we will begin to see it come more into place in the long term and he will be a crucial asset to our Premiership campaign. Sorry if my post offended you

Henry Ford (IP Logged)
06 April, 2017 08:44
Quote:
London Irish 'til I die
Quote:
Henry Ford
Quote:
London Irish 'til I die

Sorry- what I meant with my post is that his short term impact has been quite minimal and I haven't really noticed it. I'm sure we will begin to see it come more into place in the long term and he will be a crucial asset to our Premiership campaign. Sorry if my post offended you

No need to apologise, it did not offend me at all. You are entitled to your opinion. I just happen to disagree with the statement "Let's be honest he hasn't done much" either in the short term or long term. The impact that I have noticed is that we are top of he league.....Fact.

I assume that Dr V is involved with all decisions on the team we play and will be getting ready for the crucial playoffs. There is no one in rugby that I would rather be with us, either at training or at the end of a phone for Nick and the other coaches. He is one of the leading rugby brains in the world, his record needs no defending by me. I am just glad that he is still with us as everyone else seems to want him. I am sure that he is not here for huge financial reward, he is here because this is London Irish, it means something to him.

HMRH (IP Logged)
06 April, 2017 08:51
We need Venter as much as we can

John H (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 13:01
According to today's Rugby Paper, he intends to continue his involvement with LI alongside his SA job. He watches every game, talks with Nick every week and spends one day a month with LI

SirBurger (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 13:27
Nick also said that if we do get promoted Brendan will be spending even more time with us.

NMB (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 13:59
That is very good news

bigbitty (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 14:20
Quote:
SirBurger
Nick also said that if we do get promoted Brendan will be spending even more time with us.

Jeez - the negativity on this board! If? If?

(Sm100)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net