rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions
03 April, 2017 15:17
Some fans are upset by the two recent defeats and other fans are upset by the fact that other people are upset because of the results. Here's my view: we know it's not great that we lost and of course winning every game would've been ideal, but we can't do anything about it as fans. However, we are all allowed an opinion and for some fans to be told on Twitter that they should (insert word here) off because they're annoyed at the result is wrong.

We all deserve an opinion and we would like the club to listen to us. Wether you're annoyed or you don't mind about the results, please don't get irritated at other fans because of they're opinion.

Re: Opinions
DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 15:40
Some people seem to forget that the only reason we voice our opinions is because we care.

frank2u (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 16:44
I was embarrassed, rather than upset at the supporters around me, baying for the ref's blood, especially when there were junior school youngsters about, who then imitated the 'adults' vitriol.

Yes, I was unclear as to a number of his decisions, more so than at most games, particularly the farce of scrummaging which started the game & continued throughout.
But the abuse was way out of order, for someone trying to do a job, however badly

...& the crescendo when Ransom was injured was absurd & cringe worthy!
The ref was following the play across the other side of the pitch & there were 3 physics attending the injury; what was the ref supposed to do then, play had stopped & he hadn't seen the consequence of the incident at all, the ball moved quickly away

that's my opinion; as for the game, Jersey had picked a very strong team & deserved to win against our youngsters, we were thoroughly out muscled. end of

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 17:46
Quote:
London Irish 'til I die
Some fans are upset by the two recent defeats and other fans are upset by the fact that other people are upset because of the results. Here's my view: we know it's not great that we lost and of course winning every game would've been ideal, but we can't do anything about it as fans. However, we are all allowed an opinion and for some fans to be told on Twitter that they should (insert word here) off because they're annoyed at the result is wrong.
We all deserve an opinion and we would like the club to listen to us. Wether you're annoyed or you don't mind about the results, please don't get irritated at other fans because of they're opinion.

Being annoyed that we lost is fine. Being upset that we lost is fine. Having an opinion contrary to others is fine, in fact if put across sensibly it's positively encouraged, after all we all love a good discussion/debate about our team.

Slagging off players, coaches and the club, particularly with false claims and no evidence to support what's being said is in my opinion not on.

We lost. We were all gutted to varying degrees. You can still be constructive in those circumstances and I've not really got time for those ranting irrationally.

Clontarf (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 21:07
Frank2u

Spot on, totally agree.

frank2u (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 21:35
Great Clontarf, I'm sure there were many who felt the same too; actually I feel more sorry for those who got caught up in the lynch mob mentality.

Here's to a bit of sanity in the playoffs
(a more adept/communicative ref would help, so we can see & enjoy some rugby?)
(Sm128)

peejay (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 09:59
My opinions for what it's worth.
As as supporter of a club, I feel perfectly entitled to make comments, hopefully more constructive, rather than slagging off the ref and having a completely unbalanced view on game incidents, a big hit against us dangerous - a big hit by our players worthy of applause.
I do feel that the team is losing some momentum when it should be reaching its peak. Maybe this is down to the inexperience of the coaching staff. Nick, Dec and Dodge great players and servants of Irish but pretty raw at top level coaching. They may turn out to be great coaches of the future but a more experienced head around the place might well help. Mr Ford senior is out of work?
Bob has gone, again an inspirational player and captain, but walking into a senior role as CEO with no previous experience - cartainly not how I'd run a business of my own. Good luck to Bob in Ireland but I see this as an opportunity to recruit well.
If the club can mix experience in with the existing set up, then I'm optimistic for the future.

04 April, 2017 10:28
Some supporters are upset by being called fans.

Finno (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 11:49
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, be that good, bad or outrageous ! If you don't like the opinion, just ignore it !

In my view, usually the more controversial the view, the more people care about the Club and our success. Apart from the couple of 'wind up merchants' that periodically surf this site.

What really irks me is the sanctimonious ramblings of the 'Green Eyed' 'Happy Clappy' brigade that that seem to look 'down their nose' at anyone who dares to make a critical comment about the team, officials or the Club in general. Somehow these people can't be True Supporters (TM), if they make an honest comment(in their view) about any of the above.
In many ways, they are just as bad as the ones that make the outrageous comments !

At the end of the day, this is an entertainment business, and we pay to be entertained. If you pay, you're entitled to your opinion !

There....got that off my chest !

Henry Ford (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 12:21
Quote:
Finno
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, be that good, bad or outrageous ! If you don't like the opinion, just ignore it !
In my view, usually the more controversial the view, the more people care about the Club and our success. Apart from the couple of 'wind up merchants' that periodically surf this site.

What really irks me is the sanctimonious ramblings of the 'Green Eyed' 'Happy Clappy' brigade that that seem to look 'down their nose' at anyone who dares to make a critical comment about the team, officials or the Club in general. Somehow these people can't be True Supporters (TM), if they make an honest comment(in their view) about any of the above.
In many ways, they are just as bad as the ones that make the outrageous comments !

At the end of the day, this is an entertainment business, and we pay to be entertained. If you pay, you're entitled to your opinion !

There....got that off my chest !

I agree to a large extent about what you say. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion, but if I am honest (and I don't go to every game, only about half our home games is all I can get to), I am sometimes afraid to voice an opinion because people get very aggressive and dare I say, not very friendly about opinions that they disagree with.

I have always concluded that no matter what some people will never be happy. If a price goes up a penny, we should stay in Reading, we should move to Brentford, we should not kick so much, we should kick more, we should play our best team all the time, our coaches are too inexperienced, our CEO was too inexperienced ( I could go on.....)

We lose one league game all season and doom descends. We should sign super star players, we should go out and get Mike Ford (He will be used to our salary levels from Bath and Toulon in fairness). Not a criticism honestly, just an observation that 90% of people on this board who contribute regularly are not happy and never will be. That's just my opinion mind, I could be wrong.

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 12:23
Quote:
...& the crescendo when Ransom was injured was absurd & cringe worthy!
The ref was following the play across the other side of the pitch & there were 3 physics attending the injury; what was the ref supposed to do then, play had stopped & he hadn't seen the consequence of the incident at all, the ball moved quickly away

Exactly, no way we should have stopped play. if the ball had stayed in the area or looked like it was coming back there then maybe necessary, but if we start stopping every time someone goes down we will be there all night!

Strom (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 13:06
Quote:
Finno

^^ This. (Sm152)

Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 14:12
Wuss fan here. We lost twice to Jersey - Once in the league and once pre-season.

The Reds are really no mugs home or away. They are particularly hard to beat on their own patch when that wind picks up.

Look at it as a reality check for your Premiership return next season.

Just enjoy the ride (Sm14)

Babs O (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 14:55
Out of interest, where in the terms and conditions of being a paid supporter/fan/customer does it promise any semblance of entertainment at any game involving London Irish?

LLL (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 17:02
It only seems to go off the rails online though. Never in all these years have I heard people fall out about differences of opinion at the match. People seem to keep each other a bit grounded when face to face, but on line, not so much. As for the right to entertainment, isnt the interpretation of entertainment subjective? Some people love a good old moan.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 17:37
Opinions are good.

But I can't see why anyone should get too het up over a narrow loss in an utterly irrelevant match.

The semi final would be a different kettle of poisson.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 17:42 by Shawshank.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net