rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Squad re-signings
bigbitty (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 17:02
Just had my email of the Craic - apparently the club will be announcing 9 squad re-signings this week. No details yet of whom.

Re: Squad re-signings
Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 18:23
Players who I think might be currently out of contract so could get a new deal are....

Court
Smallbone?
Ellis?
Chawatama
Mcnally
Robson
Narraway
Gilsenan
Koloamatangi
Mckibbin
Tonks?
Tiks
Neal?
Ojo?
Ransom

Question marks around those who im uncertain if out of contract

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2017 18:24 by Hugo.LI.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 18:33
McNally is definitely staying next year.

dooj106 (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 18:38
I believe Tiks, Smallbone have another year left. I am assuming Ransom signed on more than a one year contract. Not sure on Tonks or Neal. Believe the rest are out of contract.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 18:52
Neal and Tonks are out of contract, I believe. Can't find anything to suggest Ransom signed more than a one year contract.

Robson would be the first name I'd look for with re-signings. Would be great to keep an experienced guy like him.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 19:13
Good news about Mcnally, would like Robson, Ransom and Chawatama to all sign on for sure

Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 20:36
From what I remember Lewington signed a 2 year contact 2 years ago in the summer so he'll also be out of contract

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 20:44
Did a little bit of research and Lewington is contracted till end of 2017/18 season. So I suspect if we get relegated again next year then he will move on!

dooj106 (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 23:19
I also believe Jonny Williams is out of contract. If so, him along with Robson would be top of my re-sign list closely followed by McKibbin

04 April, 2017 07:16
Pretty sure Williams is contracted until the end of next season.

Caimh (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 11:57
Williams and Lewi are definitely under contract for next season.

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 13:18
RAnsom came in initially as injury cover on a 6 month deal to cover Lewi.

Assume it has been extended but don't know if beyond the end of the season already?

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 14:53
Topsy and McKibbin are the 1st 2

04 April, 2017 14:55
No durations mentioned

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 14:56
The email said 3 to be announced today so 1 more left.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

04 April, 2017 15:31
Tonks is the 3rd

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 15:38
3 experienced players who all set a very good example for the club. I think all 3 of them will be very useful in developing our academy lads. Happy days!

ardoyneirish (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 15:40
Glad Brendan has been signed up, in my view the best 9 we have had since Dodge, Topsy and Tonks you would expect won't be in the starting 15 for next season...

04 April, 2017 15:40
I do wish they'd give people a clue with contract lengths. Makes it hard to keep track of potential comings and goings.

TheRealBigEasy (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 15:41
Not looking to set the prem on fire then.

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 16:02
TRBE, behave 😉These are resignings..... they were never going to increase the strength of the squad......

If we go up then we have to hope there are some more that will at least make us competitive, although I would argue that Marshall and Bell are improvements over the form our 10'a and full back showed last year.

so the aim will be to add enough to compete, as Foggy always used to say regularly , 11th is good anything else is a bonus. I think that will really apply if in the perm next year!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 16:02 by Jon_r43.

stnick88 (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 16:10
Thought Ojo would hang up his boots. think he will struggle if we go up. he is the sort of player you want around the club though as is a club legend and can help the youngsters.

McKibbin is a good bit of business.

Tonks i best stay quiet on or i might upset some people.

Henry Ford (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 16:36
Good business for me.

McKibbin has shown that he is a top level player, glad he is staying.

Tonks can cover 10 and 15 with Marshall, Bell and TBC coming through. Great depth which is what we will need. One of our harsh lesson last year was Shane and Noakes getting injured, Goode not staying. Having real cover at 10 now is important. All good kickers.

Topsy is only 31 and will be a leader in the squad, might not be first choice, but a class back up and dare I say.... he deserves it.

Think that is not bad business

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 16:54
I think recently topsy has been playing very well and deserves his extension, a good mentor for the youngsters I'm sure he'll work with the academy next year

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 18:54
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy

I bet you're a barrell of laughs at a party.

Go on, try to enjoy being a London Irish supporter, I dare you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 19:42 by Ozzy3213.

Florida (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 19:19
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy

Go on, try to enjoy being a London Irish supporters, I dare you.

Challenge accepted. I'm not at all surprised about McKibben, very pleased all the same. Have a look at the game against Cornish, look at how passionate he is every time we get a score. He's pumped, that energy and enthusiasm is great to see.

Pleased about Tonks and Topsy too, good solid players. Apart from a couple of defensive alignment issues this year Topsy has been solid and he's now working with the academy lads, which is great news. Tonks is another solid player, can cover 10/15 and brings experience to the shirt to help with our younger 10s / 15s

countydown (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 21:02
Has any body heard anymore of Connor Murphy! Seemed a good future scrumpy from the academy.

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 21:20
Connors been spending time on loan at Rotherham over the last few weeks, assume he wont be available for them on Saturday!

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 21:51
Do we think Connor will still be with us next season?

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 22:26
I've not heard anything official about Connor but I don't think he'll be her next year.

waltham (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 22:56
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy

Go on, try to enjoy being a London Irish supporters, I dare you.

Challenge accepted. I'm not at all surprised about McKibben, very pleased all the same. Have a look at the game against Cornish, look at how passionate he is every time we get a score. He's pumped, that energy and enthusiasm is great to see.

Pleased about Tonks and Topsy too, good solid players. Apart from a couple of defensive alignment issues this year Topsy has been solid and he's now working with the academy lads, which is great news. Tonks is another solid player, can cover 10/15 and brings experience to the shirt to help with our younger 10s / 15s

(Sm152)

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 23:36
Three players who aren't good enough for premiership rugby, whose next to sign - David Paice?

Looking forward to being relegated back to the championship this time next season.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 00:09
Quote:
Ajax Treesdown
Three players who aren't good enough for premiership rugby, whose next to sign - David Paice?
Looking forward to being relegated back to the championship this time next season.

Ta dah.

Fishing quota's are getting low?

SirBurger (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 08:16
Or perhaps these signings are there to fill the squad and more announcements about first team starters will be made if promotion is secured?

TheRealBigEasy (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 08:35
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy

There was me thinking I was allowed my opinion.

Florida (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 09:04
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy

Of course you are dear boy, of course you are. Only, sometimes opinions should be kept to the individual they belong to, they don't always need to be voiced. Perhaps if you weren't so negative all the time, or if you must be negative add some constructive criticism, rather than just your mindless bleating. Your opinion might actually be viewed with some validity and promote some decent discussion, rather than just people viewing you as a bit of a joke.

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 09:04
we're hardly going to build a competitive squad if we keep chopping and changing all the players. These three, although not first team starters, are great squad players and their re-signings allows the coaching team some continuity and let their ethos and style embed within the club.

Do i think topsy will be a first team starter next year? No, but a great Euro/Lv cup player and mentor.

Tonks- good cover for Tommy Bell and again Lv/Euro starter.

Mckibben- potential starter/bench player so a good resigning.

The biggest mistake London Welsh made when they went up was dropping the squad that got them there and trying to integrate 35+ new players with each other and a style of coaching they hadn't had before. We have to avoid that same thing so its important to keep good squad players around to keep the message of what management want.

GHA (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 09:58
There's a difference between strength in depth and just depth

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 10:22
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy

Ta Dah,

2 for one fishing trips,

we all know what your opinion is anyhow.

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 12:17
How did these players do for us the last time we were in the premiership?

We haven't exactly set the world alight with our back play in the championship either.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 12:21
Ben Ransom announced

Henry Ford (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 12:21
Quote:
Ajax Treesdown
How did these players do for us the last time we were in the premiership?
We haven't exactly set the world alight with our back play in the championship either.

Dead right, replace them all, bring in new ones (you tell me which ones Ajax?) and new coaches as well, our back play has been rubbish. Get rid of the lot.

MattM (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 12:30
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Ben Ransom announced

Brilliant news! Ben was, for me, one of the key players to get signed up, great finisher, versatile and a fan favourite.

Sponsoring Matt Kouris again for the 2017/18 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

GHA (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 12:32
Everyone's allowed their opinions as long as they are 'the current squad is the best squad we could possibly dream of'

GHA (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 12:33
Good news about Ransom FWIW

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 12:34
Lovejoy announced.

MattM (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 12:51
and now McNally.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 12:53
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy

Of course you are, but by the same token people are allowed to have a contrary one and to therefore challenge yours.

Nick4219 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 13:29
Very happy with those that have re signed so far. Topsy is a true one club man and will be able to pass on his premiership experience should we go up. Always like McKibben and his passion so is a good player for the squad and Tonks provides good kicking cover in two positions if needed. Ransom always seems to play well when I have seen him and I can't really comment on Lovejoy or McNally but I trust the coaches know what's good for the team. Consistency is key and having a group of players that have been around together for a while in a mostly winning team is one of those intangibles that may well be the difference in staying up in a dogfight in the Premiership, or guaranteeing automatic promotion next year if we don't go up.

Hopefully there will be some bigger names such as Hamilton and Du Plessis if the promotion happens but the club is in a difficult position to sign players because of the playoff system.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 14:39
I really hope that Conor Gilsenan is one of the last 3 resignings.

Come on you Irish

Paul

Blarney (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 14:51
McKibbon, Ransom and McNally - pleased with these. I feel that all three could step up in the premiership.

Topsy - my views on his form this year are well known but, given his history with the club he probably deserved one more season in a player-coach role. Just not in the starting XV too often please.

Chawatama - not seen enough but always good to have more props on the books

Tonks - I have no idea what we are adding to the squad by keeping him on other than filling a place. Mediocre and not good enough for the prem.

I understand that the "exciting" signings will be announced after promotion, and as long as those are of the required standard then I shall be cautiously optimistic for next year. If we try and survive with the same starting 22 as this year we will fail .

Lambo (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 14:52
Me too, regarding Conor. Very concerned it won't be the case. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Monoblock (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 14:53
Seeing resignings is positive, I always hope that players that resign do so because they love the club and want to make us better rather than they may struggle to get the same level of club / pay if they left but it's something you'll never know until they take the the field.

I honestly thought Top's would retire, I genuinely really like him, but he is a point the oppo look to to attach down in the championship and that will increase greatly if we make the prem. personally I think he'll be defined for the academy as a shining example of London Irish but as has been said you need a gel'd squad so he gives us stability.

The club will need to strike the balance of existing players who can play together so we don't end up not stringing phases together and dropping the ball (ahem, or doing it ongoing), new skilled signings who can help us compete in the prem as our old squad got us relegated and we lost some from that, plus new blood either in the academy or straight in to the team as 2nd / 3rd choice, our future - we do need to ensure we do not have an aging squad and no future, we won't know much until we see who is managing us, we we sign etc.
after coming close as Yorkshire, jersey away, arguably jersey at home (lower team fielded by us but you'd hope a just out of the prem academy /2nd team would compete with championship) a few other close games and not many BIG wins I.e. Cricket scores, it's by no means a foregone conclusion we go up, until that happens I'm assuming the resigning asssure us of keeping these players is we stay in the championship another year!

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 15:43
Ransom, Mcnally and Lovejoy are all talented young English players who will certainly do a job in the premiership. Delighted with these guys re-signing

fatlad76 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 16:17
delighted with all 6!
But dont you love the PR that each announcment slaps a different coach on the back!!!
Love it. COYI!

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 16:20
From the original list that leaves:

Court
Ellis
Robson
Narraway
Gilsenan
Koloamatangi - signed in Feb 2017 until end of the season
Neal

I hope the final three are as highlighted in bold above.

Come on you Irish

Paul

05 April, 2017 16:35
Elrington and Murphy should really be added to that list if Neal is on there. Think Elrington may have the best chance of the three. This may end up being Court's final season and Smallbone has a bit of an injury cloud over him. We'll see though.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 16:43
I think Elrington has been very impressive this season so would like him here next season. Would expect court to retire. We seem to be linked with a lot of locks for next year and all our current ones other than Robson are signed up so I wouldn't be suprised if Robson doesn't sign on although I hope he does.

Reckon tomorrows 3 will be Ellis Elrington and Tiks

kiwi02 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 16:46
What about Todd Gleave?

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 16:47
Hadn't thought of Gleave, at hooked he'd be a better option than Ellis Imo. But would only be 3rd choice behind Paice and Faingaa if he joins

05 April, 2017 16:51
I've been impressed by Gleave all things considering. He'd be in front of Ellis for me too. Jason Harris Wright is presumably still on the books too, although guessing he's injured.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2017 16:52 by Margin_Walker.

kiwi02 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 16:52
Also is Joe Trayfoot out of contract at the end of the season?

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 17:23
Harris-Wright was on a short term.contract and I don't think I'd with us anymore. I'm also not convinced that Gleave is big enough to make it as a Premiership front row player.

If Fainga'a does arrive I'm happy with him, Paicey and Porecki as our three senior hookers.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 17:56
As Bristol have found out to their cost, having a very large squad of 'middling' players who are somewhere between AP and Championship quality gets you nowhere.

Topsy has showed his AP class over a huge period and still has much to give IMHO.

McKibbin got off to a dreadful start last season but partially redeemed himself.

Ransom has shown he is also AP quality for Sarries - if they didn't have such a huge squad he would never have left them.

So I'm happy that those 3 are genuine AP players. I think that McNally has the ability to be one.

I'm not so sure about the others, esp. Tonks - can anyone honestly say that he would get into any AP squad either as a starter or back-up+2 at 10 (and he's not even a Championship level 15)...?

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 19:53
I think Lovejoy has the potential to be a very good player, beast of a man and is only going to get better with age

cob (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 20:07
If no Tom Court I will be annoyed/surprised.

Better be a good reason such as he had somthing better.

Bainim fiáin Rover-cén fáth a stopadh anois?

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 20:10
Court will probably retire, would give us Reid, Hobbs-Awoyemi, Smallbone and Elrington next year presuming they all sign/stay

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 20:15
Quote:
paulm1953
From the original list that leaves:
Court
Ellis
Robson
Narraway
Gilsenan
Koloamatangi - signed in Feb 2017 until end of the season
Neal

I hope the final three are as highlighted in bold above.

I feel that this season was make or break for Ellis. In the games I have seen him play he hasn't made any impact. His throwing at lineout time was a disaster. I wouldn't be surprised if his contract is renewed.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

05 April, 2017 20:16
Reid as in Gordon Reid? Since when have we signed him / been linked with him?

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 20:36
Yep Gordon Reid, sounds a pretty done deal if we go up

Finno (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 22:37
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Quote:
TheRealBigEasy

Of course you are, but by the same token people are allowed to have a contrary one and to therefore challenge yours.

Sorry Ozzy but you're being a bit of a hypocrite here. You state on another thread that having an opinion is fine as long as it doesn't get personal...i.e. sticks to the performance etc....

Being annoyed that we lost is fine. Being upset that we lost is fine. Having an opinion contrary to others is fine, in fact if put across sensibly it's positively encouraged, after all we all love a good discussion/debate about our team.

Slagging off players, coaches and the club, particularly with false claims and no evidence to support what's being said is in my opinion not on.

...and then you take a personal swipe at TBRE, rather that challenge his/her opinion !

You of all people should know better !

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 22:56
I was having a good humoured fun poke Finno, maybe I should have stuck some smileys on it or lolz.

#bantsinnit

Finno (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 23:01
I'm happy with all the re-signing to date, be they either squad players or potential 1st team'ers, or just experienced heads.

For me the key will be who we bring in if we get promoted. We need experienced Hamilton like players with one/two good seasons left in them to help us survive, plus a couple of experienced centres to make a difference and perhaps surprise everyone.

Here's hoping!!!

Finno (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 23:14
Quote:
Ozzy3213
I was having a good humoured fun poke Finno, maybe I should have stuck some smileys on it or lolz.
#bantsinnit

That's the problem with the written word, it leaves everything open to interpretation as to context, and actually Smiley's can actually make it worse, as I have found to my cost!!

My basic view to the many outrageous opinions expressed on this board, is to either respond constructively, or just count to 10 and ignore. You may have noticed that I post a lot less this season....It's just not worth it getting wound up. But I passionately believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how outrageous.

In my view there is an unhealthy 'Animal Farmish' view to opinions on the board. 'All opinions are equal, but some opinions are more equal than others'!

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 23:28
I also post a lot less, primarily as the art of debate appears to disappearing with people becoming far to sensitive when their opinion is not universally agreed with.

FWIW, which is in reality very little, I can see value in all 6 re-signings for various reasons. If all rumoured in comings are true we have the makings of a decent squad. What I do think will have a massive bearing on how we fare though are the intangibles, like confidence and unity.

We seem, from the outside looking in, to be in a good place on the unity front, and to.that end continuity could hold a higher importance than we might think.

Finno (IP Logged)
05 April, 2017 23:41
Quote:
Ozzy3213
I also post a lot less, primarily as the art of debate appears to disappearing with people becoming far to sensitive when their opinion is not universally agreed with.
FWIW, which is in reality very little, I can see value in all 6 re-signings for various reasons. If all rumoured in comings are true we have the makings of a decent squad. What I do think will have a massive bearing on how we fare though are the intangibles, like confidence and unity.

We seem, from the outside looking in, to be in a good place on the unity front, and to.that end continuity could hold a higher importance than we might think.

Agreed...

cob (IP Logged)
06 April, 2017 00:05
Quote:
Hugo.LI
Court will probably retire, would give us Reid, Hobbs-Awoyemi, Smallbone and Elrington next year presuming they all sign/stay

If thats the reason fine. Been a great player for a gpod time not just with us. Still think he would offer a lot next year.

Bainim fiáin Rover-cén fáth a stopadh anois?

stnick88 (IP Logged)
06 April, 2017 11:21
Court is well past his sell by date.

Be very surprised if he does re-sign.

06 April, 2017 11:53
Court has been very important this year, but has probably played a lot more than he would have expected with the injuries to the other looseheads.

He'll be 37 next year and you'd perhaps worry a touch about him up against AP tightheads. Despite starting his rugby career late, I think there's more chance of him retiring than not. Reid would certainly be an important signing, assuming it goes ahead.

HMRH (IP Logged)
06 April, 2017 15:38
Sell by date? TC has been an impressive peformer again this year and if he retires then TFTM TC. Personally I think the packs are a good standard in the Championship certainly better than I expected and Court has held up his side pretty well from what I can recall.

GrahamAlba (IP Logged)
06 April, 2017 17:47
Some good points here.

We should go up but nothing is certain as it's all about what happens on the day (obvious I know!)

As for Topsy he still provides impact and inspiration but yes his defensive skills have sometimes been lacking this season. I'd still have him on the bench for what he could do in the final 10 minutes.

I think back to Exeter in 2010/11 when they fielded a lot of old solid warhorses who provided experience and nouse across the park, though weren't necessarily exceptional players individually.

stnick88 (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 10:31
HMRH he has been OK but I have been more impressed by Hobbs.

Court struggled last year in the prem so if we go back up then with 2 more years on the clock he is likely to struggle even more. Good player in his day and hasn't let us down but his best years are long behind him and Reid and Hobbs would be the better choices with hopefully Smallbone back and Elrington to develop.

GHA (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 10:51
Lots of players struggled last year in the prem stnick88

HMRH (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 10:58
Don't disagree but Court has been pretty damn good since joining Irish and sharing that experience can only help the younger props

GHA (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 11:05
Let the coaches share their experience, we shouldn't use up squad places and money because players have been there and done that

GHA (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 11:05
In my opinion

olw131 (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 11:45
Court was excellent in the Prem last year IMO, our scrum was one of the only good things about last season. Because of injury to Smallbone he had to play week in week out so looked knackered at times - next season with Danny HA, Smallbone and Elrington fit I'd still keep him just for experience's sake. Quins are doing the same with Adam Jones and have found him incredibly useful at times of injury crisis.

MattM (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 12:08
Quote:
olw131
Court was excellent in the Prem last year IMO, our scrum was one of the only good things about last season. Because of injury to Smallbone he had to play week in week out so looked knackered at times - next season with Danny HA, Smallbone and Elrington fit I'd still keep him just for experience's sake. Quins are doing the same with Adam Jones and have found him incredibly useful at times of injury crisis.

I was thinking of Jones as a comparable too... great cover, good experience to have 'in the room' and still more than capable of doing a job if required.

GHA (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 12:11
Adam Jones is in a different league to Tom Court

07 April, 2017 13:13
They're keeping us waiting for the last 3 names this week. Hope the suspense is worth it!!!

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 13:18
Quote:
GHA

That is correct one is in the premiership the other is in the Championship at the moment.

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

GHA (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 13:33
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Quote:
GHA

That is correct one is in the premiership the other is in the Championship at the moment.

Well spotted, but I meant a little deeper than that. Should've used more emojis, obviously

GHA (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 13:49
If it helps

95 caps (84 starts) for Wales - 32 caps (8 starts) for Ireland
5 caps (4 starts) for the Lions - 0 caps for the Lions
3 Six Nations Grand Slams - 1 Six Nations Grand Slam
Played in 3 World Cups - Played in 1 World Cup
1 World Cup Semi-Final Appearance - 0 World Cup Semi-Final Appearances

Dunno about Pro-12 stats but the above will do for now

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 14:01
Conor gilsenan is the next to re-sign!!

07 April, 2017 14:05
gilsenan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2017 14:09 by DrV'sHairyCraic.

07 April, 2017 14:19

07 April, 2017 14:42
Last but not least: Gleave

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 16:59
I don't think Robson will be hear next year, think he will retire which is disappointing but next year we will have Seb, Mcnally, Llyod, Sexton, jebb, plus potentially Hamilton, Paulo and Lomidze can cover lock.

Off the top of my head the guys who won't be hear next year are court, Robson, Narraway, Trayfoot, Koloamatangi, Murphy, Allinson, Neal

olw131 (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 18:09
Quote:
Hugo.LI
I don't think Robson will be hear next year, think he will retire which is disappointing but next year we will have Seb, Mcnally, Llyod, Sexton, jebb, plus potentially Hamilton, Paulo and Lomidze can cover lock.
Off the top of my head the guys who won't be hear next year are court, Robson, Narraway, Trayfoot, Koloamatangi, Murphy, Allinson, Neal

Call me stupid for thinking this but I think we should sign Koloamatangi - he looked good in the half a game or so he played against Nottingham (?)... definitely offered something different to your usual No 8. Looked to have some class with the ball in hand.

Then again it was only half a game and I'm sure Kendo et al know better than myself...

SirBurger (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 18:58
Quote:
olw131
Quote:
Hugo.LI

Call me stupid for thinking this but I think we should sign Koloamatangi - he looked good in the half a game or so he played against Nottingham (?)... definitely offered something different to your usual No 8. Looked to have some class with the ball in hand.

Then again it was only half a game and I'm sure Kendo et al know better than myself...

Totally agree with you olw - Kolo could have a real impact for us. Worth keeping IMO.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Irish Poll

What do you think of this poll?

See results > Submit >>