rugbyunion
Latest News:

Required Depth
kiwi02 (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 14:46
After the the announcement of 9 players who have secured new contracts with London Irish . What positions do people believe we still require more depth in, prior to next season

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2017 14:47 by kiwi02.

Re: Required Depth
MattM (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 14:49
Difficult to say given the amount of rumoured signings but assuming the lions share of the squad stay and most of the rumoured players do join the position I still have concerns about is outside centre.

I'd really like to see an experienced, quality centre to make that position their own going forward...

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2017/18 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 15:40
Starting Lh Prop (reid rumoured) should court retire we need quality to replace him.
Starting HK (Faiinga rumoured)
back up TH prop (Du plessis rumoured)
Starting Second Row (Hamilton & Filo paulo rumoured) we need scrummage power and muscle
starting No. 8 need someone very large to carry can't all be down to Trev.

Outside centre - A top quality experienced player would be Ideal (AAC rumorued but unlikely)

Basically we need some more muscle in the pack to stop us being bullied and some cutting edge in the backs. No drastic changes just some quality additions to raise us to the next level. Firmly believe we have the makings of a very good team with the likes of Hobbs - Aweyomi, mcnally, lovejoy, marshall, bell, lewington and big Joe.

If 2 or three of the rumoured signings came i'd be very happy.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 16:55
Our pack held their own in the prem last year and so I'm confident we can do the same if not better. Front row and second row looks okay, looks like we've signed the big Georgian number 8 as well so hopefully the pack is complete

Definitely need a quality outside centre however...

NMB (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 17:01
Centre is definitely the area we need more depth and if there was to be a big name signing for next season I would hope it was here.

Otherwise it's ensuring we replace anyone who leaves/retires with the same or better (e.g. Reid for Court)

jekyll (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 20:32
When I spoke to Nick Kennedy in Jersey, he confirmed that 8 or 9 were leaving and all the people he had sined were an improvement on those leaving. He also said he had missed out on a couple of signings to Bristol because they had been offered quote obscene money

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 20:43
Interesting. Perhaps Alapati Leiua was one with the Trev connection. Could have been useful at 13

SirBurger (IP Logged)
07 April, 2017 21:38
Quote:
Margin_Walker
Interesting. Perhaps Alapati Leiua was one with the Trev connection. Could have been useful at 13

Yea he's the one I thought of. Maybe Piutau as well, although he was already there I guess. Not sure if we ever would have been in for Luatua or Madigan (although think there were vague rumours of the latter).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net