rugbyunion
Latest News:

John Mitchell
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 05:54
Linked in the Rugby paper to a possible Head Coach role for us next season.

Re: John Mitchell
paulm1953 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 06:53
[www.rugbytoday.com]

Not sure?

Come on you Irish

Paul

BerkshireBasedFan (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 07:13
Glad the clubs management recognise we need some experience in the coaching department!

09 April, 2017 07:28
Quote:
paulm1953
http://www.rugbytoday.com/elite/closer-look-john-Mitchell
Not sure?

Yeah, trouble of some sort does seem to follow him a touch. Whether something comes of this or not, it does sound like we are looking for an experienced guy in a head coach role under Kennedy, which sounds like a good idea on the face of it.

bigbitty (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 08:31
Some interesting management techniques! Get the players hammered on beer after a training session, then breathalyse them the next morning to "aid recovery time"!

Nick4219 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 09:13
Sounds like way too much grief!

asteps07 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 09:16
Quote:
bigbitty
Some interesting management techniques! Get the players hammered on beer after a training session, then breathalyse them the next morning to "aid recovery time"!

Think you interpreted that incorrectly. The way I read it was that he breathalysed them after a big game win because in the early ages of professionalism they couldn't afford to go out drinking, because they needed their bodies to recover

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 09:55
Quote:
paulm1953
http://www.rugbytoday.com/elite/closer-look-john-Mitchell
Not sure?

I to am not sure on this. We all know what happened when we experimented with a kiwi last season.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

bigbitty (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 11:06
You are right - but all these things happened, just not in the same order!(Sm100)

Bazzo (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 17:08
I am happy with the team that we have. Stick with the young coaches and see how we go. Experience is overrated !

Crazy Harry (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 19:27
Bazzo,

I agree. Lets stick with the team in place. All good coaches have to start somewhere.

09 April, 2017 19:40
Well the team in place is already not an option with Laidlaw leaving. It's whether you get a straight replacement for him in an assistant role or more of a head coach type figure.

waltham (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 23:34
seems that Mitchell is a real wrecking-ball...and demotivator if that article is close to accurate

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
10 April, 2017 20:43
I'm reliably informed that Mitchell is not on our radar.

Paul_D (IP Logged)
10 April, 2017 21:06
Quote:
Ozzy3213
I'm reliably informed that Mitchell is not on our radar.

That's a relief!

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 20:21
And nick Kennedy has confirmed there is no truth in it on twitter

waltham (IP Logged)
12 April, 2017 20:17
(Sm160)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net