rugbyunion
Latest News:

Lood de Jager
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 08:52
SA and Bulls lock is the latest TRP rumour today. Suggestion is that Hamilton has decided to retire, so we are looking at de Jager instead.

Newcastle had been interested, but they are unlikely to proceed as his wage demands were too high. Would be a cracking signing if they can make it happen

Re: Lood de Jager
HMRH (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 09:04
One can but hope

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 09:08
Sounds unlikely, but you never know. He's a massive bloke (6'9", 125 KG). couldn't do any harm in the set piece

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 09:12
Wow what a statement that would be!

HMRH (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 09:15
On reflection can't see it. SA lose 2 franchises in super rugby so more locks on the market who aren't as good as de Jäger added to which more money in SA to keep test players.

Shame as he's got a lot of experience for a relatively young lock forward

waltham (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 17:35
I thought Hamilton had very recently and publicly said yes provided we are promoted... Hope there's not another Andy Goode situation on the horizon...

SirBurger (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 17:48
Quote:
waltham
I thought Hamilton had very recently and publicly said yes provided we are promoted... Hope there's not another Andy Goode situation on the horizon...

This was done via twitter and soon deleted (apparently Andy Goode had stolen his phone(Sm111)).

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 18:24
Back to De Jager, I'm sure having the Venter link will help if it's true he is in talks with us

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 08:46
If de jager is available then why would we ever go for Hamilton?

HMRH (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 09:05
Cos de jager will cost more than Hamilton would be my guess, according to The Rugby Paper the cost ended Falcons interest

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net