rugbyunion
Latest News:

Travel for the semi v Donaster
Sore Doc (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 10:10
I don't know how many made it up to Doncaster, but I wondered if there is any possibility that either the club or LISC could organise buses to try and get a large contingent of supporters from the Reading area to the match. As Al's guide says the train journey entails going via Paddington & Kings Cross!

Mrs SD

Re: Travel for the semi v Donaster
Newname (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 14:33
Great idea - I would certainly prefer to travel by coach.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 16:45
Quote:
Newname

I agree. Don't understand why the club haven't arranged this.

Come on you Irish

Paul

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 17:43
Quote:
paulm1953
Quote:
Newname

I agree. Don't understand why the club haven't arranged this.

Maybe because our play off opponents were only set in stone yesterday at about 5 o'clock and it's Easter Sunday today. How about giving them a chance before putting a negative spin on things.

harristocratt (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 18:24
Confirmed on the Doncaster Knights web site that the games is live on Sky Sports 3.

mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 22:09
I think as a pay back for the fantastic away support this season - the players,Admin,CEO coaches and Mr. Carson put on a couple of coaches - tee Hee not Mr Kennedy

Sorry I have put my hand in my pocket already......

Maybe this is already in place.

Comeonuirrrrrriiiiisssshhhh back to the premiership where we belong

Marie. Xxx

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 19:45
Isn't the truth on this that if this was to happen it needed to be organised and announced before the last game..,,.

It's going to be difficult to do it now, many people were planning routes and tickets at the weekend and with the long weekend people will be traveling up and back on different days making getting enough people together very difficult to justify the cost

I would have thought it would be better at this point to focus on the final if it happens to be in Leeds and get some provisional interest registered now, if it is there and Wed evening then it's more likely that people will be all traveling up Wed afternoon and need to be back in the south for Thurs making coaches more viable?? If it turns out to be Ealing then maybe the focus could be Madstad/ Hazlewood to Ealing?

ironman (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 20:33
It's a fairly trivial journey once in London so rail it is for me , My son is at University in York and my Brother is in Leeds so it's a family get together . My Brothers Australian fiancée wanted to come to an English rugby game and she is getting this as an entree!

LISC_News (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 17:10
Unfortunately LISC do not feel it would be viable to run a coach to Doncaster for the Semi-Final.

The journey times means 2 coach drivers would be required, which makes for an expensive coach and past experience shows that even a heavily subsidised coach does not attract large numbers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net