rugbyunion
Latest News:

Bristol Rugby
kiwi02 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 14:50
Do Bristol have any players worth signing who are out of contract or may have release causes if they get relegated?

Re: Bristol Rugby
Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 14:53
I'd take Woodward but believe he's off to Gloucester

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 15:04
Hurrell I'd like onboard.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Hoopsy (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 17:46
Bris fan here ... Hurrell is staying smiling smiley
Good luck in the play offs though ...Only right that the best team get promoted and you have clearly been the best this season. May get to play you again one day !!

SirBurger (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 17:49
I think Bristol have the resources to ensure that most of their players will stay with them, apart from maybe Woodward who seems to have international aspirations. I would rather look elsewhere to boost our squad for next season.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 18:25
Quote:
Hoopsy
Bris fan here ... Hurrell is staying smiling smiley Good luck in the play offs though ...Only right that the best team get promoted and you have clearly been the best this season. May get to play you again one day !!

Cheers hoopsy, I'm sure you'll be back in the prem straight away, just hope it's not a straight swap with us if we go up!

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 06:57
Quote:
kiwi02
Do Bristol have any players worth signing who are out of contract or may have release causes if they get relegated?

Odd situation we at Bristol are now in. The incoming Pat Lam is busy signing more players rather than letting them go. With the funding of our wealthy backer, we're likely to have a stronger team NEXT season than this!

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 07:23
Quote:
inatthebreakdown
Quote:
kiwi02

Odd situation we at Bristol are now in. The incoming Pat Lam is busy signing more players rather than letting them go. With the funding of our wealthy backer, we're likely to have a stronger team NEXT season than this!

Strangely enough, most LI fans would also say the same. The only players of note we lost were Maitland and Symons. Both good players (although not if you ask some in here in Maitland's case), but more than offset overall by the signings of Marshall, Bell, Robson, de Chaves etc.

Certainly think our squad this season is stronger than last year. Whether it would have been good enough to stay up is another question all together though.

In Bristol's case, with funding behind them and no playoffs in place (so very likely to return) I only really see important players leaving that have international aspirations of some sort. So perhaps Woodward will be the extent of it, of the players you'd rather keep. Assuming he even goes.

Either way, good luck next year (assuming we go up...)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net