rugbyunion
Latest News:

Ground suitability for the Premiership
antoinog (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 16:23
Hi all

Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but is it known if all (or some) of the teams in the playoffs meet the ground requirements for getting promoted?

Obvs we and Carnegie do, but not having visited Doncaster or Ealing I'm not familiar with their grounds.

Reading the text feeds it sounds like Bris could be relegated today with a loss. But I always take those sorts of comments with a certain pinch of salt If there's still a chance of a team coming through the playoffs who cannot (or don't wish to) be considered for promotion.

Cheers,

Og

Re: Ground suitability for the Premiership
paulm1953 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 16:42
Of the play off teams I believe it is only Ealing's ground that doesn't comply.

antoinog (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 17:37
Thanks Paul

waltham (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 18:29
..unless Ealing have already nominated/agreed an alternative, qualifying stadium of course...

Bill the chip (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 18:32
Don't think Donny's ground is suitable either! They would use nearby football stadium i believe.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 18:45
Yep, pretty sure Donny had the football stadium nominated last year as Castle Park capacity isn't large enough

16 April, 2017 18:53
Providing Donny go up, they will move to the Keepmoat Stadium (capacity 10,000) for the start of the season whilst castle park is being renovated.

Rosscaberry (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 19:45
I was at Doncaster game yesterday. I was very impressed with the facilities: excellent bar, good food outlet, good mainstand, surrounded by 4-6 rugby pitches & lots of space for expansion.
Like all championship teams this year the club was very welcoming .
PS. Our scrum was awesome.

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 08:49
Quote:
waltham
..unless Ealing have already nominated/agreed an alternative, qualifying stadium of course...

They have an option on a place in Brentford.

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

waltham (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 21:03
Quote:
Foggy-Balla
Quote:
waltham

They have an option on a place in Brentford.

My thoughts exactly :-0

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Irish Poll

What do you think of this poll?

See results > Submit >>