rugbyunion
Latest News:

possble team for play off semi finals
paulm1953 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2017 18:21
Just wondered what team LI would play against Doncaster. I would imagine the same as the last league game against Doncaster with maybe 3 changes (subject to fitness). I would go with:

15 Tommy Bell
14 Alex Lewington
13 Aseli Tikoirotuma
12 Theo Brophy Clews
11 Joe Cokanasiga
10 James Marshall
9 Brendan McKibbin
1 Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi
2 David Paice (c)
3 Ben Franks
4 Sebastian De Chaves
5 George Robson
6 Mike Coman
7 Blair Cowan
8 Ofisa Treviranus

Replacements: 16 Dave Porecki, 17 Tom Court, 18 Ollie Hoskins, 19 Will Lloyd, 20 Conor Gilsenan, 21 Scott Steele, 22 Fergus Mulchrone

Come on you Irish

Paul

Re: possble team for play off semi finals
kiwi02 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2017 19:36
I would like to see Lovejoy within the replacements, as he offers a large impact off the bench. I agree with the remainder of the potential lineup.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
23 April, 2017 21:36
Mulchrone to start for me and I would have Lovejoy and McNally on the bench for added impact.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
23 April, 2017 22:49
Start Court, as DHA gives more impact from the bench. Ferg at 12 all day long, has been our best defender in the backs. I would play Jeb ! Robson is ok in the line out but that's it. Jeb is a real warrior for us and has been great since his return. Tonks at least on the bench, covers 10 and 15 and is in real good form.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 06:48
I'd go

Hobbs
Paice
Franks
De Chaves
Jebb
Coman
Cowan
Trev

Mckibbin
Marshall
Cokanasiga
TBC
Mulchrone
Lewington
Bell

Porecki
Court
Lovejoy
Mcnally
Gilsenan
Steele
Tiks

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 08:26
I would be minded to play a more defensive team in the away fixture so TBC and Mulchrone in midfield. Then bring in Tiks at 13 for the home fixture for the added attacking threat.

Don't care if we kick all our points and squeeze the life out of the away game, just get the win and bring it back to the mad stad.

Brian_N (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 07:12
For what it's worth, here's my guess:

1 Tom Court
2 David Paice (c)
3 Ben Franks
4 George Robson
5 Sebastian De Chaves
6 Mike Coman
7 Blair Cowan
8 Ofisa Treviranus

9 Brendan McKibbin
10 James Marshall
11 Joe Cokanasiga
12 Fergus Mulchrone
13 Aseli Tikoirotuma
14 Alex Lewington
15 Tommy Bell

16 Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi
17 David Porecki
18 Lovejoy Chawatama
19 Will Lloyd
20 Josh McNally
21 Scott Steele
22 Greg Tonks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/04/2017 07:18 by Brian_N.

Ecksile (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 07:27
Is James Marshall injury free? Seems strange he wasn't even included in the Doncaster squad.

stnick88 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 09:05
not sure it will be 2 locks on the bench and no backrow Brian.

I'd put Gilsenan on the bench over Lloyd.

Other than that, probably spot on.

Brian_N (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 10:34
Fair comment stnick; my logic is McNally can play second or back row and Lloyd gives us another line-out option. I did think about Conor and he'd go a good job I'm sure but less so if he had to play second row. If we get back to the Prem will be good to have another sub's place to avoid such a quandary!

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 11:25
I guess with the Doncaster team last time there were a couple of players missing who hopefully were being rested with playoffs in mind, Marshall, Robson and Ferg for me would be in the 22 if fit, on form , not rested or left out because we only have 7 spaces on the bench this year

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 14:42
I believe Fergus and Marshall both had little niggles but will be fit for play offs

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
26 April, 2017 09:00
Just want to say good luck from a Bris supporter.

Thought you might find this article interesting. I think most Bris suporters share the sentiments.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 10:15
I've been running a series of polls on Twitter so see who us supporters would pick for Sunday and the starting XV selected is (with % of the vote)...

15. Tommy Bell (74%)
14. Alex Lewington (68%)
13. Aseli Tokoroituma (56%)
12. Fergus Mulchrone (69%)
11. Joe Cokanasiga (78%)
10. James Marshall (75%)
9. Brendan McKibbin (73%)

1. Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi (48%)
2. David Paice (83%)
3. Ben Franks (93%)
4. Sebastian de Chaves (59%)
5. George Robson (65%)
6. Mike Coman (59%)
7. Blair Cowan (88%)
8. Ofisa Treviranus (81%)

Some votes were closer than others. Whilst Lewi's winning % looks low that is primarily because 28% of people wanted Joe on the right wing rather than the left, and similarly with Tiks 29% wanted Fergus at outside rather than in side centre.

The closest vote was at loosehead where Tom Court polled 47% of the vote to lose by just 1%. de Chaves and Coman look low percentage wise but were streets ahead of 2nd place as the the other 3 contenders split the vote.

I suspect that this will not be far off what we see announced tomorrow lunchtime.

As the voting stands at the moment, the bench looks like this...

16. Dave Porecki (currently on 55% with Gerard Ellis on 38%)
17. Tom Court (currently has 84% of the vote)
18. Lovejoy Chawatama (currently on 68% with Ollie Hoskins a way off on 22%)
19. Jebb Sinclair (currently on 43% with Josh McNally on 32%, so this could change)
20. Could be anyone of three, currently it's Conor Gilsenan and Senitiki Nayalo both on 32% with Luke Narraway on 30%
21. Scott Steele (currently has 88% of the vote)
22. Ben Ransom (currently on 40% with Theo Brophy-Clews on 31%)

As an aside I voted for Theo on the bench as if we go Ransom with this starting line up there is no real centre cover if we lose Fergus or Tiks, where as if we lose a winger with Theo on the bench Tiks can just go out wide.

Roll on Sunday so we can stop all the speculating and get playing again.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 10:53
Nayalo named as playing for the Army vs. The Navy on Saturday so looks as if he won't be in our 22 for Sunday.

Pinhoe_Chief (IP Logged)
28 April, 2017 09:02
Good luck for the play offs and hope to see you back at Sandy Park next season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net