rugbyunion
Latest News:

Greene King IPA Championship Dream Team 16/17
kiwi02 (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 17:42
Surprised only 4 members of the London Irish Squad made the team.
[www.englandrugby.com]

1. Prop – Lewis Boyce (Yorkshire Carnegie)
2. Hooker – Phil Nilsen (Yorkshire Carnegie)
3. Prop – Simon Kerrod (Jersey Reds)
4. Lock – Pierce Phillips (Jersey Reds)
5. Lock – Glen Young (Doncaster Knights]
6. Flanker – Jack Ram (Doncaster Knights]

7. Flanker – Blair Cowan (London Irish)
'Strong over the ball and in the tackle, Scotland capped Cowan has continued to play at international standard in the Championship and has weighed in with six league tries. He picked up five of the 11 votes cast.'

No. 8 – Ryan Burrows (Yorkshire Carnegie)

9. Scrum-half – Scott Steele (London Irish)
'Nuggety number nine with an eye for the gap who seems to get better with every passing season. Marginally preferred to Richmond’s Sam Stuart and Bedford’s Jordan Burns.'

10. Fly-half – James Marshall (London Irish)
'Outstanding ball player who has given Irish a real attacking edge this season. Astute decision-maker with the skill set to match, Marshall was nominated as the league’s best 10 by seven of the 11 coaches'

11. Wing – Jason Harries (London Scottish)
12. Centre – Joe Munro (Ealing Trailfinders)

13. Centre - Asaeli Tikoirotuma (London Irish)

'A game breaker and try scorer who makes things happen whilst in possession. Aled Jenkins, Andrew Bulumakau and Robbie Ferguson all had claims on the No.13 jersey too, but the Fijian international’s x-factor tipped the verdict his way.'

14. Wing – Jonah Holmes (Yorkshire Carnegie)
15. Full-back – Paul Jarvis (Doncaster Knights)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/04/2017 17:45 by kiwi02.

Re: Greene King IPA Championship Dream Team 16/17
Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 18:26
Interesting that we only got 1 forward in, and nobody in the front 5 given how much weve dominated up front and how many times weve scored from mauls.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 18:42
David Paice got a honourable mention at hooker in the description after Phil Nilsen

2. Hooker – Phil Nilsen (Yorkshire Carnegie)

Nilsen, who passed 200 games for the club in his testimonial season, gives his heart and soul to the cause and does the basics very well. Huge work rate. Honourable mentions go to David Paice, Alun Walker and last year’s winner Ben Hunter.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/04/2017 18:53 by Exile_Dave.

HMRH (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 18:57
I'll stick with Ben Franks all the same

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 21:20
Well the championship is better than I thought if Tommy Bell can't make the squad, but seriously because of the squad rotation players have probably slipped down the pecking order, not that I give a hoot. It was always for me about premotion

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

27 April, 2017 21:29
Poor selections in this team if I'm honest. Our front row and second row have been premiership quality in my eyes this season and Tommy Bell has been excellent.

Without meaning to demoralise Scott Steele, I would've selected McKibben in that team. Just my opinion, but of course massive congratulations to Scott for making the cut!

MattM (IP Logged)
28 April, 2017 06:23
If, as suggested, it was purely picked by coaches in the league our rotation and deep squad will have kept some of our guys out.
Nonetheless pleased for all these guys and all are deserving.

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2017/18 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

FrTed (IP Logged)
28 April, 2017 07:09
Interesting end of season musings.

One question is how would the best of the championship team fair in the premiership. Would that team have a chance against Saracens for example if they played together for a while? I fear not and the gulf is getting wider. Hence LI will have their work cut out if promotion beckons.

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
28 April, 2017 08:47
No ben franks? seriosuly??

Also Seb de chaves.

I think injury and rotation probably kept the likes of Robson, Danny H and Coman out.

Green tinted glasses I know but how can we have the same number of players as a team that finished 17pts adrift of us?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net