rugbyunion
Latest News:

Teams up - unchanged
HMRH (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 12:00
London Irish have named an unchanged side for this Saturday’s Greene King IPA Championship Play-off Semi-final second leg against Doncaster Knights at the Madejski Stadium (kick-off 1.15pm).

Irish take a 35-3 lead into this weekend’s return leg, Nick Kennedy’s men running in six tries at Castle Park last Sunday.

A brace apiece from David Paice and Aseli Tikoirotuma either side of the break, coupled with further scores from Alex Lewington and Sebastian De Chaves gives Irish the advantage.

Exiles boss Kennedy wants more of the same from his troops as the club targets a place in the Championship Play-off Final.

“We had to work extremely hard to come away from Doncaster with a healthy lead and we must continue to play with the same intensity this Saturday,” said the Heineken Cup winner.

“Doncaster will be keen to bounce back from defeat and as we saw in last year’s play-offs, they are a side that can come from behind so we are certainly taking nothing for granted.”

Opting to name the same XV as last weekend, Kennedy said: “Momentum is key at this stage of the season and it makes sense to stick with a winning formula.

“I thought we played some excellent free-flowing rugby at their place, which was good to see. This season has been all about peaking at the right time and that’s what we have been aiming to do by keeping the lads fresh throughout the campaign.

“Each department, whether it’s the strength and conditioning staff to the medical team, have done superbly to prepare the lads for this situation.”

London Irish: 15 Tommy Bell, 14 Alex Lewington, 13 Aseli Tikoirotuma, 12 Fergus Mulchrone, 11 Joe Cokanasiga, 10 James Marshall, 9 Brendan McKibbin, 1 Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi, 2 David Paice (c), 3 Ben Franks, 4 Sebastian De Chaves, 5 Jebb Sinclair, 6 Mike Coman, 7 Blair Cowan, 8 Ofisa Treviranus

Replacements: 16 Dave Porecki, 17 Tom Court, 18 Ollie Hoskins, 19 George Robson, 20 Conor Gilsenan, 21 Scott Steele, 22 Greig Tonks

Re: Teams up - unchanged
HK Phooey (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 12:08
Doncaster team

Knights XV; 15) Paul Jarvis, 14) Dougie Flockhart, 13) Andy Bulumakau, 12) Lloyd Hayes, 11) Tyson Lewis, 10) Simon Humberstone, 9) Michael Heaney, 1) Richard List, 2) Ben Hunter, 3) WillGriff John, 4) Matt Challinor, 5) Jarad Williams, 6) Jack Ram, 7) Michael Hills, 8) Alex Shaw.

Replacements; 16) Jack Bergmanas, 17) Dave Nelson, 18) Joe Sproston, 19) Dave Nolan, 20) Aaron Carpenter, 21) Sam Edgerley, 22) Dec Cusack.

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 12:34
I don't think they are confident of a win.....

"Upfront WillGriff John starts for the final time in a Knights jersey as the prop joins Sale Sharks for the 2017/18 campaign, he accompanies Ben Hunter and Richard List in the front row."

GHA (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 13:03
Can't see them being particularly up for it when the deficit is combined with the fact they have declined promotion anyway

The Sligo Rover (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 13:22
That L.I. team selection is quite a surprise.
It must be the team he has in mind for the next two games.

HMRH (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 14:11
How does the front row selection mean they're not confident?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2017 14:11 by HMRH.

Florida (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 14:17
"starts for the final time in a Knights jersey"

the wording implies they do not think they will qualify for the next two games.

MattM (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 14:17
Quote:
HMRH

It's not the selection that suggests lack of confidence but the statement that for one of the players it will be their final time in a Doncaster jersey as he is off to Sale.

Sponsoring Matt Kouris again for the 2017/18 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 14:19
Quote:
HMRH

I think it is the statement that Willgriff John will be starting for Donny for the last time on Saturday before leaving

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

HMRH (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 14:42
Yes I know - I was seeing if Stoker knew something else about the 3

mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 15:34
sam edgerley - DONCASTER NO 9

ex LONDON IRISH ACADEMY AND ENGLAND 7S

thought I recognised the name.

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 16:25
Quote:
HMRH
Yes I know - I was seeing if Stoker knew something else about the 3

Nope sorry

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Irish Poll

What do you think of this poll?

See results > Submit >>