rugbyunion
Latest News:

Going to Leeds?
Newname (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 17:33
I am going but haven't made final plans.
Where is anyone else sitting?
Any tips for hotels & parking etc ?

Re: Going to Leeds?
Bill the chip (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 19:25
Hi newname! I know it's a really tough one to get to for most midweek but there are 4 at least here! Really think we should all try to get together and make an impact.
I can't help with the hotels,but there is parking at the ground. We will be heading for the side of the ground with the cricket pitch adjacent,it's also the dugout side where the players come out...hope to see you there!# green army

Exilesqueen (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 20:23
2 of us coming up, hotel adjacent to ground is £77 room only free parking.
Will aim to sit dug out side too

06 May, 2017 20:48
Dear All,

Three of us also staying at the Headlingley Lodge (£77).

A few rooms still available on booking.com.

SGGS

almostatyke (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 21:06
Carnegie fan in absolute peace here. Welcome to the Play-off Finals (we got there yesterday, of course). If you stay at the Headingley Lodge you are not just near the ground, you are actually in it. Cricket ground on one side and the rugby ground on the other, though often with Rugby League markings. If only I didn't live just up the road I would stay there myself.
Parking shouldn't be a problem for those of you not staying in the ground - there is street parking that copes with Leeds Rhinos 18000+ crowds.
If you are arriving by train, buy a ticket to Burley Park or Headingley stations (normally no extra cost) and local trains run every half hour. Saves a £3 bus fare from the centre of Leeds.
In our ground there is usually Black Sheep at £4.10 a pint, but in Headingley there are loads of pubs half a mile from the ground (might have to push a few students out) with good ale. The infamous Otley Run, during which a certain Cipriati tried to tackle the number 6 bus, runs through Headingley.

It will be great to see you all at the ground - enjoy the experience (if not the result?????).

EDIT: Trust someone will advise us Tykes on the logistics for the Reading match.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2017 21:10 by almostatyke.

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 22:38
I imagine there will also be a largish contingent standing on the terrace opposite the stand the teams come out of!

Newname (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 09:26
Ticket booked - hotel booked!

Derby Irish Fan (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 12:34
Tickets booked so two more here, mind the wooden seats

orsoncart (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 19:18
Quote:
Jon_r43
I imagine there will also be a largish contingent standing on the terrace opposite the stand the teams come out of!

Not been to the ground, so help please.Is that the Paddock Stand, or the other side?

almostatyke (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 21:33
Entry tickets are valid for anywhere in the ground except a small exclusive, near halfway line element in the north stand, reserved for corporates/ gold season ticket holders. So you can sit (sometimes the seats are wooden) or stand virtually amywhere. The main point is that the seats are not numbered so you can meet up with your mates. A bit like the old football grounds.

Although no difference in price, many Carnegie supporters prefer the standing South Stand.

I just hope loads of you turn up as the ground needs more than us Carnege supporters can provide to get the right atmosphere.

orsoncart (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 21:44
Quote:
almostatyke
Entry tickets are valid for anywhere in the ground except a small exclusive, near halfway line element in the north stand, reserved for corporates/ gold season ticket holders. So you can sit (sometimes the seats are wooden) or stand virtually amywhere. The main point is that the seats are not numbered so you can meet up with your mates. A bit like the old football grounds.
Although no difference in price, many Carnegie supporters prefer the standing South Stand.

I just hope loads of you turn up as the ground needs more than us Carnege supporters can provide to get the right atmosphere.

Thanks, good of you!

jekyll (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 20:03
Two more booked including staying at Headingley Lodge

BcSRob (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 20:04
Two more here, tickets printed, hotel booked. Looking forward to a good game.

Rob

Fursa (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 20:58
4 more here

Crazy Harry (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 23:17
Hoping to go so 1 more here

baldstumpy (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 10:18
Ticket Purchased for just me Jan is working till late, Will record match so she can watch it, No onsite parking available via website, always parked at the Ground before no problem strange

Derby Irish Fan (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 11:39
I have a ground parking ticket got it off the website but it has been playing up a bit so try their box office

waltham (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 14:26
Three of us going and staying at the Ascot Grange Hotel (unless we find somewhere better)..
Cheers

baldstumpy (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 18:31
Parking sorted on the Phone collection on the day confirmation Email printed

lardyboy (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 19:36
I'm going and also staying at Headingley lodge. Cannot wait!

baldstumpy (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 12:35
It's Raining in Cleethorpes but not as Heavy as forecast last night on the News

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Irish Poll

What do you think of this poll?

See results > Submit >>