rugbyunion
Latest News:

Can't get to Leeds
Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 18:33
Would love to go but won't be able to make Leeds on a Wednesday night. Any pubs or venues planning on showing the match in the Reading or Basingstoke area

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2017 18:40 by Irish 'Stoker.

Re: Can't get to Leeds
Iron Lung (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 19:33
I've suggested to LISC that they organise a meeting point for us to watch the game together. Let's see what comes of that but I'm up for a gathering in Reading.

Stevie J (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 22:40
Yup - we have asked The Gateway in Reading and Hazelwood to confirm if they will be showing the matches and if so those of us not in Leeds can gather hopefully.

"Well done, is better than well said."
Benjamin Franklin, 1706 - 1790

09 May, 2017 23:16
Cool, I saw that the nagshead in Reading showed the semifinal leg so hopefully somewhere will

HMRH (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 07:36
The Moderation in Caversham will show the game

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 10:06
Pretty limited for pubs that show Sky Sports now as they seem to have priced themselves out of reach to most.

The only town centre pubs I know of are The Nags Head & The Gateway. Walkabout & O'Neils are possibilities but not having been in either for years, I can't confirm.

Iron Lung (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 15:06
From today's LISC email:

Can't Make it to Leeds? Watch the 1st Leg with Fellow Supporters!

With the first leg away in Leeds, we have been asked if the LISC would host a supporter get together to watch the games. We have asked both our sponsor The Gateway in Reading and the Hazelwood Centre, home of London Irish if they will be showing the match.

So join us and your fellow supporters for food, drink and hopefully a 1st Leg Playoff Final win (!) in the following locations;
The Gateway, Reading - Located on Greyfriars Road, just 2 minutes from Reading Train Station (at bottom of Station Hill) and Taxi Rank. Food available to order. Visit their website for more.
Hazelwood Centre, Sunbury-on-Thames - The home of London Irish, located not far from Junction 1 of the M3 and accessible via train and a short walk. Visit their website for more.
These are not LISC-member events and are open to all so bring friends, family and more to cheer on the boys and maybe have a drink!

Newname (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 08:25
Well done LISC!

Stevie J (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 12:42
Just to confirm that LISC have made doubly sure;

Reading - The Gateway are showing the match. Hot food will be available to order for those coming from work.

Hazelwood - for those closer to Sunbury, they will be open from 6pm and showing the match in the clubhouse.

"Well done, is better than well said."
Benjamin Franklin, 1706 - 1790

15 May, 2017 13:00
Well done LISC (Sm128)

Iron Lung (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:41
Thank you LISC. There were enough of us in the Gateway for a cracking if nervy atmosphere!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Irish Poll

What do you think of this poll?

See results > Submit >>