Ojo for Joe - team change
HMRH (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 12:04
Team as was with exception of Topsy on the wing for the injured Joe Cokanasiga

Wont see the ball looking at that forecast

Re: Ojo for Joe - team change
paulm1953 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 12:43
I am sure Topsy will do a great job but would have preferred to have Ben Ransom (if fit). Also would have preferred Glisenan rather than Narraway on the bench. I though Glisenan has been awesome in the last few games.

I will trust Nick K.

Come on you Irish

Paul

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 12:55
The Yorkshire Carnegie team is:

15. Chris Elder
14. Jonah Holmes
13. Pete Lucock
12. Tom Casson
11. Seb Stegmann
10. Joe Ford
9. Alex Davies
1. Charlie Beech
2. Mike Mayhew
3. Sione Faletua
4. Matt Smith
5. Ben West
6. Ollie Stedman
7. Richard Mayhew
8. Ryan Burrows (c)
16. Ross Graham
17. Lewis Boyce
18. Rob O‘Donnell
19. Mike Myerscough
20. Richard Beck
21. Max Green
22. Stevie McColl

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 12:55
I was surprised by Narraway ahead of Conor but perhaps the weather forecast (Northern Rain) has something to do with it. Bit more experience and nouse in the dark arts to squeeze us home.

Expecting a 7+ point victory to take home to the mad stad.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 13:22
Topsy is excellent under the high ball and I would expect plenty of those in both attack and defence.

Assuming he is fit Conor must feel very hard done by...baffling decision.

HMRH (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 13:40
10 man rugby - Naz knows what he's doing and I'm happy with that although equally had Gilsenan played. .think it's a team for the conditions

stnick88 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 13:57
not baffling at all Shawshank. the forecast is suited to a big forward battle, Naz experience could be very useful. Gilsenan better suited to open play rugby.

Henry Ford (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 15:42
Maybe Gilsenan has an injury or picked up a knock in training? Even if not, the coaches know best. not at all baffling.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 15:58
Happy with that, experience is key in these games and we certainly have that in abundance. If the weather is as predicted then I'm sure the back three will have a lot of work under the high ball to do, hope lewi has sorted out his catching! Yorkshires pack is reasonable but struggled last against Ealing. Regarding Gilsenan I thought he really deserved his spot in the team so I'm hoping he gets a run out next week.
Although I would love the sun to be shining tomorrow, the rain probably helps us more than them as we have a much more structured gameplan

waltham (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 23:57
Very glad Topsy is in the squad.....who wouldn't bet on an intercept try?...So excited!! See y'all at Headingly.....Most important LI match ever???

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 07:45
Quote:
waltham
Very glad Topsy is in the squad.....who wouldn't bet on an intercept try?...So excited!! See y'all at Headingly.....Most important LI match ever???

Think you're probably right, can't even begin to think about the effects it will have if we don't go up..... CMON BOYS!

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 07:56
No issue with Topsy starting here. He's been around the block a few times and no one in that starting 15 will be more up for the game than him and Paice as the old timers.

Heavy rain is usually a bit of a leveller (especially with winning margins being so important), so YC will probably be slightly happier in that front.

That said our pack and especially the driving maul game has been excellent all season and all the key guys are in there. Goes without saying that the scrum will be hugely important and the one game we lost this year came when we struggled here. You'd like to think that wouldn't be an issue with Franks and Danny starting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net