rugbyunion
Latest News:

Leeds v Irish
mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 18:56
Leeds 3 6 irish

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

Re: Leeds v Irish
17 May, 2017 19:03
Danny scores a wonderful try

Leeds 3 13 Irish

MWM

17 May, 2017 19:08
Try Leeds

Leeds 8 - 13 irish

MWM

paddym (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 19:17
Leeds deservedly ahead, our defence is shocking tonight

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 19:20
We are all over the place

17 May, 2017 19:22
Leeds 15 - 13 irish

MWM

bigbitty (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 19:23
Have we ever called ourselves the "Green Army"? This was a comment on the TV feed.

AlecW (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 19:28
Topsy having a 'mare...

17 May, 2017 19:29
Sloppy ball dropping etc

But 2nd half will put this to bed

Leeds have learnt our game plan

But is only 34 minutes in

JPDoyle is in charge x

5 minutes to go

Great scrummage from Leeds
Tipsy gets the ball
Go for it Iiiiiirrrriiisshhhhh

It is not in the bag

Lewington nearly through

3 minutes to half time

Handling errors again

MWM

paddym (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 19:32
Awful from Lewington

turniphead (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 19:32
Currently watching via a stream over here in sunny Florida (from a water park no-less).

Defence looks really disorganised. Reassuring to see the Doc is in attendance though. I'm expecting (hoping?) that HT will allow him to sort out the mess along with Dec.

https://public.sn2.livefilestore.com/y1pbF7MepzeHRsTMq2BN6eLFopHfqOKjzqsLaGXCmPzr_xRAd47IL-adt8h_g7atZgWlAop9nh6QPeg7MRK8evkgg/Craic%20Signature.jpg?psid=1

tonyh50 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 19:34
Praying that Joe will be fit for next week - can't risk Topsy playing again, looking so vulnerable.
We are having a "bad day at the office" poor performance thus half.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 19:34
Half time came at the right time for us, need to sort it out sharp

bigbitty (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 19:36
Jeez Brendan, give them some psychotherapy!

Shawshank (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 19:37
It's not Topsy's fault that Tiks keeps charging out of the line and missing tackles.

Just need to get some ball, and keep composed.

A -5pt margin frorm tonight wouldn't be too bad.

bisach (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 19:41
Not too worried at the moment, as long as they start tackling as opposed to "hitting", and as long as they start defending as a unit, not individually.

paddym (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 19:41
How can Leeds go from being pumped in the scrum by Ealing to the performance they are putting in now? Most definitely on top.

AlecW (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 19:51
Idiot tackle from Tiks. Should've been a yellow. He needs to calm the feck down...!

17 May, 2017 20:00
Near gain line lots of defending from Leeds

Shove it over the line great defence from Leeds

Feck over to Topsy And into touch

Boo locks

Marshall should have gone over himself

B&k

MWM

AlecW (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:05
This is fecking DREADFUL...!!!

AlecW (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:09
Kryce, we so nearly butchered that...!

Nick4219 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:17
Trying to keep up on the BBC Leeds commentary but it is god awful boring commentary!

17 May, 2017 20:18
lost feed from cricfree - anyone know the score?

MWM

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:19
What's the score? At dinner with a Leeds supporter & one Mike Gibson...

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

17 May, 2017 20:20
18-23

gawd knows

MWM

exile99 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:21
18 - 23

Yeoman (IP Logged)
18 - 23 to LI

paddym (IP Logged)
18-23 Irish

exile99 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:23
Beginning (at last) to get some momentum.

Keep it going Irish!

bigbitty (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:23
Quote:
Foggy-Balla

The Mike Gibson, or our very own Mike Gibson?

exile99 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:24
18 - 26 - excellent penalty from Tommy Bell

17 May, 2017 20:24
new feed

[cricfree.sc]

MWM

17 May, 2017 20:25
18-26

MWM

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:32
Quote:
bigbitty
Quote:
Foggy-Balla

The Mike Gibson, or our very own Mike Gibson?

Our own. He's just over my shoulder & here in current professional capacity.

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

17 May, 2017 20:35
Franks off

Brendan biting his nails as we all are

Good god next week is going to be fun- not

3 minutes to go

Blair down
And up
Scrum down on Leeds try line

Going for the points penalty going for posts could have gone and maybe penalty try

18-29

MWM

exile99 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:35
18 - 29 Full Time.

#COYI

17 May, 2017 20:37
First leg done off we go to Reading

Ben Franks Motm

18-29

MWM

Alphacat (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:38
COYI, we'll be a premiership club again before long! Play safe in the home leg and we'll be okay!

exile99 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:40
Well done to the boys - and great support from everyone who managed to get to the game.

Going to be a big game next week.

#COYI

frank2u (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:50
well done lads, pulled that one back & well done yorks for making it a ...stumbling leg!

Shawshank (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:50
Yorks blew themselves out by 50 mins and we then pulled ahead v professionally.

Sky commentators were appalling. Sanderson really is a complete dick.

JP was sound and on balance we had the rub of the green.

A strong first 40 next week and we can have a relaxing end to the season...

mackemII (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:54
Only managed to listen to the last 15 minutes on Radio Berkshire, great noise from London Irish fans, well done to all those who travelled and looking forward to next Wednesday. After all, when you come from Sunderland, it's great to support a team who might just be in the Premiership next season(Sm152)

M51 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:58
lucky fellow always loved to watch Mike Gibson....

RodB (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:59
Any chance of Tiks being cited; Sanderson et all were baying for a red in the post game wrap up?

Heaf (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:01
red?

fatlad76 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:02
Jp saw it all. Citing? Why it wasn't missed!

WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:09
Irish deserved the win however got away with 2 blatent yellow cards, one of which may well have resulted in a Leeds try. Think you shouldve been looking at a 5 or so point win but there you go.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:12
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Irish deserved the win however got away with 2 blatent yellow cards, one of which may well have resulted in a Leeds try. Think you shouldve been looking at a 5 or so point win but there you go.

I presume Tikoirotuma is one of the incidents you're talking about, and the other??

Paul_D (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:12
We definitely got the rub of the green with JP this evening.

Heaf (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:13
About time ...

Alphacat (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:14
Quote:
Hugo.LI
Quote:
WorcesterSauce

I presume Tikoirotuma is one of the incidents you're talking about, and the other??

Probably the obstruction in the second half.

Paul_D (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:15
Quote:
Heaf
About time ...

Indeed!

17 May, 2017 21:15
Quote:
Hugo.LI
Quote:
WorcesterSauce

No sure who, but the pen given for the clear, deliberate and completely cynical obstruction of leeds full back as he chipped through to the try line.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:18
I think that the winger should be cited for bringing the game into disrepute, in the slow motion replay there seemed to be hardly any contact with the head, I love the three medics on the pitch for 3 minutes, did the winger go off for head injury tests, or did he look groggy, no he was milking it, yes it was a penalty but not a card.
While I'm on here what is the new tactic of over crawling on the floor or multiple rolling at the breakdown tackle the number 8 made more yards on the floor than most of our squad.

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

17 May, 2017 21:18
Quote:
LI Bohemian
I think that the winger should be cited for bringing the game into disrepute, in the slow motion replay there seemed to be hardly any contact with the head, I love the three medics on the pitch for 3 minutes, did the winger go off for head injury tests, or did he look groggy, no he was milking it, yes it was a penalty but not a card.
While I'm on here what is the new tactic of over crawling on the floor or multiple rolling at the breakdown tackle the number 8 made more yards on the floor than most of our squad.

The most one eyed post i have ever read.

LLL (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:29
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Quote:
Hugo.LI
Quote:
WorcesterSauce

No sure who, but the pen given for the clear, deliberate and completely cynical obstruction of leeds full back as he chipped through to the try line.

Marshall.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:32
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Quote:
LI Bohemian

The most one eyed post i have ever read.

The most over used and inaccurate reply I have ever read

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:33
Quote:
LI Bohemian

This post is embarrassing to LI. Yikes.

Not saying Leeds would have won but two blatant yellows (at least!) not given plus continuously biased refereeing in LI favour... would have set a different tone to the match had it been reffed appropriately. As I just posted on Bristol forum Doyle was outrageous and I'd be livid if I were a Leeds fan.

Congratulations on the win, you deserve to go up having topped the table and good luck next week.

M51 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:40
It wasn't James M greatest rugby performance with Irish but he was an integral part of the winning team and did what he thought at that moment in time. lets get going for the Real final at the Mad Stad next week...C'mon Irish

17 May, 2017 21:43
LI Bohemian take your blinkers off. As rinkadink says, your post is embarassing.

Irish deserved the win, and I think they would've even won with two yellow cards. Your no 15 is a handy goal kicker which is absolutely vital in a final.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:47
I agree that we got lucky with the decisions. Tiks was a definite yellow, I'd have to watch the Marshall incident again though before I make a judgement. Having said that I thought jp was very lenient in how Yorkshire defended our mauls and Yorkshire were fortunate not to have one of their forwards binned after repeated penalties at scrum.

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:49
The best news is, most of these players will be playing for us away at a Sarries and Tigers next season .......

JDH (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:06
Well done irish. You played the right game in the last 20. You got the rub of the green off Doyle though. I hope we get it next week. See you there

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:07
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
LI Bohemian take your blinkers off. As rinkadink says, your post is embarassing.
Irish deserved the win, and I think they would've even won with two yellow cards. Your no 15 is a handy goal kicker which is absolutely vital in a final.

I do not agree, that Ticks tackle was a red or a yellow card, it was what JP said it was, a high tackle if it was a slap as Dewi said then some one would have heard it. The wingers head did not flick back in the tackle, I genuinely think it was milked. The Marshall block was a yellow but jp in the past has never done us any favours.
Like I said if it was that bad he would have gone off for concussion checks, he layed there for a while.
If it was the other way around it would draw the same conclusion from me, I honestly don't like that sort of nonsense.
Also, as mentioned in other posts that YC should be livid with the officials decisions, so should Ealing from the last game.

Strom (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:11
Quote:
Shawshank
Yorks blew themselves out by 50 mins and we then pulled ahead v professionally.
Sky commentators were appalling. Sanderson really is a complete dick.

a lot of the Carnegie boys looked out on their feet at 60 mins.

So so glad I decided not to buy SKY.

Quote:
Shawshank
JP was sound and on balance we had the rub of the green.

We got lucky with James Marshall, but Tiks' stupid tackle seemed worse than it was. No HIA for the YC player???

There were a few warnings to the YC guys too.

JP had decided : its a final(ish) so let's keep 15 on the field if possible. Job well done.

(Sm42)

Heaf (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:54
Having watched the replay YC got let off quite a bit too ...

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 23:31
There was a comment once, & I think we were handed the end of the stick covered in ordure, "these things even themselves out over the course of a season". Naturally they never did for us.

Of course we know the rules (not laws on this occasion, pedants) & have to cope with them. However I'm keeping my hens safely in the coop so I can then count them with a big smile on my face in a week's time, & am feeding the fat lady lots of port so she sings beautifully when it's all over.

Until that final whistle goes next Wednesday we simply don't know. I love our team, but I respect theirs...

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Alphacat (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 23:50
Quote:
Shawshank

JP had decided : its a final(ish) so let's keep 15 on the field if possible. Job well done.

(Sm42)

It's the same ref who gave Bristol two yellow cards a couple of years ago that allowed Worcester to win it so I don't buy the "it's a final" reasoning winking smiley

exile99 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 06:58
Quote:
Alphacat
Quote:
Shawshank

(Sm42)

It's the same ref who gave Bristol two yellow cards a couple of years ago that allowed Worcester to win it so I don't buy the "it's a final" reasoning winking smiley

I disagree - JP has improved dramatically as a ref over the last couple of years.

He used to spend lots of time getting the TMO to replay incidents on the big screen, and then make his own decision without talking further to the TMO.

These days he's much more likely to trust his own initial decisions and let the game flow. I suspect he's been basing his style more on Nigel Owens' than Wayne Barnes'.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 06:59
I thought JP was appalling. We probably should have had two yellows and he let them away with murder defending mauls, at the breakdown and running blocking dummy lines in attack.

Finno (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 07:03
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Quote:
WorcesterSauce

I do not agree, that Ticks tackle was a red or a yellow card, it was what JP said it was, a high tackle if it was a slap as Dewi said then some one would have heard it. The wingers head did not flick back in the tackle, I genuinely think it was milked. The Marshall block was a yellow but jp in the past has never done us any favours.
Like I said if it was that bad he would have gone off for concussion checks, he layed there for a while.
If it was the other way around it would draw the same conclusion from me, I honestly don't like that sort of nonsense.
Also, as mentioned in other posts that YC should be livid with the officials decisions, so should Ealing from the last game.

When you saw the slow mo replay it looked a nailed on yellow, not so sure at normal speed. But if he was on the flat of his back for a number of mins with three medics around him, surely a HIA was mandatory??? Maybe JP got it right, and it really wasn't as bad as it looked!

tomthepom (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 07:17
Quote:
Strom

(Sm42)

I recognise that sentiment - refs like to do this if possible, Owens a prime example with a decision in Sarries v Clermont on Saturday that could have been a 'letter of law' card. But equally a line has to be drawn beyond which blatant transgressions are punished appropriately and consistently, and I don't think JPD judged that line correctly on at least one, possibly two occasions. Laughable claim from one poster that the player who sustained the swinging arm to the face should be cited...

J6/7 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 09:09
Bohemian got one thing dead right - all this pathetic, unseemingly crawling along the ground and excessive rotation is demeaning and extremely sad! It makes me wonder, apparently this behaviour is permittable providing the tackled player (on the ground) is not held, but if he is held then the player holding him is penalised! Somewhat counter productive. I think we should revert to the original law which required a tackled player to release the ball when on the ground, much easier to referee too!

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 09:24
Quote:
tomthepom
Quote:
Strom

(Sm42)

I recognise that sentiment - refs like to do this if possible, Owens a prime example with a decision in Sarries v Clermont on Saturday that could have been a 'letter of law' card. But equally a line has to be drawn beyond which blatant transgressions are punished appropriately and consistently, and I don't think JPD judged that line correctly on at least one, possibly two occasions.
Laughable claim from one poster that the player who sustained the swinging arm to the face should be cited...

Equally laughable claim that the swinging arm made contact with the the face or even the head and that the match official, TMO, touch judge on that side of the pitch are all inept. I think you need to look at what happened instead of what might/should have happened.
Lucky that non-blow to the head that layout a player for 3 mins did not require going off the pitch.

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

JDH (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 09:57
I think contact to the head was pretty clear live and on replays. Whether he did or didn't need a HIA shouldn't be the basis on which the ref makes the call in any such incident.
Water under the bridge now though. See you next week.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 10:23
Thought it was a yellow for the high tackle, but in fairness to Holmes, I actually thought that he wanted to get up, it was the three medics who were milking it. There was nothing wrong with him, I think they were trying to fool JP and fair play he went the other way and took no further penalty for the incident. No one would have complained if he was carded.

YC were blatantly time wasting from what I could see on the box. Tying shoe laces before scrums etc. clock kept ticking as well. The longer that game went on the more we took a foothold. We took an easy three points at the end when a dominant scrum could have punished them more. Probably the right decision, if the easy one. YC are a really good team, but they want to throw it around, their pack capitulated v Ealing and were heading that way last night. I feel the tactics were coming from Redpath to the medics headphones and the lads running on with water to basically time waste. Just how I saw it. We were lucky with the yellows, but a good experienced ref was seeing the gamesmanship in front of him and it probably went against them in the end.

Henry Ford (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 12:50
Quote:
Bazzo
Thought it was a yellow for the high tackle, but in fairness to Holmes, I actually thought that he wanted to get up, it was the three medics who were milking it. There was nothing wrong with him, I think they were trying to fool JP and fair play he went the other way and took no further penalty for the incident. No one would have complained if he was carded.
YC were blatantly time wasting from what I could see on the box. Tying shoe laces before scrums etc. clock kept ticking as well. The longer that game went on the more we took a foothold. We took an easy three points at the end when a dominant scrum could have punished them more. Probably the right decision, if the easy one. YC are a really good team, but they want to throw it around, their pack capitulated v Ealing and were heading that way last night. I feel the tactics were coming from Redpath to the medics headphones and the lads running on with water to basically time waste. Just how I saw it. We were lucky with the yellows, but a good experienced ref was seeing the gamesmanship in front of him and it probably went against them in the end.

See where you are coming from. That's well put.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 14:54
Had this not been a final I suspect we would of ran away with it in the last 20. I'm sure we would of gone for another scrum or line-out and most likely scored a couple

The Sligo Rover (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 17:26
My wish is that we score first next Wednesday with a seven pointer, that will then give is a great platform to control the rest of the game. COYI.

Heaf (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 20:16
I was thinking we should have gone for a scrum at the end too - highly likely to get a try and start with a lead of more than 2 converted tries in the last match ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net