rugbyunion
Latest News:

Best comedy on sky tonight!
fatlad76 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:55
If you want to have the best comedy tonight watch the after match summary on sky! That should have been red! That should have been yellow! Laughed my green socks off!

Re: Best comedy on sky tonight!
Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:56
I found Lewingtons over exuberant celebration when we won a penalty quite amusing as well!

fatlad76 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:59
His response to jp was good too!
All it was short of was hands down wrists out. Fair cop you got me!

clonmick (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:01
Don't Millwall sing, no one likes us, we don't care? We may have to have a similar song after that nonsense from the Sky 'pundits' Dewi Morris has lost it. As for the other two muppets, I despair that Sky have really, really dumbed down.

Heaf (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:02
Sky have always had the worst pundits - take Barnes as an example ..

HK Phooey (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:09
Loved the comment

"I've seen worse for a yellow"

Paul_D (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:25
How many different names has Dewy got for Mike Coman? So far I've heard Conman, Cowman & Cowan. I'm sure he'll find some more gems next week.

NMB (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:27
I can't stand sky's coverage of Championship rugby, not just the terrible commentary but the camera angles mean you can't follow the game. They zoom into someone's thigh or ankle so you have no idea what's happening in the scrum/maul and only see that the balls popped out a couple of phases later.

Some of the things the commentators were coming out with were ridiculous

LLL (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:28
Quote:
HK Phooey
Loved the comment
"I've seen worse for a yellow"

Loved it too, was hilarious

Jonny_C (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:30
Our pub had the subtitles on as well. Double comedy.
Now what was that quote from the pundit after Tim's' tackle "I've seen yellow cards given for worse".

No sh** Sherlock. :-)

Alphacat (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:32
I think this is all a bit harsh - I'm just glad Sky are even showing the finals at all!

Jonny_C (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 23:23
Harsh! They are being paid to deliver insightful commentary. We should not get blather.
I'm glad Sky showed the finals and so they should. Now that BT Sport are giving their monopoly some competition.

Florida (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 23:33
What frustrated me most was their constant talking. At one point JP was talking and it would have been great to hear what he was saying, instead we got treated to the commentators telling us about the sunset!

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 07:37
The commentary and punditry was appalling. It was clear they have watched little Championship rugby this season and they offered nothing insightful whatsoever, simply repeating ad nauseum that we were 'edgy' and Carnegie were playing really well.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 11:46
The thing that annoyed me is they sometimes make comments like young players should take note of this good play and that good play...... then slag off the ref in a way more harsh way than I ever see on BT? Are they teaching young people how to behave?

Calling refs decisions is part of the job, but fairly and being so judge and jury on the decisions is not. It is not what should be set as the norm for kids and parents of rugby playing children who watch those games. Thought that they were bad to Wigglesworth in the semi final and worse to JPD last night. I was shocked watching it. Even if the ref is wrong, he is right, that is rugby. Blaming the outcome of a game on the referee is not what rugby is all about.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 11:52
They have clearly not done their homework, as if they had checked our away results we rarely beat sides convincingly in the league,.

One minute they were praising us to the heavens, the next minute we were losing it big time, they were frankly utterly clueless and the sooner that Mr Morris and Mr Sanderson are dispatched to the knackers yard the better for all concerned ...

cjm. (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 13:01
Tough crowd. Wasn't the greatest but these aren't players that are seen week in week out as the Championship has so few televised games so knowledge will be thin. The grounds, in general, aren't set up for TV so have fewer cameras.

You have to earn the right to go wide(scale TV Coverage).

That said the comedy of our play in the first half makes me worry about staking a place in the Premiership.

Henry Ford (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 13:47
Strange how people see things.....

The will and determination to put things right at half time and come out and win by 11 when 2 behind gives me great hope for the future and hopefully the premiership !

MattM (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 13:56
Quote:
Henry Ford
Strange how people see things.....
The will and determination to put things right at half time and come out and win by 11 when 2 behind gives me great hope for the future and hopefully the premiership !

Yes! Totally agree. We didn't disintegrate and that in itself is a good sign

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2017/18 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

The Sligo Rover (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 18:04
I have to wholeheartly agree 100% with Florida. It never ceases to incense me when the commentators in rugby speak when the referee is speaking, particularly at a stoppage.
The whole point of having the ref 'mic'd up' is so that we can hear what he says and what his view and decisions are. What is the point in having it if we cannot hear it because Mr Commentator or Mr Pundit speaks over the ref. It is a great asset to the game and viewing.
Maybe the day will come soon when I can switch the commentary off and just listen to the ref and the odd bit of industrial language from the players that is bound to go with it.
So my message to the commentators and pundits is s.t.f.u. please when Sir is speaking, thank you.

jekyll (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 18:32
Totally agree with Florida, but I think the problem is that the comentators arent looking at the picture being sent out to the viewers so they havent got a clue about when the ref is speaking, so it is down to Producer to sort it out but if they are not rugby people but just tv men then we are not going to get the refs input.

PV (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 09:10
Dewi Morris has always been third rate, Pat Sanderson is blatantly anti London Irish to the point where it is sad and tedious.

ardoyneirish (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 09:30
Quote:
PV
Dewi Morris has always been third rate, Pat Sanderson is blatantly anti London Irish to the point where it is sad and tedious.

I think Sanderson is anti premiership rather than anti Irish... and he has a serious love for the play offs.

Total pleb if I'm honest.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 16:27
We feel the same about Pat in his loathing of Bristol. Dewi is below par. I think Miles Harrison is pretty decent overall though, seems to enjoy the game which is a bonus.

TAFKA hH (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 09:51
I enjoyed it. Thought the commentary was fine, and I actually like what Pat Sanderson has to say. He knows a hell of a lot more about the modern game than me and I think it's great to get his insight!

PV (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 10:27
Course he does.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net