rugbyunion
Latest News:

MOTM
Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 07:47
Agreeed with sky about Franks as he showed his value when things weren't going our way, he stepped up and helped shift momentum. Bell was also very good and other than the knock on Lewington was very dangerous

Re: MOTM
Finno (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 08:12
Bell for me, for his kicking from the tee! In important games it just shows how critical a high percentage kicker is!

Imagine if this was last year, we might have scraped home with a three point lead!

Shawshank (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 08:16
Yep, Tommy just edges over Big Ben.

Paicey was excellent too.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 08:27
Quote:
Finno
Bell for me, for his kicking from the tee! In important games it just shows how critical a high percentage kicker is!
Imagine if this was last year, we might have scraped home with a three point lead!

I'm imagining this was last year and I don't think we'd have won the match. We were really under the cosh from about 15 minutes in until half time and did well to turn that around and finish the match completely dominant and comfortably ahead.

Lots of gritty performances and the pack stood up really well in the end, but has to be Tommy Bell for me. A couple of those kicks were tricky and his accuracy would have eased the nerves of others. Class player who will be key for us next season should we complete the job next Wednesday.

HMRH (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 08:32
In the cold and sober light of day we were the better side, comfortably in the end. Forwards took control and last 20 really showed the difference between the sides. Franks, as ever, looked like a man with 47 NZ caps to his name. Naz also made a difference when he came on.

MOTM - Ben Franks

SirBurger (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 08:57
Franks

tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 09:23
I'd say either Cowan or Mulchrone

Cowan turned over and ripped ball at crucial moments when leeds had moment. Taking that work load into the last 30 minutes without faltering. And Mulchrone seemed to find holes and bust through them to keep our momentum up at key moments as well.

Brian_N (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 09:32
Fergus Mulchrone

Babs O (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 09:44
Franks for me. Dont think he missed a tackle and was the cornerstone for our pack asserting dominance in the 2nd half.

Strom (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 09:51
The Pack - for the last 20 mins.

Randomly then, Ben Franks. With a mention for Cowan and Bell.

Despriarno (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 10:09
MOTM = Yorkshire No8

For Irish Bell and Frank

Also agree that we would have lost this match last season and the season before

Bazzo (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 11:36
Ben Franks for his work rate and his experience in a pressure situation to turn things round. Blair a good second and most consistent all season.

If it was kicking only then Bell but sadly for him catching high balls, not letting them bounce and tackling are also part of his role.

b.q.f.m (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 17:26
Fergus. My man of match and season #unsunghero

The Sligo Rover (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 18:11
Leeds No. 8 will be a big hit at Falcons next season, he gave us plenty of headaches in the first half and got them going forward.

M51 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 01:33
I think Big Ben did a great job but as already discussed Fergus is the unsung hero and hopefully will be recognised. I still miss the quality of a Seilala Mapusua. Lets hope we will see his like again at London Irish.

TAFKA hH (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 09:55
Bell. Not many of the kicks were gimme's. Points win games. Keep him at LI no matter what. We wont be successful in the prem without a quality goal kicker

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Irish Poll

What do you think of this poll?

See results > Submit >>